The online racing simulator
BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
#1 - garph
BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
Dunno how solid it is but Martin Brundle and Jonathan Legard commenting with David Coulthard and Jake Humphrey in the studio, no James Allen.....woooooo hooooooooo! Lee McKenzie taking over from the current pit lane muppets.

http://www.crash.net/motorspor ... entary_team_revealed.html
If that's true, well it's epic news.
#3 - Bean0
Lee McKenzie is a woman it seems, not bad on the eye either
Attached images
Lee air 3.JPG
Holy crapolla. I just did a search for Lee McKenzie on google, with the safe search turned off. Let's hope we get some of that action too
#5 - sam93
Quote from Bean0 :Lee McKenzie is a woman it seems, not bad on the eye either

She should keep us concentrated, on the racing lol
She can commentate on me anytime
Jake Humphrey??? ffs! He's an f'in kids presenter.

Can't say I am overly impressed with any of that team! SCREAMS of the BBC however. Martin brundle is denying he has got a deal yet, but he'll most likely sign.

Ben Edwards was my main candidate. No other commentator has such a wide knowledge, and experience of various motorsports.
Quote from garph :Dunno how solid it is but Martin Brundle and Jonathan Legard commenting with David Coulthard and Jake Humphrey in the studio, no James Allen.....woooooo hooooooooo! Lee McKenzie taking over from the current pit lane muppets.

http://www.crash.net/motorspor ... entary_team_revealed.html

Brundle - Hope he keeps his gridwalk.
Legard - There was no one else really
DC - Natural progression for him, but will he be able to keep the airways clean?
Humphrey - Come on, they could have done a lot better here. Adrian Charles for me personaly would be the better man
McKenzie - I will have to study her..... form much closely latter on, at home, with the door locked, and the lights dimmed....
Aw, shame they're not taking Ted Kravitz - he's ace.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :McKenzie - I will have to study her..... form much closely latter on, at home, with the door locked, and the lights dimmed....

According to that article, she's Bob McKenzie's daughter. You may have seen Bob McKenzie during Brundle's grid walk yesterday, he's the Daily Express hack who Brundle told to piss off and stop following him around all the time.
#11 - SamH
I'm not entirely convinced this is going to be the line-up. I get the impression that Louise Goodman is popular with the drivers and I've always been impressed by the way she pulls seemingly impossible interviews with the least likely drivers. I'd be surprised if JMM dropped the ball getting her a contract into the BBC. Unless they're getting Louise over at ESPN or something

More than that, though.. Coulthard? He's forever catching reporters out by deliberately swearing on live TV. It'd be fun for a while, but I dunno how long Coulthard could keep on the right side of the stiffs at the beeb.
The absence of James Allen makes me a very happy person.
Well I'm pretty happy about that, obviously an improvment commentry-wise . Jake Humphrey though? And on page 2 it mentions DC and him may be presenting from a studio in london for all the races, which I don't like the sound of. I'd rather have DC there talking to the drivers and stuff.
#14 - SamH
Quote from JamesF1 :The absence of James Allen makes me a very happy person.

God, me too. Looking at the claimed line-up, I don't see any overtly Hami-bumlicky presence. Most of this line-up is appealing.

Brundle has definitely not had an easy time this year on the grid walk, and if you compare the last few races with the first few he's definitely nowhere near as involved in the action now as he was at the start. At Singapore, I began to wonder if he was even going to TRY to speak to anyone, when he started off by talking about the lighting and the crowds when he'd normally be muscling in on the cars from the start.

He predicted that the FIA would deliberately try to make his job harder this year when they sent him that "cease and desist" for being a reporter. I suspect next year, he'll stay in the commentary box and someone else will do the grid walk. I hope the BBC has put its weight behind Brundle, actually. Not just hired him, but are as ready to lock horns on his behalf as they were with John Sweeney.
Quote from RossUK :Well I'm pretty happy about that, obviously an improvment commentry-wise . Jake Humphrey though? And on page 2 it mentions DC and him may be presenting from a studio in london for all the races, which I don't like the sound of. I'd rather have DC there talking to the drivers and stuff.

BBC cant afford to take their reporters to the races etc....
Quote from SamH :Brundle has definitely not had an easy time this year on the grid walk, and if you compare the last few races with the first few he's definitely nowhere near as involved in the action now as he was at the start. At Singapore, I began to wonder if he was even going to TRY to speak to anyone, when he started off by talking about the lighting and the crowds when he'd normally be muscling in on the cars from the start.

He predicted that the FIA would deliberately try to make his job harder this year when they sent him that "cease and desist" for being a reporter. I suspect next year, he'll stay in the commentary box and someone else will do the grid walk. I hope the BBC has put its weight behind Brundle, actually. Not just hired him, but are as ready to lock horns on his behalf as they were with John Sweeney.

I thought there was something strange about his grid-walks lately, too. Generally unable to speak to the movers and shakers like he used to, then Bernie shoved him in front of the prime minister in Singapore, and apparently in Italy, brundlequotes.com attributes this exchange to Brundle and the poison dwarf:

Bernie: “Are you still with ITV?”
Martin: “Well, they haven’t fired me yet.”
Bernie: “Get ‘em to buy you an umbrella!”

Still, that often seems to be Bernie's and the FIA's motto: if it works, or is good, ruin it.
Over here we have the choice of TSN (which has the ITV commentary feed), and Speed (with David Hobbs, Steve Matchett, Bob Varsha), and I've actually been finding Speed more entertaining lately. I never used to like the Speed commentators, but I've just been finding their combination of being enthusiastic and not being as annoying as James Allen quite enjoyable. They don't always spot what's happening but they're fun to listen to. Peter Windsor also does pretty well on the grid walks and on pit lane duty during the race. Although nobody can touch Louise Goodman for getting all the driver interviews...
I'm skeptical about the veracity of parts of this, but.

Jake Humphrey - He's a perfectly acceptable sportscaster with the reputational blemish called sprogvision. Improvement over the Jim Rosenthal.
Jonny Legard - Please, get David Croft in. I appreciate some people think he's like a cheap James Allen but I find him not so annoying.
Martin Brundle - Sounds good.
Lee McKenzie - Not an alternative to Louise Goodman who the drivers like.
DC - Could be rather amusing.

The DigitalSpy mole said something about Holly Samons being involved, but I'm skeptical about this.
Sounds like a pretty good line up, the only issue I have is replacing Louise Goodman, I hope if she does not get hired there is a damn good reason for it.
Quote from JamesF1 :The absence of James Allen makes me a very happy person.

its saddening really... i wanted to see what the forum could come up with respect to kevs testicles
I think Louise and Ted do a really good job on ITV, it would be a shame to see them go.
Jake Humphrey. Yea hes a kids presenter, but honestly, he is better than Adrian Charles, that guy just annoys me... Really... F1 should be presented by people who know F1, just like football is. Jake is an ok reporter, I'm sure as hell he won't be as annoying as Ryder or Allen.
as long as it doesn't go down the road of using EX Olymppic rowers to present motorsport like they have for British Superbikes!!!!
Quote from StableX :as long as it doesn't go down the road of using EX Olymppic rowers to present motorsport like they have for British Superbikes!!!!

I dont get rowers, they face the wrong way to what they are going, like a crab that walks sideways but looks forwards.

BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG