The online racing simulator
BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
Mark Blundell was the F1 driver right? Keep him!
Quote from TiJay :Mark Blundell was the F1 driver right? Keep him!

How come? Usually most of what he says is: "The rain what might come today might make the track slippery from what I can remember driving it 15 years ago".

Not annoying as such but didn't really add anything for me
#28 - wild
They should have gotten Murray Walker to do it, but this is unofficial so know one knows for sure if this will be the line up. I would really like to see the following as the BBC's Presenters for next year:

Murray Walker, David Coulthard, Martin Brundle, Louise Goodman and maybe Michael Schumacher or Damon Hill (I must say Damon was not too bad at commentating in Valencia was it?)

I'm not sure about Michael and David in the same team though Schumi would end up accusing him of trying to kill him again :P
Interesting line up. Then again, any commentary team that doesn't include James Allen works for me. Although it would be a shame to loose Ted and Louise.

Jake Humphreys does ok on MOTD so why not give him a few weeks to settle in and then we can see if he's up to the job. Seems like Lee Mackenzie's been involved with motorsport for a while so i don't see any problems there, and she's not to bad on the eye either so i'm not complaining. At least she'll be better than that silly bint ITV hired a couple of years ago (forget her name, the one married to that rower, yunno that pillock who does BSB, James somebody ?).

But it's a long way off so we'll have to wait and see if this is the final line up.
Murray Walker isn't ever coming back to do full-time commentary.
I was hoping they would take in Anthony Davidson. DC should be entertaining though.
It's a shame Louise Goodman isn't on the rota, she's a darn good reporter and I love how she upsets the Ferrari PR guy every time she speeks to him and still he comes back for more.

I'm glad Rosenthal (F1, that's that go karting thing right?) and Allen (I love you Jenson, I love you Lewis, I are a geezer listen to me roar) are gone, I hope Brundle does sign, and I couldn't give a hoot about Blundell either way (nice guy, but not exactly the sharpest tack in the box).
Aye, Rosenthal, Ryder and Allen will not be missed, (especially if it was me with the shotgun) Blundell wasn't so bad but was hardly reknowned for his deep insights and inspiring comments.

DC - brilliant, born entertainer
Brundle - I like him, doesn't take any keech and has the knowledge.

Must admit, never heard of the other lot tho

Louise will be missed, at first I thought she was just a token female chucked in to the F1 paddock, but because she wasn't a stunner she had to know her stuff. She grew on me easily over time, this new lass has hugh standards to meet.

Can't we get a petition together to introduce Syd Waddell to the line up? http://www.xlab.co.uk/extras/quotes/?source=waddell
The singularly most entertaining sports commentator of all time (closely followed by Peter Allis )
Quote :this new lass has hugh standards to meet.

Freudian slip? Thinking of Hugh Grant I pressume...
Quote from Becky Rose :Freudian slip? Thinking of Hugh Grant I pressume...

Erm, no

Heffner maybe

As long as it's not Hugh Jarse..........Jackets on, door ajar!
Quote from HVS5b :
Can't we get a petition together to introduce Syd Waddell to the line up? http://www.xlab.co.uk/extras/quotes/?source=waddell
The singularly most entertaining sports commentator of all time (closely followed by Peter Allis )

DEAR GOD NO!!! I would rather listen to 12 cloned James Allen getting all excited about Lewis turning out of the pits correctly than listen to Sid getting all excited about nothing in particular.

For the record - Sam Torrance is better than Peter Allis by the country mile.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :DEAR GOD NO!!! I would rather listen to 12 cloned James Allen getting all excited about Lewis turning out of the pits correctly than listen to Sid getting all excited about nothing in particular.

For the record - Sam Torrance is better than Peter Allis by the country mile.

Fairy nuff, I loved his OTT humour and Geordie accent. Clever bloke too.

Allis was a joke, thats why winkies were invented.

No doubt you'd prefer somebody of a more explosive nature......
Quote from HVS5b :Fairy nuff, I loved his OTT humour and Geordie accent. Clever bloke too.

Allis was a joke, thats why winkies were invented.

No doubt you'd prefer somebody of a more explosive nature......

Personally my dream team would be the guys who do the Eurosport coverage. The banter mid race if it's dull is second to none imo.
They should have someone like Simon Amstell do the pit lane reporting. He'd be the ideal guy to interview a driver who's just crashed out of the lead of the race.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Personally my dream team would be the guys who do the Eurosport coverage. The banter mid race if it's dull is second to none imo.

Is that Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder ?
They used to do the Superbikes back when it was on Skysports when Foggy raced. Their bike knowledge is great, but I'm not sure they know much about things with more wheels.
Quote from Bean0 :Is that Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder ?
They used to do the Superbikes back when it was on Skysports when Foggy raced. Their bike knowledge is great, but I'm not sure they know much about things with more wheels.

I don't know if it's the same guys (probably not), but the GP2 Asia coverage on eurosport was some of the greatest motorsports I've ever seen on TV as far as commentary goes. Not that the guys were particularly knowledgeable (although one was an ex GP2-driver, iirc), but I as a viewer got the overwhelming impression that the guys genuinely loved what they were doing, had heaps of fun and were taking themselves not overly serious. I was really sad when they said goodbye at the end of the GP2 Asia season and felt they were too.
Quote from Bean0 :Is that Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder ?

Keith Huewen? Don't you mean Toby Moody?
they also did gp2 europe in the previous years and yes they were brilliant
one of my all time favourite bits of racing and commenting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlaISkyoeYc
also that weekend when i think it was petrov came in with a bent suspension arm and one of the mechanics decided the best thing to do was hitting it with a hammer "like i always say if you cant fix it with a hammer it really is broken"

another great line from the guys was at ste first race of gp2 asia "weve got a lot of new liveries to come to terms with most of which are red"
Murray Walker is old! Would you guys rather remember him as one of the greatest motor sport commentators that ever lived or a guy who didn´t know when to quit and said senile dribble on air? Just let it go.

I agree about the Eurosport commentators being the best in the business. They make almost everything they commentate on look exiting and interesting.

I am going to miss the Brits being annoyed about that Allen dude. It always amused me.
#45 - robt
Quote from Kalev EST :Murray Walker is old! Would you guys rather remember him as one of the greatest motor sport commentators that ever lived or a guy who didn´t know when to quit and said senile dribble on air?

He obviously didnt hear murray walker commentate going by his "or" statement the senile dribble made it more fun. cant have an over excited commentator that doesnt make mistakes. (not james allens completely oblivious to whats actually showing on the screen and stil saying diffrent kinda mistakes)
Quote from BlueFlame :Keith Huewen? Don't you mean Toby Moody?

I think he does. I think Toby Moody (who does like and follow car racing) would be great alongside Brundle, but Legard is fine by me and if they pick up Toby and Jules for MotoGP then the BBC will go up in my estimation.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I think he does. I think Toby Moody (who does like and follow car racing) would be great alongside Brundle, but Legard is fine by me and if they pick up Toby and Jules for MotoGP then the BBC will go up in my estimation.

Toby and Julian MAKE the Moto GP, watching it on the BBC isn't the same as watching it on EuroSport, sure the BBC commentary on Moto GP isn't... BAD just Toby and Julian are excellent at what they do, and when the race DOES get boring, they soon put an end to that.
Quote from Whitmore :I always thought Ted was a bit of a James Allen wannabe. If ITV have kept BSCC maybe he'll keep doing that or maybe Allen will be reduced to doing that job.

I swapped a few emails with Ted Kravitz last year and he came across as a very smart, no-bullshit type of guy. He's nothing like the sycophantic arse-wipe that is James Allen.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I swapped a few emails with Ted Kravitz last year and he came across as a very smart, no-bullshit type of guy. He's nothing like the sycophantic arse-wipe that is James Allen.

What made you E-mail him? :P or Rather, him, you.
Quote from BlueFlame :What made you E-mail him? :P or Rather, him, you.

Can't remember now, something he published on the website I wanted to ask him about. Got chatting though and got the impression he's a cool guy. Bit cynical, but I think cynicism is an admirable quality.

BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG