The online racing simulator
Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
well my mom screwed me up and shes not going to buy me the momo wheel today.. and i freakin hate her for that. maybe tommorow maybe.......
Well hope you go happy with the momo, i have one too, really good wheel (never tested a G25 or DFP btw), but is very good, dont take care of the people that says "its a mid-performance wheel", when you got it, it will be very hard that you turn off the PC .

For the pedals and DXtweak2, well if you are carefull with they, i think they will last for ever, same with the wheel and FFB, just take care of they, remember that an IRL car is made of metal, the momo is plastic (btw is a hard plastic) but as normal plastic stuff do, if you use it very hard, it will break, just take care of it, clean it every day, dont use a very hard FFB (in the profiler set it in 104%, but in LFS in 35%, i use it like that and never noticied any issue) and dont turn it very fast, especially when Drifting, and it will be with you all the time you want.

PD: and yes, with the FBM, if you are using manual shifting, you will need to cut the gas a little to shift, same for downshift.

Adolfo Herrera.
Dont know if ill use it for drifting, just actual racing
happy with good feedback mabe ill convince muy mom to go and get the wheel in todays evening... still have one hour till shops close
Well it can be used in normal drifting (i mean, in a skid pad, or drifting at low speeds, i drift on it only sometimes only btw).

A TIP: when you get it, don´t install the CD drivers, look in the Logitech site for the new ones, v5.02 ones, the CD includes the old v4.40 ones, they aren´t bad, but you could get some issues with those ones.

PD: you can tell your mom that you will go to a friend´s house, take the wheel money and go on a cab, if you really want it for now xDDDDDDD.

Adolfo Herrera.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :It's a good wheel and I dont understand why you used your own opinion about it?

I think that the wheel scores a 8/10 and also this is the second best wheel that logitech ever made.

I don't know why you replied at all. Why did you login on lfsforum? Why did you bought internet? why are you alive?

... What the... it's isn't my opinion, it's a FACT that these wheels don't last long! Don't try to be funny dude.
Quote from Bose321 :... What the... it's isn't my opinion, it's a FACT that these wheels don't last long! Don't try to be funny dude.

Mine's lasted for like 3 years
Well imo, it depends how you will use the wheel, if you will use it more carefully it will last longer. And im just going to use it untill summer or till the middle of the summer. my mom said shell guarantee well go and get thr wheel tommorow. So happy day
Hi spenceris,
I'm interested to know roughly how long (driving time) it takes you to get back to speed with the wheel. Could you share this information here?

I bought a G25 some weeks ago but don't have much free time for LFS (age brings more money and less time to use it...) and am still 05-1.5s per minute slower than I was with mouse.
On the other hand I don't see how I would get back to mousing, too much fun loss.
Enjoy!
Yes well im getting the wheel still today so i cant really tell you.
Its all about the driver and how dedicated he is etc.. my pb in BL1 with FBM is 1.13.74 (could do faster) with mouse so it took me about a month to reach it. I think i will get there with a wheel faster just because i know where to turn and aprox where to brake etc. we'll see ill keep you guys informed.

Quote :Mine's lasted for like 3 years

Well thats amazing... did anything change after 3 years of use, smth with pedals the wheel itself?
Im still going to need the wheel till summer than im getting the g25.
Quote from spenceris :Im still going to need the wheel till summer than im getting the g25.

It will last until next summer easily. They last years if treated well.
(no losing your rag and hitting it when you cant get a 1.12 :razz

I still use a 5 year old MSFF wheel. It doesn't seem to have done me any harm.
Look after your wheel and it will look after you
i wont hit the wheel ofcourse cause it will be a whole new experience for me to learn rcing with the wheel cant wait.
#38 - Gunn
I have a few of the Momo wheels and they are about four and five years old respectively. Very good product, better quality build and more solid than a DFP (and a bigger diameter wheel), despite not enjoying full rotational capabilities nad not having a clutch. The original release pedals were flawed but these days you can get the Momo with Revision II pedals AFAIK. At least Logitech will replace the pedals with the new version if your pedals fail.

Like any analogue game controller - treat it with care, don't let your friends or siblings use it, and it should have a reasonable life span.

I use a G25 now, but I'd recommend the Momo any day, especially if you have a tight budget. I found LFS to be really enjoyable with a Momo, I was using a non FFB wheel prior to getting a Momo.
yes im thinking not using the FFB with the wheel for preventing any damages or failures of the wheel. Thanks for the feedback ^^
Use the FFB, it won't damage the wheel. If it does, which it won't, it'll be under warranty :\
As is aid ive heard people having problems with the ffb.
#42 - Gunn
Quote from spenceris :As is aid ive heard people having problems with the ffb.

The Momo has no issues with FFB as afar as I am concerned. If it can handle RBR it can handle anything. Just don't use it as a soccer ball and it should serve you well.

You MUST use FFB in LFS. LFS without FFB is a different game altogether. Once you have played LFS with FFB you will never play it any other way.
Ok ill see cant wait to go to the shop :yipee:
Quote from spenceris :As is aid ive heard people having problems with the ffb.

Maybe if you have LFS strength at 100% and profiler at 150% you might hurt your hands when it snaps, but it's not going to break in normal use.
Well to my surprise my mom screwed me up again and were not going to get the wheel today AGAIN!!
Patience..
i just cant stand it anymore... shes coming back from work and shes pretending to be tired i mean c'mon... she said were going to get it tommorow.. and i said to her today is tommorow so..
Quote from spenceris :pretending to be tired i mean c'mon...

Sorry, what's your job again? False assumption is false
Quote from Takumi_lfs :

I think that the wheel scores a 8/10 and also this is the second best wheel that logitech ever made.

Nope :nol2:, the momo red is the second best wheel logitech ever made.
Quote from spenceris :Well to my surprise my mom screwed me up again and were not going to get the wheel today AGAIN!!

So you've been promised a wheel but your mom keeps making excuses about buying it right now. It might just have something to do with an upcoming event that happens every year in December .

Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG