The online racing simulator
Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
Logitech MOMO
Well i didnt convince my mom to support me to get the G25 so im going to have to buy the Logitech MOMO racing wheel tommorow still excited.

i just want to make sure im buying a good product and if it will suit me untill next autumn or maybe earlier. what problems people encouter most with this racing wheel etc.

Just give proper information how it works with LFS, FFB etc. Minuses and pluses.

Thank you
oh yes, it's good(for max 2 years.
The FFB is OK, quality is kinda crap tho.

plusses: Cheap
minus:logitech, plastic,bad quality.

This is a short version of it
Quote from Bose321 :oh yes, it's good(for max 2 years.
The FFB is OK, quality is kinda crap tho.

plusses: Cheap
minus:logitech, plastic,bad quality.

This is a short version of it

It's a good wheel and I dont understand why you used your own opinion about it?

I think that the wheel scores a 8/10 and also this is the second best wheel that logitech ever made.

I don't know why you replied at all. Why did you login on lfsforum? Why did you bought internet? why are you alive?
I've had a black MOMO for a couple of years:
- the force feedback isn't bad, it just isn't 'great'
- the shifter is a bit flimsy, avoid using a lot of force when shifting or a small plastic stick holding the spring will break
- if you do break it like above, you can open the wheel up and take the one from the other side
- the pedal pots will eventually become more and more inaccurate; you can clean them, but once they start going, your best bet is to keep adjusting the axes with DXTweak2
- it's plasticky, sweat clings to it, but it's not a bad wheel as such
What you mean by quality is crap? That the whole built is crap or...?
If the quality is bad that means it can break very quickly if you force the wheel to turn more anywho there will be a 24 month warranty if it breaks they will fix it

And isnt Logitech supose to build quality stuff not bad?

P.S. what about the pedals? Do they fuctionate well after long use?
I would not say the quality is crap. After a year or so of yanking it back and forth the plastic case creaks a little. That's all. FFB is decent in my experience (never tried g25/frex/etc.) Never had any calibration issues or anything like that. Pedals are plastic but hey, for <$100 you can't do much better.

Edit: My pedals are still working fine after a year or so.
yeah well it will be a good buy i guess for the amount of money.
i had a chance to play with the momo couple of years back and i remember it turns pretty hard, more harder than g25 so isnt it a little bit exhausting to race with it?

Quote :the pedal pots will eventually become more and more inaccurate; you can clean them, but once they start going, your best bet is to keep adjusting the axes with DXTweak2

could u give me more info about it what is DXTweak2?
Quote from spenceris :yeah well it will be a good buy i guess for the amount of money.
i had a chance to play with the momo couple of years back and i remember it turns pretty hard, more harder than g25 so isnt it a little bit exhausting to race with it?

You can set it to be as hard to turn as you like.

Quote :
could u give me more info about it what is DXTweak2?

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

It just allows you to adjust axis properties, so you can effectively remove the edges of the pedal travel where spiking is likely to occur.
So can you set the momo to turn like a little bit easier? cause i remember after racing for like an hour of racing my arms almost fell off.
Quote from spenceris :So can you set the momo to turn like a little bit easier? cause i remember after racing for like an hour of racing my arms almost fell off.

Yes you can.

It's a good wheel no Great for driving. It's only a bit too large
What you mean no good for driving?
And the wheel isnt too large i think its almost the same size as in single seater vehicles.

im just feeling sad when you guys find disadvantages in a thing i want to buy, but thank you for your honest answers, your really helping me. Thanks.
Ohh almost forgot to ask :

can you do the heel and toe downshifting thing with the momo racing pedals?
btw. I edited my post in the other thread.

about heel&toe:

that is a techniqe on manual road-cars (with h-shifter and clutch) where your left foot is occupied by the clutch-pedal. It is the technical term of down-shifting while braking. The right foot is then used for braking (as in a normal car) while simultaneously blipping the throttle with its heel for a split-second just before releasing the clutch and letting the gear "come". It is used to match the higher revs of the engine with the lower gear when downshifting.
If you don't do so you're clutch will not live long in a manual car.

On single-seaters you usually use right foot for gas and left foot for braking - as in a cart. Just that on "grown-up" racers you don't just have a rear-brake to trigger
So the botom line is i cant use the heel & toe technique on the momo racing pedals?

P.S. about FFB : i was reading some articles, threads, posts etc that people are having
problems with wheel force feedbacks, wouldnt it be better to use a minimum feedback percentage to prevent from various force feedback problems?
Quote from spenceris :Ohh almost forgot to ask :

can you do the heel and toe downshifting thing with the momo racing pedals?

Heel & toe means your left foot is on the clutch, right on the brake and throttle. MOMO has only 2 pedals, so h&t is not required. You could do it, but there is no advantage, not even immersion.

You'll drive all cars with your left foot on the brake, not clutch.

edit: you can kind of do it by only driving with your right foot, but why would you want to do that :\
Bottom line: "no"
Reason:
It doesn't come with a clutch pedal nor with an h-shifter
so you will have to stick to auto-clutch. And with that not using your left foot on the brake is rather absurd.

BTW. When competing online I hardly use h-shifter&clutch although I could with the G25. It's just not fast enough compared to the insanely fast aut-clutch.
Let alone the single-seaters that usually have an auto-clutch built in in RL, as well
Quote from DrBen :you will have to stick to auto-clutch

Well, that's not entirely true
When using a manual gear shifting on the FBM you can to let off the throttle while shifting and does it work the same on other single seaters as well?

And i think ill use auto clutch though, or maybe just select one of the 6 buttons for a clutch. Dont know.
auto-clutch means that an electric motor operates the clutch and the gearbox when asked for a gear. You will still have to lilft the throttle or blib it to match revs.

Auto-clutch != (IS NOT) automatic transmission.
i understand that. when i use auto gear on fbm its not neccesary to lift off the throttle button, but if i use manual gearing i have to lift off the throttle. simple as that.
Quote :i understand that. when i use auto gear on fbm its not neccesary to lift off the throttle button, but if i use manual gearing i have to lift off the throttle. simple as that.

For the FBM that is exactly right - that car has an electronic "switch" connected to the throttle that will prevent shifting with more than 2/3rds of applied power - and that is one of the reasons I do not like it that much when using mouse. Still I consider this a good way of having beginners not ruin their racing-rig right-away. After all this is a feature of the real car after which the fbm is modelled.

But there are cars in lfs that you can abuse with wrong shifting. And then the clutch will fry and your speed decline. Even Auto-clutch will not help you there when neglecting the the right use of the throttle. But then again: no freaking switch there, so it depends on the driver to match revs accurately - an that is much more rewarding & fun than semi-automatic harnesses in my believe.
yeah exactly. do other single seater race cars have the same shifting and throttle lift off as FBM?
well I meant good and after that I corrected with no its Great!
Ahh ok then. Well im going to write when i get the wheel tommorow now im going to bed. Night
I guess the 2 semi-auto GTRs have it as well. I usually drive the FZR (manual bg). I know that the F08 and the BF1 (two big SS) do not interfer in the same way. The Fox (mid-level SS) neither. But the MRT is equiped with a switch as well.
But don't worry: with analogue gas&brake that will be solved after about 5 minutes of getting used to it.

Sweet dreams:auto:

DrBen

Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG