The online racing simulator
Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
yeah its pretty good when you know what to do, i just have no idea if i would open things what to do then...
cant wait to get home from school now and practice practice practice
umm the wheel in lfs isnt in the centre as it used to be and the momo wheel is in centre i did everything i could but no effect... this bugs me much... what should i do?

edit : fixed the problem.

now i have a problem about T1 in Blackwood. When i go in 5th gear i brake and the fbm turns to the left itself and makes me slide away from the corner like in these replays.
how long will it take me to go 1.14's as average lap times with a wheel to learn? cause im just crashing and spining now. i did a 1.14.31 though.
Well you just need to practice, btw you will notice that your PB´s will be better with the wheel, i have 2 months with my MOMO and finally i did 1:16 in blackwood with FBM, just play, practice and race as much as you can in a day to make good PB´s.

And of course you need a good set, maybe thats your problem with the T1, btw i didn´t check the SPR.

Adolfo Herrera.
Well im hiting 1.15s with the fbm right now easily with the wheel
Just wanted to ask if its okay to use 50 force in lfs and 50 of all in the logitech profiler except 100 in centering spring effect? Its quite hard to turn the wheel but its realistic.. any other advices how to make it more realistic without burning my wheel?
Profiler
- Overall Effects Strenght: 97% or 101% (differences in opinion, it's not really that huge a difference)
- Spring Effects Strenght: 0%
- Damper Effects Strenght: 0%
- Enable Centering Spring: yes
- Centering Spring Strenght: 0%

Pedals
Combined: no

Then adjust ffb strength in LFS to something that works for you.
Umm im a bit freaked out right now cause my wheel just turned to the left all by itself and when i turn it back to the centre with my hands and let it go it just goes back to the left again...

Whats that supose to mean???
Could anyone help cause im really freaking out right now!
Try to recalibrate
Meaning?
The wheel's strength will change when you have LFS focused and when you don't, this is normal. If the wheel is turning left in LFS, click the 're-calibrate axes' button in Controls > FFB / Axes.
no the momo wheel turns left everytime it is switched on.. when pc turns on it just goes to left by itself... not in lfs.. the momo wheel.
lol i thought something wrong happened with the wheel but when i pressed the recalibrate button in lfs it works fine again... thank you guys thanks you thank you thank you.

But could u explain more why this happens?
When you start your computer whenever your wheels gets power it will recalibreate itself. That's normal
Thank you for the info, but when i recalibreated it on lfs the handling in LFS is more sharp, not like before.
Also you can adjust smoothness of steering in Options. If i'm not wrong then Options>Misc in LFS.
Yes i know well i will just have to suit mysself and get used to this handling i have now.
Quote from PioneerLv :Also you can adjust smoothness of steering in Options. If i'm not wrong then Options>Misc in LFS.

No, dont do that. That is analouge smooth. That's only meant for joypads.
Dop, sorry, me fail. :doh:
nice to see you're on your way!
have fun "re-learning" to drive.
It'll sure take some time. Don't try too hard, though. Switching to a wheel takes some time to get the feel right.
Also make sure to try full-linear steering ( there is an option in the driver's / control called ""Wheel turn compensation")
Try to deactivate any sort of this input-modulation. I started using a wheel with this setting ON because I blindly copied some recommended settings and didn't think about it for myself.
Chances are - seeing you have been using mouse-steer for some time- you never used that option, anyway. In that case don't bother.

But if you had that ON, you might want to test it out:
When I eventually changed that to 'completely OFF' (I think a value of 0.0 did the trick) I was catching the counter-steer so much easier than before. A linear steering really does help there!

On the downside it means a very direct (thus sharp) steering around center though. In my opinion you couldn't care less except when cruising at walking-pace.
Others say it is due to personal preference, though

Happy racing
&
don't slam you wheel against the wall if the fast times still take a few more laps to come by!

Cheers

Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG