The online racing simulator
Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
Quote from spenceris :i just cant stand it anymore... shes coming back from work and shes pretending to be tired i mean c'mon... she said were going to get it tommorow.. and i said to her today is tommorow so..

Patience. She's only human, you know?

Quote :Im talking about my mom here

Well if that's going on for a couple of days you might just be a little nice to her & maybe point out that an S2 license would really make you happy putting the new wheel to some good use.
Alternatively RBR is like 5€ nowadays. Doesn't feature no single-seaters but surely hast a very rewarding driving-school and nice tracks&graphics! Works well with the Momo-black, as well.

Good luck!
Well she said were going to get the wheel today when she will get back from work and she was "serious" again i hope well get it today cause i cant wait to try it and race.

S2 wont be a problem to get.
ok so were going to the shop right now.. will post again when ill be back with the wheel. Cheers!!
Good luck!
My MOMO has three years now and I'm not using it because I switched to a G25, but it still works quite good.
Ok im back now with the wheel and im unpacking it right now... im drooling
too bad it isnt a g25
Hehe, don't go breaking a leg now
Ok ive set the wheel up installed logitech profiler and when i did the registration part out of the cd, completed the setup the wheel started turning freakin hard! what should i do?
Oh when i launch LFS everythings fine with the wheel
Just that i have two clicks when i shift up and shift down instead of one ( or it has to be two clicks?)

And the other thing i dont know how to setup the pedals and the shifter to work in lfs
Quote from spenceris :Oh when i launch LFS everythings fine with the wheel
Just that i have two clicks when i shift up and shift down instead of one ( or it has to be two clicks?)

And the other thing i dont know how to setup the pedals and the shifter to work in lfs

For the pedals - look in options, controller, there you should find an "axes" button, where you can set the pedal axes.
You should first uncheck the combined pedals option in the profiler, under "global settings" or similar.
Ok i fixed the pedal problem. Now for the wheel again and the shifter / sequential.

My wheel is positioned in the centre but the virtual wheel is off to the right a bit. heres the screenshot :

What should i do to make the red thing in the centre?
ok solved the problem... cause my force was 0 on lfs now it works fine.
I did a few laps with the wheel and its freakin hard ^^
Once you start getting better you won't want to go back to kb/mouse, ever!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Once you start getting better you won't want to go back to kb/mouse, ever!

Yes.
I tried keyboard / mouse once or twice and found it awful, as I was already driving with a wheel for some time.
Cool! annother MOMO User! , really good for you.

Well i don´t know if you want this, but deserves a try: you know that in a real car, the brake will start working when you push it to that "hard" point, i mean, when you fell that the brake pedal make a ressistance, well in LFS you can see that it brakes the car only with a very little bit of the brake pedal, and that´s before that ressistance point, if you want set pedal´s dead zone to 0.60 (in LFS, of course), so you can make it work like a real car, i use it like this, and is easier when you need to take control with the ammount of gas or brake, to make a more precise racing.

Is a Tip, do it if you want, and no worry about, it won´t change anything with your pedals, just turn the dead zone to 0.00 again and it will be normal, again .

PD: A little humour here, ¿are you feeling the "hard to turn off the PC" effect now?.

Adolfo Herrera.
Umm i was racing a bit and i didnt see how time flew by with all the exciment

just another thing... theres the thing with what u have to connect the wheel with the table and if i screw it to the table that it would hold it 100% i have some wheel turning resistance... if i let the wheel loose off the table the wheel shows no resistance at all while turning... it really f***s up the counter steering for me...
Quote from ADOLF1612 :
Well i don´t know if you want this, but deserves a try: you know that in a real car, the brake will start working when you push it to that "hard" point, i mean, when you fell that the brake pedal make a ressistance, well in LFS you can see that it brakes the car only with a very little bit of the brake pedal, and that´s before that ressistance point, if you want set pedal´s dead zone to 0.60 (in LFS, of course), so you can make it work like a real car,

You can try the 'squash ball mod', where you put half of a squash ball under the brake spring to make it feel pressure progressive
http://www.lugnutsracing.com/files/pedals.pdf
Dont got exactly what you mean, are you talking about the Clamping system? is the wheel moving around all the table? or is a game-related?

NotAnIllusion: that looks good!

Adolfo Herrera.
Thats the thing im talking about.
When i turn it up hard to the table that it would hold the wheel very good im having hard time turning the wheel, it gives resistance but if i let it loose the wheel turns like butter. in real life not in game
Try to change the lock at 540. I know that the wheel doesnt have that much lock but you can always counter steer faster. I also am using it on 540 instead of 270.

Anyway, I'm very happy for you. I know when I first got my wheel..
There is some confusion here because the screw clamps have no effect on the rotation of the wheel, unless the table is preventing the wheel from turning. In other words, try explaining the problem in different words and a more detailed description
i think i have a camera ill make a vid tommorow if i do... im not using ffb at all cause its ridiculous turning the wheel if i tighten up the wheel pretty good. and its not the tables fault.
the bad news is im getting frustrated again cause i cant complete a normal full lap damnit im spinning out in all of the corners everywhere.
i used to have the red momo wheel which is pretty much similar to yours. i opened it a few times to change potentiometers and ball bearings and one of those times i didn't tighten one of the bottom screws well enough -> the clamps made the wheel kinda twist just a bit so it resulted in additional resistance on the wheel. hard to believe a new wheel would suffer from this but hey, it's worth checking out!
In 2 years period i've opened my wheel 7 times to fix it and 4 times to fix my pedals.

The wheel:
1.My wheel lost the center. But i fixed it with wingman software.
2.One of the wheel red buttons got stuck suddenly.
3.All wheel panel started doing cracking sounds.
4.Now wheel feels unstable. No it doesn't feels but it is! Wheel axis have huge backlash on all sides. Also steering wheel have his own life away from wheel axis. It is like it wouldn't be screwed.
5. Shifter is doing double click sounds when shifting down. And it was already from buying moment.
6. Motor is doing howl or electric screaming sounds when i turn it left, sounds like motor screams. Turning to right side is ok.

Pedals:
1. Gas pedal have backlash.
2. Gas pedal have pointer detecting errors, it can't understand on what position is my pedal it starts jumping.
3. Brake pedal have backlash, and the same thing with pointers as on gas pedal. Also big black spring hits the support plastic panel on each pedal press.

The problems of Wheel - 1. and 5. i fixed. And all problems with pedals i've fixed too. But they came again and plus these remaining problems what i wasn't figured out - 2. 3. 4. 6. of wheel.

But after all these fixes, my MOMO works much better than it was new.
It feels complete, solid and concrete.

Logitech MOMO
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG