The online racing simulator
Are you satisfied with LFS
(68 posts, started )

Poll : Are You HAPPY with LFS

Yes I'm happy
No I'm not HAPPY
Think back when you first played LFS and compare it to the present LFS, Are you happy with the way LFS in leaning towards?? Has your needs of a Racing Simulation been meet?

I'd like to see what people have to say, I'm not starting anything with the DEVS, It's been something I've been wanting to ask.
Very satisfied.

Everything about LFS is great, of course there are some things that I would like to see, DX10 graphics, weather to pick a few. I hope we will see them soon, and even if we dont, in the back of my head I know this game was made by only 3 guys.

What we have already x how many guys made it = more that what I would expect.
Very satisfied
Could be better, netcode for example, but beside that - perfect!
Quote from The General Lee :Very satisfied.

Everything about LFS is great, of course there are some things that I would like to see, DX10 graphics, weather to pick a few. I hope we will see them soon, and even if we dont, in the back of my head I know this game was made by only 3 guys.

What we have already x how many guys made it = more that what I would expect.

Would you be disapointed if we dont see much for the later Versions of LFS, Such as Track/s, Car/s and ect....
To be honest mate, I wouldn't.

If it was made by a big company like EA Games, then I would. But because its only made by 3 blokes, any updates are a blessing.

For me, the game-play, physics, cars, tracks, online play etc arn't the buying point for me, its the fact that only 3 blokes have made this game. They are making it for alot less from making LFS than if they were making a game for EA Games. They arn't making games for the money, they are making it for me and you. If Scavier shut up shop now, I wouldn't be pissed off or disapointed. Like I said, what they have made already between them is amazing and if it all stopped now, we have enough great stuff to keep us going for a very long time.
Yeah, I am. It's been the game I've always stuck with.

Does get a tad repetitive, though. And keyboard isn't the most fun thing.
You could've worded the poll options a bit better. I know I'm happy, but I don't know if you are
There should be more to chose on when you vote in this topic.

Should be -
*Very much Satisfied
*Satisfied
*Could be better, but I like it
*No, I`m not satisfied
#9 - Nobo
Its the best game i have ever bought and it gets better and better.
In some way its more simple then most of the games, on the other hand it goes more in the depth (physics) then all other racing games.
Not bored after 2 years of playing. And Ctra-X gave me more new motivation
Quote from Nobo :Its the best game i have ever bought and it gets better and better.
In some way its more simple the most of the games, on the other hand it goes more in the depth (physics) then all other racing games.
No bored after 2 years of playing. And Ctra-X gave me more new motivation

what this smart little fellow said!
#11 - Gunn
Quote from Batterypark :You could've worded the poll options a bit better. I know I'm happy, but I don't know if you are

Fixed
Quote from Nobo :Its the best game i have ever bought and it gets better and better.
In some way its more simple then most of the games, on the other hand it goes more in the depth (physics) then all other racing games.
Not bored after 2 years of playing. And Ctra-X gave me more new motivation

The same as you say it

What I like about LFS is that it`s simple
Of course it`s hard as hell to master and driving fast laps, but still it`s fast to join any server, chose a car and have fun. And I really don`t care about the graphics in LFS, it`s far good enough for me, and it`s not that bad eighter, if you put some AA and AF on.

And as you say, there are coming new and grea stuff to the game in every new patch, and there are a lot of servers that contributes very good to the game, with nice drivers and good leadership.

Thanks to you all I have been racing with in the past. You probally hate me all of you, but as long I`m still not baned from every possible server in LFS, there still will be a lot of great battles and races to be fought out in the time to come
I like the game, I just want to see more in the later versions of LFS
The best games I've ever bought are LFS, RBR, GPL and N2003. They've all given me huge amounts of enjoyment and nothing else comes close to them. LFS is my current favourite because it just works and has cracking online racing avaliable at the click of a button, which unfortunatley the Papy sims don't have anymore. All this for £24? Well I suppose it's bad vaule really seeing as my GPL was £18, N2003 was £19.99 and RBR was £4.99
Well, seeing new video games cost around 49/39 euro, I guess LFS is thje best.

36 euro for a game which you never dare to uninstall, just because it's a great game.
AND it get's better every day. You can see the development, and that's just great.
Definatly satisfied. I have been playing for a little under 2 years and never felt i needed to have a break from it. I play other games, some racing some not, but i find myself wanting to come back to lfs. The one thing that I have noticed playing LFS over other games is that after an hour of playing some random game, you know you have been playing for an hour. I was racing for about 3 hours one night and would of sworn it was only about an hour and only stopped because i was falling asleep lol.

Things could be improved, yes. But and big but I feel is that it is improving all the time (even if we don't get to see the improvement until patch day.)
Quote from ajp71 :The best games I've ever bought are LFS, RBR, GPL and N2003.

Because of computer restraints, I have to go farther back then you did here. My "proper" sim experience moved from Indycar Racing 2 (1995), to NR2002/3 (2004), and to LFS (2005). It wasn't until 2003 that I finally was able to replace my original 1995 PC, so I thoroughly enjoyed Indycar Racing 2 for 9 years. I simulated NASCAR with ICR2 and track downloads until I could run NR2002/03. Never heard of RBR until I found LFS.

Am I happy with LFS? Absolutely. I wouldn't be messing with it if I wasn't. I'd be racing GTR/L, or rFactor, or other if I wasn't happy.

It's more than cars and tracks for me. It's the physics and a big part is the way they are developing, fixing everything and adding features without calling a buggy release complete, then fixing it for an entire new sim for more money. I truely respect the devs with the way they are developing LFS. Even if I was to quit racing, I would still purchase S3 when it eventually comes because of that respect.
Yes I am definitely happy with it. Physics are the most important thing for me personally, so it's a no brainer.

Since it's already such a superb product, it's tantalizing to wonder what it will be like in the end, and that does actually get frustrating - because the core is already so well done. It's easy to think "man, if only there was brake fade/heat/wear etc, if only there was this, or that, or the other thing" because every new physical aspect that will (hopefully) be modelled in the future will make a profound impact on what's already a great sim.

So whilst I have more fun with LFS than any other PC title ever, I would still be disappointed if development ceased because LFS fills a niche in terms of physics that so many other attempts fail at; some miserably, some narrowly. It would be a dreadfully hideous thought to see the remaining potential of LFS be wasted. I'd get over it, but I'd probably mourn...
I love it, but no I'm not satisfied with it. There are things about it that make me cringe a bit.

I'm rarely satisfied with anything, though.
#20 - JTbo
Best online experience, great driving feel and so on, I'm very happy how things are going, looking forward what is to come.

Sure I could wan't thing or two being priorized differently (damage vs language for example, but it is dev's baby and it is great that they do share it with us before finishing it.
Am 99% happy it with it but you know what 100% happy is debris hanging from your car and stuff you get what I mean anyway. I see that in game then that will make me happy more happy then i am now.
^Agreed, realistic damage would be good, but if it didn't have that, LFS would still be a great game.

Now only if those dang barriers got fixed >_<

Aside that LFS has some of the cleanest online play ever, and is very fun.
Im not playing LFS that much because Im a bit "unsatisfied" with the track and car content of the game. The cars are simply too slow for the kind of racing I like.

- more ovals
- NASCAR or Champcar

would be nice. But I must say I played not many games that much. Only Guild Wars and Sports Car GT I played that much often as LFS.

If the developers only add weather and stuff and no more cars/tracks I will not buy S3. If they will make a new graphics engine and add more content I will buy it, that´s for sure. Right now Im more satisfied with rFactor but I can imagine that it will least not that long like lfs. But right now I loooove to ride my Peugeot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GIyP0vyN0c
LFS is THE best racing simulation software out there, and who would not be satisfied with it? i mean sure it ain't got nascar stock cars or touring cars or a wider veriety of tracks, BUT WHO GIVES A F..K? NOT ME! its got everything I want in it. exept hanging and falling debris from cars.
92% Satisfied vs 8% Demo racers

(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG