The online racing simulator
so whats your hobby besides playing games?
(100 posts, started )
#26 - Migz
I tend to:
  • Design games
  • Design games and give up because its just me doing it
  • Design games and give up because i cant find the correct graphics to use.
  • Design games and give up because i have no creativity.
  • Design a game, leave it, come back a month later for a week, leave it, come back a month later for a week, leave it. Ect ect.
  • Photoshop shit
  • Go out and take photomagraphs
  • Play cod 4&5
  • Play GTA IV
  • Not play lfs yet keep coming on these forums (hmm strange)
  • Go out with my friends
  • Go to the cinema
  • Attempt to flirt with the girl i like and FAIL.
  • Watch tv
  • Listen to lots of loud musics
  • Trying to do anything creative
  • Go swimming
Tadum, theres more but i cant really remember them
I'm not a very good photographer, but you can see some of my "other" fairly newly acquired hobby in this thread: LFSForum Camera Showoff.
Depends on the day.

Mon - Indoor Fives with the mates (stay in goals for 30 mins, not because I'm good, but because I'm a lazy bar-steward. Then drink beer.

Tues - Normally catch up on the work I didn't do because I was limping about in work, that and also because I'm most likely to be suffering. If Champions League is on, pub and beer.

Wed - Catch up on work, again for above reason....again Pub if Football is on.

Thur - WORK!!!!!!, and if European football on.......pub

Fri - Take Work home, but ignore it.....pub is calling

Sat - If County are at home, then off to Dingwall (via some pubs) to meet up with my fellow Staggies (in a pub) watch game.....get pissed off....pub.....chat up bird......slap in face......home with the only thing that will take me, a Donner Kebab

Sun - Train with the Highland Wildcats in American Football....get hurt and occasionally have to fill in the hole that I got pummeled into..... then Pub

I think looking back I may need to address a certain comon factor through my week....

......must stop taking work back with me, it's messing with the pub time.
Quote from lerts :myself im odd i dedicate my time on trolin sam forums

Fixed.
Quote from tristancliffe :Is this essentially just a way of starting yet another thread about your stupid, impossible pendulums, but trying to avoid having it locked as a Lerts Spam thread?

Myself, not much. Come home, do some homework and a bit of studying, then play around on PC. Programming, pr0n, gaming, whatever. Especially in winter, now that it's dark when I come home from school Although I do take my dog for a walk if I come home early
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
Myself, not much. Come home, do some homework and a bit of studying, then play around on PC. Programming, pr0n, gaming, whatever. Especially in winter, now that it's dark when I come home from school Although I do take my dog for a walk if I come home early

this is what i do: Come home, not doing homework and no studying, then go on the pc. Gaming, pr0n, whatever. And i dont have a dog (yet).
Photoshop cycling and drawing

Oh and one al off u know about aparrently
i eat
sleep
get drunk
go out with GF
go out with friends

Next day
eat
sleep
get drunk
go out with Gf
go out with friends

Next day
eat
sleep
get drunk
go out with Gf
stay at Gfs
GEt in trouble for being drunk
Go out with friends

Next day

Sleep
sleep
work
eat
sleep

Next day
Eat
sleep
Go to Gfs
Get drunk
Stay over
Go out
and not get in trouble for being drunk
Quote from G!NhO :this is what i do: Come home, not doing homework and no studying, then go on the pc. Gaming, pr0n, whatever. And i dont have a dog (yet).

join the club except I have 2 dogs
I usually play guitar if I'm not on the computer. Recently joined a black metall band and at the moment we play Children of Bodom, In Flames and Dimmu Borgir covers.
Played guitar for 6 years, but never practiced that much, wish I did because I'm not great at it :/
Raving
Working on/Modifying cars. (Brothers at the moment..dont have my own)
Quote from thisnameistaken :In my spare time I:

Drink too much
Buy effects pedals on eBay and elsewhere (after the drinking too much)
Make laser noises (with the aforementioned effects pedals)
Upset my neighbours (using the effects pedals)
Rehearse with my band (the only people I've met who like the effects pedals)
Sell the effects pedals

I keep meaning to do useful stuff like writing songs but if I did that, I might miss a really good deal on an effect pedal I don't need.

Current sonic weaponry (except the green fuzz in the bottom-left, that's been replaced by a Woolly Mammoth). The Korg synth's probably going next, a tap tremolo coming in and a couple of analogue delays. And maybe a Moog FreqBox.

Great stuff
I play guitar and i just bought my line 6 toneport some days ago
I wish i had some money to buy some nice pedals and a nice amp In some months i hope to earn job money and then oh boy oh boy!! xD
Mainly oudoors enjoying the fantastic natural resources we have in our country. Bouldering, rock and winter climbing:

http://www.ukc2.com/forums/profile.php?id=6147

Spend a lot of my holidays in Fontainebleau and Chamonix or wandering about the Highlands with a tent.
#39 - Osco
work on my car and go to trackdays, a little gaming, going out, football, golf and some more random alcohol-involved activities
I used to collect a lot of underground and rare music, but these days I just go online and get it P2P like everybody else.

I do play a lot of computer games, mostly to see what people are making these days, I don't think of myself as target audience for most games being made but I do appreciate the craft and time that goes into them, and I still have more fun with games than with reading or watching movies, usually.

I'm really starting to get into 3D, I think it's brilliant. Wish I was doing this stuff 10 years ago but nevermind.

I also have a girlfriend of four years now. She keeps me out of trouble.
#41 - Osco
you realise the GF part seems a bit dodgy he :hide:
I abuse my street by DJing loud, banging dance music.

Or by producing said banging dance music.

Been learning to play the guitar over the last 6 or so weeks.

I've also fallen into the world of cooking. Don't know why, but I'm enjoying it more and more as I get older. Although my former rave-sculpted () body thinks it's a bad idea. A nice homemade curry with all the trimmings (Mmmm, dhaal!) really beats a Pot Noodle

And of course the usual, harrassing people on MSN/Facebook/other forums, watching the telly, tinnies of grog blah blah blah.
Yeah, I don't know why I wrote that actually I think I confused the hobby thing with just generally telling about myself Not feeling too with it tonight.
#44 - Osco
I meant the 'of four years' bit
unless you're the age of 4-6, which would make it allright I guess
Oh. Haha. I won't change it. Might lend me a bit of mystique.

Or perhaps not.
Not playing games.
Quote from tiagolapa :Great stuff
I play guitar and i just bought my line 6 toneport some days ago
I wish i had some money to buy some nice pedals and a nice amp In some months i hope to earn job money and then oh boy oh boy!! xD

I always had pretty crappy gear when I was younger and it never held me back - don't worry about it. So long as your guitar is enjoyable to play and you have enough volume to match a drummer, you're fine.

In terms of effects, the only things that I think absolutely must be analogue are fuzzes, overdrives, filters and octavers. Digital modulation effects (chorus, flange, phase shifting, delay, tremolo, etc.) usually sound fine plus you get useful features like tap tempo, memory settings and so on.

Analogue delays are nice to have for noise purposes, but digital delays are way more practical, and you can mimick the effect of analogue signal degradation by sticking the delay in a feedback loop with an EQ pedal or a wah or a filter or something. Actually the Line 6 delay stomp boxes (DL-4 and the smaller Echo Park) have pretty good 'bucket brigade' modelling. They're good enough for live work certainly.
My new mental image of Kev.
Quote from Becky Rose :My new mental image of Kev.

Well, I play bass but it's not far off. I used to practice diligently but eventually got wise and realised I can just buy talent in a box instead.

Ultimately I'm hoping to have enough pedals so I can give my bass to someone else and pay them minimum wage to be me, while I spend the whole gig at the bar.
Photoshop, going to the gym and Martial Arts. A few others but they aren't really important

so whats your hobby besides playing games?
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG