The online racing simulator
BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
Quote from robt :is it really safe to have coulthard and eddie jordan as pundits saying what they think?

At least it will be a darn sight more interesting than Blundull ever was in a similar role.

I think they've appointed well. Kept the best of ITV and listened to the public.

I really hope they use "The Chain" as the intro music, they HAVE to!
Quote from sinbad :At least, at the end of the day, it was be a darn sight more interesting than what Blundull ever was in a role of that nature.

Fixed.

+9999999 to The Chain
No point making different posts for here and 10 10ths

Jake Humphrey: He was the probable one but he is the sensible choice. Did a great job of the NFL Wembley game. His "anti-fan club" have appeared on the BBC's discussion thing. I can't think of a better choice.

Jonathan Legard: Unsure.

Martin Brundle: The only option.

David Couthard: Knows his stuff, recent experience. Should be able to wangle a ride in an RBR car too. Should act as the off button for EJ.

Eddie Jordan: He could be considered as an alternative to Max, but a former team owner's perspective should be useful. Bit of a motormouth.

Lee McKenzie: Can't really think of anyone better.

Ted Kravitz: Got keys to the right doors from ITV, very shrewd thinking - one thing that stuck out was asking the FIA if they Safety Car had enough fuel to go a whole race distance at Fuji when it looked like a possible!

Murray Walker: Good to have him as an online contributer. Should be interesting reading.

Adam Parsons: He's there for BBC News basically.

A source on another forum says that some European races (the big ones like Britain and Monaco) will be in HD.

Please could we have Jonathon Green and Bruce Jouanny for the support events?

I don't know what they do for the studio, but is it SPEED that get the broadcast team on deckchairs on in the paddock or something? That would be a good thing to have for F1
they have Max as a special guest but he's in the BBC dungeon!!!
A somewhat unispiring team... !

Some may disagree but the Americans are MUCH MUCH at putting together coverage packages.

NasCar can be stupidly dull but the yank enthusiasm always makes it interesting. the same with American football. inherently repetitive yet they do a fantastic job.

This team SCREAMS of the BBC... just like the AWFUL MotoGP coverage dull dull dull

and the re-worked version of The Chain (which they will go with) will be pretty awful too!
If they don't go with the proper version of The Chain then Points of View will be flooded with complaints, and they will be forced to change it. It would get a similar reaction to the reworked Match of the Day theme tune. Remember that the BBC are weak at the moment, they have to justify the license fee due to recent failures, so any significant complaints and they will have to change it.

Oh and you can't expect British people to compete with Americans at commentary, the only British man able to get excited for no reason and make it sound genuine was Murray Walker.
I wonder if they'll try to make Brundle go to the Hungarian GP this year? It is an event that he has avoided for a number of years now.
Possibly slightly off topic but does anyone know what is happening to the GP2 coverage? Does the Beeb get that as well or will it remain with ITV2?

Personally i would prefer to see it back with eurosport
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I wonder if they'll try to make Brundle go to the Hungarian GP this year? It is an event that he has avoided for a number of years now.

IIRC he always missed one race a season due to his racing commitments, GT or somesuch. For some reason I thought it was normally Canada though
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :Possibly slightly off topic but does anyone know what is happening to the GP2 coverage? Does the Beeb get that as well or will it remain with ITV2?

Personally i would prefer to see it back with eurosport

It appears to be going to the BBC too, probably on the red button. Supposedly the same with most other F1 support events.
Does anyone know on which BBC this will be aired?

Only Beeb 1 and 2 are available in the Netherlands but this coverage sounds like a good alternative for the oversponsored show it has evolved into here.
I would think almost certainly BBC 1
For almost all races it will be BBC1. It may be shunted to BBC2 in order to accomodate one or two things like the London Marathon if the race were to clash. Free practice will be shown on the red button ... probably the same for supports, presuming they show them.
Sounds great
Sounds good especially the part about brundle Murray walker on the internet :O Hopefully sometimes they'll get him in the studio to have a chat and watch the race.
Quote from Intrepid :A somewhat unispiring team... !

Some may disagree but the Americans are MUCH MUCH at putting together coverage packages.

NasCar can be stupidly dull but the yank enthusiasm always makes it interesting. the same with American football. inherently repetitive yet they do a fantastic job.

This team SCREAMS of the BBC... just like the AWFUL MotoGP coverage dull dull dull

and the re-worked version of The Chain (which they will go with) will be pretty awful too!

MotoGP coverage dull? On the BBC moderately, Charlie Cox and Steve Parrish work well together but on Eurosport? Not at all.
Sounds pretty sweet that, cant wait for it now :P
Sound's really good. I seriously cannot wait to get to use there interactive forums Hopefully Murray will answer some of my questions
Sounds good apart from the presenters. It's motogp all over again

Hopefully Bernie will convince the BBC to also cover Formula Kart Stars which is planned to be supporting the European F1 Gps in 2010, and International races in 2011. bernie still has to find someone to broadcast the footage from this year
Quote from Intrepid :Hopefully Bernie will convince the BBC to also cover Formula Kart Stars which is planned to be supporting the European F1 Gps in 2010, and International races in 2011. bernie still has to find someone to broadcast the footage from this year

I heard something about this last week. I was at PFi last wednesday with the loughborough kart club for an event in their pro karts, apparantly Hamilton was promoting the series you mentioned, but left about 30 mins before we arrived though.

On Topic: The new broadcasting features sound awesome.
Quote from Intrepid :Sounds good apart from the presenters. It's motogp all over again

In what sense?

Jake Humphrey is an OK presenter, not perfect but would be better than Claire Balding or Sue Barker. Anyone apart from Carlton Kirby is an improvement on James Allen, supposedly David Croft didn't want it and Ben Edwards wasn't able to. Doesn't look like they considered Martin Haven though, but then again he doesn't like F1 that much.

Whilst a lot of people don't like Charlie Cox and Steve Parrish, they probably have a multi-year contract.

Quote :Hopefully Bernie will convince the BBC to also cover Formula Kart Stars which is planned to be supporting the European F1 Gps in 2010, and International races in 2011. bernie still has to find someone to broadcast the footage from this year

Hold your horses, GP2 needs to come first ...
It all sounds good to me.

love the idea of DC and EJ in the studio...and of course MB, best guy to listen to IMO.

oh, just for a laugh, ive included my intro for the programme.

dont expect too much...1 bass, a PC and 5 mins.
Attached files
F1 09.mp3 - 475.1 KB - 150 views
They haven't told us the most important factor......

....is The Chain back?

(It bloody better be....you hearing me BBC, otherwise me and some 'friends' are going march down to London village and beat you all in to within an inch of you're life's.......DON'T SCREW IT UP BY USING SODDING MOBY!!)

BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG