The online racing simulator
After viewing a replay and pressing r then f3(or some combination of those) I was able to drive around in the demo with the lcd screen on. When I could see my times and gear+rpm it was actually playable. Altho I still prefer LFS greatly.
The thing I don't understand is how some people say a sim shouldnt have screens like in LFS that show current tire temp or tire forces graphically, sure it's not the same as real life, but in real life I'm not looking through a small square piece of glass with two speakers next to me and sitting in an inertial dampening field. The extra graphical info helps fill me in on all the info I am missing out on by playing a computer game instead of doing the real thing.

Quote from Rob76 :(what's the vibration through corners?)

I was wondering the same thing.
I stalled it on pole
Quote from Ryanry64 :I stalled it on pole

OMFG N00BERT

Sorry to post here, but does anybody know how exactly you set up
a multiplayer server on the old 0.9.9. Namie ?

I would appreciate it, since it's still quite playable game and lot's of tracks.

I u know please post or pm me
Quote from Rob76 :(what's the vibration through corners?)

Apparantley it is felt in reality and rather bizarely was the first thing my Dad commented on and said that it felt just like his single seater with less grip (his is winged).

Anyone know why the engines rev so lowly the rev limiter in the 1800 is set at 6500 does anyone know how to move it we push our Zetecs way beyond that and they take it happilly.
Soo...
Quote from ajp71 :Apparantley it is felt in reality and rather bizarely was the first thing my Dad commented on and said that it felt just like his single seater with less grip (his is winged).

Anyone know why the engines rev so lowly the rev limiter in the 1800 is set at 6500 does anyone know how to move it we push our Zetecs way beyond that and they take it happilly.

if you look in the car settings, i think you can adjust the rev limit. also you can adjust at what revs what lights show up

yeah flatspots cause very bad vibrations. i remember in a few f1 races it was so bad the driver had to go right into the pits after braking a bit hard into a corner.
I dont know if you can change the actual rev limit, but there is an AIM setup screen in the windows gui (but not in the game gui) that lets you set when the lights come on and stuff. Maybe you can set the limiter there.
Vibrations through a corner is indeed the first unusual thing I noticed, and I think that is what Stefano was describing few months ago about car driving directly on the track's poligons. Tracks aren't smoothed on purpose (physics engine handles bumps nicely so its been said) but driving on a track made up of little flat sections... hmm cetranly feels weird.
TBH, I think the FF in Netkar shows how clinical and clean (read unrealistic) the FF in LFS really is.

Going from Netkar to LFS last night I was shocked at how smooth and constant the FF was, with Netkar you can feel a heck of a lot more.

Still can't get the friggin multiplayer side of it to work though, piece of junk.....

Dan,
Weird, I found the feedback to be a bit naff. There was little feel to it, under/oversteering was difficult to detect. Feedback from flatspotted tires, curbs, rumbling etc was very good, better than LFS IMO but not the actual clean driving feedback. The moment I went back to LFS I realised how dull the FFB was in NKP and found LFS' FFB quite good except for the lack of rumblings and all that stuff. Could be just my FFB settings though.
I'm only on demo and enjoying it quite alot!!
Any one know if you can force in car view during the replay?
I only get a view from above the guys helmet.
Hmm dunno, I was wondering about that too but didn't find a way :-\
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Hmm dunno, I was wondering about that too but didn't find a way :-\

Is it a demo thing?
Quote from mrfell :Is it a demo thing?

no, i haven't been able to figure out how to get in the cockpit during a replay either. i've got the full version.
Quote from felplacerad :no, i haven't been able to figure out how to get in the cockpit during a replay either. i've got the full version.

I don't think you can. IIRC, kunos had been saying that you can't get a camera view like what the driver is seeing from his eyes because it's not possible in real life. Taking "realism" a bit too far imo.

*edit* 300th post \o/
Quote from Matrixi :I don't think you can. IIRC, kunos had been saying that you can't get a camera view like what the driver is seeing from his eyes because it's not possible in real life. Taking "realism" a bit too far imo.

*edit* 300th post \o/

PITY, i'd downloaded someones replay and was hoping to see speed and gears for cornering etc!!!
Quote from Ryanry64 :I stalled it on pole

Leaving your poor team mate to ram up the rear of you

Keiran
Quick question, in the "Driver" secion of the nK UI (before you start a session), there is a section for a Team, how dya put a team name in there?

Started badly with nKp, but its growing on me very quickly, just need a new GFx card soon!
Not sure if i should post this but i'm running DEMO at the moment and just (out of curiosity) downloaded and played someones replay of 1600 on another track............

and guess what
ermmm track unlocks in demo mode?? edit* or the replay worked, which it would as demo really is the full game just some content is locked
Quote from Madman_CZ :ermmm track unlocks in demo mode??

interesting quite a serious bug... more people should test this and email kunos!!!
I think it's been done earlier on when kidcodea and myself were posting about how all the cars and tracks are accessible for demo users thru replays with no hacks, cracks or workarounds. Didn't send any mails myself though. Maybe I should
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I think it's been done earlier on when kidcodea and myself were posting about how all the cars and tracks are accessible for demo users thru replays with no hacks, cracks or workarounds. Didn't send any mails myself though. Maybe I should

did you manage any other cars?

edit

as I havent found any replays in the bigger cars

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG