The online racing simulator
Quote from andybarsblade :/sarcasm fail

Wether it was sarcastic or not, that sentence is still a perfect example of the BNP's attitudes.

Don't try to beat me at sarcasm boiiii!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They don't take jobs though, if you look at the statistics you see that they take the jobs nobody else wants, that's why some farmers are losing business, the immigrants are leaving the country and there are no English people that want to be pickers or packers.

Well who'd do those jobs when you can take advantage of the wonderful welfare state?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Immigration is being reduced thanks to the new points based system recently put in place, the number of people entering the country is going down, but the number leaving it has increased. We have more people going out than we have coming in, it's not an issue.

Got any up to date figures?
Quote :Have you ever heard of a foreigner being accused of racism?

Yes I have. Unlike America in the UK our anti-racism laws are not specificly for the benefit of 'minorities' but for persons of a 'different' ethnic background to those of the offender.

I have with my own eyes watched a black man being arrested for being racist toward a white girl in a pub. I dont know and somewhat doubt anything came of it, tbh I think he just needed to go through the process of being arrested to sober him up a bit.

Just because you 'feel' like the law doesnt back you up and fail to use it when it is there does not meen that the law is unequal. I do agree that there are some people in amongst the ethnic minories in Britain who are very well aware of the laws regarding racism and how to use them to their benefit, but again, this does not meen the law itself is wrong, and neither does it paint a bad picture for all minorities.

On a side note currently my local paper has a story running about a race hate email which has been circulating locally and suggests that local Polish immigrants are abducting young girls from supermarkets, yet no young girl is actually missing. One imagines the emails purpose was to either: Explicitly to drum up racial tensions; or a joke where the target chosen by the author was 'those Polish' people out of habbitual sub-conscious racism. Either way it was a racist act.

I find it hard to support the abolition of race discrimination laws at the current time, because some people still hold the view that "they should fekk orff my laaaand".

Britain isn't mine, any more or less than Spain is. I'm a commoner floating somewhere between working and middle class (depending on how you quantify class these days).

Where I live determines what evil-corrupt slave driver I have to pay my taxes to, but either way I still have to pay taxes.

Where I live determines what flag I get to wave at sporting events, but either way I get to wave a flag.

Every now and then where I live determines what natural disasters i'm subjected too, but either way that's a chance thing that doesnt respect nations.

Every now and then my corrupt rulers will use my tax money for a war I dont agree with, but no matter what rule I have some of my tax money goes toward buying guns and land mines to kill the minions of other corrupt rulers.

The concept of "nation" is a rellatively new one in historic terms. Previously we would pay our tithes to the local baron or lord, and the lord would pay their tithe to state. Nowadays I pay it straight to the state.

It's still a heirarcichal society. It doesnt matter which state I pay my taxes too, I still have to pay them else they come round my house and take me away from my home and forceably incarcerate me.

The high rule the middle who rule the low. That's the way of the world.

Immigrants come into our country and usually are low on the social scale, frequently arriving with little or nothing. You might complain that we give too much help, or too little, either way they are low on the social scale. Like all of us who are low on the social scale they struggle to get by and some will use crime.

I could show you plenty of 50% British (well, that's as near to 100% as anyone really is in this country) white people who have committed crime too.

Is crime wrong? Yes mostly. Is it exclusively the domain of immigrants? No. Is there a higher percentage of crime committed by immigrants as percentage of population in comparison to socially low "British" people? In some areas yes, in other areas no. I've no idea how it ballances out, but either way I wont use this as a yardstick with which to measure all immigrants by.

My fathers fathers line came to the Republic of Ireland in 1588 and moved to this country a few generations ago. Am I British or Irish? My fathers mothers line is Scottish, should I stay North of the border? My mothers side is Welsh, should I be allowed out of Cardiff?

I dont see a nationality when I meet somebody, I see a person. I dont even really know which of the countries in the United Kingdom i'm really from myself.

Then again, i'm just a screaming liberal so you can ignore me I guess.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Those would be the unskilled sponger electricians then?

As people from poland dont come here and seak asylum to sponge of the system no. Dont confuse workers from eastern europe with asylum seakers.
Quote from andybarsblade :Got any up to date figures?

Funny, I'm trying to google the recent news that the new points based system has decreased immigration, but all I see are warnings from the BNP that it will increase it. Just watch the news, it was a main story yesterday.
One slightly bigger issue is that our population is severely ageing, and so when people like me become 'middle aged' the taxes will be sky high to compensate for it. either that, or pensioners will be living on nearly nothing.

Same goes for many European countries atm - the birth rate is now lower than the death rate.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :There's a difference between being overly patriotic and wanting to preserve a bit of what makes Britain... Britain, really. <To Kev>

You're a few centuries too late. That's the bottom line. We went out and discovered the world, and we brought a lot of it back home with us.

Anybody who wants Britain to be British will have to go back and live in the middle ages.
I know it's not easy to learn another language, I have studied French and German and I suck at both. BUT, if I was going to move into another country, I'd have the damn good grace to learn their language to the point where I can speak it fluently enough to "not be classed a "foriegner". Obviously, I'm not expecting them to be able to have a political argument (pun intended ), but to be able to go about day to day isn't asking to much, is it?

In my eyes, there's nothing more disrespectful. Besides, English is not really that hard to learn on a talking level. The whole thing with your/you're, and words such as that will take a while to learn on the writing level, but to be able to talk in a 80% fluent way on a day to day basis would more than suffice. When I was working at Sainsburys there'd always be polish people who are like "uhm.. i look.... uhm...how you say... chips i'm not sure".

Of course they mean "Where are the chips?" Is that really hard? More than that as well.

Just last week we had one in at Halfords, wanted to buy a new intertube. "I have bike.. it has puncture.. I fix?"

"What size wheel do you have Sir?"

"hm.. 26 i think".

-Gets a 26 inch innertube-

"ok you fit?"

"If you want sir, that will cost 4.99 on top of the 4.99 for the innertube"

"uhm..oh..."

<10 minutes later, he's still here asking about innertubes, my colleague got angry enough to tell him to piss off, and he's pretty accepting.>

As for the Oil Industry, AFAIK they are employed by companies such as Shell, which then send them to work there. That's different. If they're moving to Saudi Araibia and living off benefits and talking the Saudi's work, however, they're just as bad as the polish people I'm talking of.

Maybe your immigrant workforce aren't the twats we get down here in Southern England.

<Above to Mackie>

To Kev : Maybe, I guess I'm being idealistic now.
orrr vote bnp
Quote from Becky Rose :I've no idea how it ballances out, but either way I wont use this as a yardstick with which to measure all immigrants by.

I can give you a small example London.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :i don't know were that is (currently using google map), but I can only imagine it's like Glasgow on....well any night tbh

Brixton
Quote from Becky Rose :Yes I have. Unlike America in the UK our anti-racism laws are not specificly for the benefit of 'minorities' but for persons of a 'different' ethnic background to those of the offender.

I have with my own eyes watched a black man being arrested for being racist toward a white girl in a pub. I dont know and somewhat doubt anything came of it, tbh I think he just needed to go through the process of being arrested to sober him up a bit.

Just because you 'feel' like the law doesnt back you up and fail to use it when it is there does not meen that the law is unequal. I do agree that there are some people in amongst the ethnic minories in Britain who are very well aware of the laws regarding racism and how to use them to their benefit, but again, this does not meen the law itself is wrong, and neither does it paint a bad picture for all minorities.

On a side note currently my local paper has a story running about a race hate email which has been circulating locally and suggests that local Polish immigrants are abducting young girls from supermarkets, yet no young girl is actually missing. One imagines the emails purpose was to either: Explicitly to drum up racial tensions; or a joke where the target chosen by the author was 'those Polish' people out of habbitual sub-conscious racism. Either way it was a racist act.

I find it hard to support the abolition of race discrimination laws at the current time, because some people still hold the view that "they should fekk orff my laaaand".

Britain isn't mine, any more or less than Spain is. I'm a commoner floating somewhere between working and middle class (depending on how you quantify class these days).

Where I live determines what evil-corrupt slave driver I have to pay my taxes to, but either way I still have to pay taxes.

Where I live determines what flag I get to wave at sporting events, but either way I get to wave a flag.

Every now and then where I live determines what natural disasters i'm subjected too, but either way that's a chance thing that doesnt respect nations.

Every now and then my corrupt rulers will use my tax money for a war I dont agree with, but no matter what rule I have some of my tax money goes toward buying guns and land mines to kill the minions of other corrupt rulers.

The concept of "nation" is a rellatively new one in historic terms. Previously we would pay our tithes to the local baron or lord, and the lord would pay their tithe to state. Nowadays I pay it straight to the state.

It's still a heirarcichal society. It doesnt matter which state I pay my taxes too, I still have to pay them else they come round my house and take me away from my home and forceably incarcerate me.

The high rule the middle who rule the low. That's the way of the world.

Immigrants come into our country and usually are low on the social scale, frequently arriving with little or nothing. You might complain that we give too much help, or too little, either way they are low on the social scale. Like all of us who are low on the social scale they struggle to get by and some will use crime.

I could show you plenty of 50% British (well, that's as near to 100% as anyone really is in this country) white people who have committed crime too.

Is crime wrong? Yes mostly. Is it exclusively the domain of immigrants? No. Is there a higher percentage of crime committed by immigrants as percentage of population in comparison to socially low "British" people? In some areas yes, in other areas no. I've no idea how it ballances out, but either way I wont use this as a yardstick with which to measure all immigrants by.

My fathers fathers line came to the Republic of Ireland in 1588 and moved to this country a few generations ago. Am I British or Irish? My fathers mothers line is Scottish, should I stay North of the border? My mothers side is Welsh, should I be allowed out of Cardiff?

I dont see a nationality when I meet somebody, I see a person. I dont even really know which of the countries in the United Kingdom i'm really from myself.

Then again, i'm just a screaming liberal so you can ignore me I guess.

And with that post, we could close this thread IMO. I wouldn't have found the words to say it like that, but it's exactly my point! Very nice to see that there are people like you Becky. Then again, i guess you can ignore me aswell...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :snip

I don't think that what we get up here is any different than it is down there tbh. What we did was that we gave them a chance through work to learn English, sure it's taken 2/3 years but now we are reaping the benefits now. Staff turnover has practically halted while productivity has increased. Whats more was that we didn't ignore the local workers that we did have and as such have somehow managed to get to a good level in which most people don't fear coming into work anymore. In the end we have managed to get some of the Polish community involved with the local community, we have a works football team made up of both locals and migrant workers it's not that hard to be honest. It just needs some willingness from both sides.

As for learning the language, sure on paper you could easily write a sentence or two, but actually using it in speech is another matter. First of all theres local dialect to take into account, followed by local slang, then add on the fear of speaking in a foreign language.....it's pretty daunting for them to try and learn/speak English, full kudos to the ones that do.
And the fact that English is more difficult to learn from certain languages. German to English (or the reverse) is more difficult than Japanese to English. It needs willingness on both sides for it to work. The side where it's lacking is the British side.
Did I forget to tell the the Middle Eastern fellow who also came into Halfords? We were talking about everything, me and the boys were having a right laugh, he was a real nice dude, and yes, that's ok. 'cuz they're nice people that work and have a laugh.
A brief history of...ME!

In 1985 I moved to France with my (then) French wife...all I knew was basic 'schoolboy' french.
Within three days I had a job, digging holes in the road....and started to learn french properly.
Once I had a good level of the language I took my HGV test and got a better job.
We rented a house from one of my in-laws (at the going rate..I didnt want any favours!), and eventually saved enough to buy our own place.

During my ten years in France I never received ONE PENNY (or franc!) in benefits, and paid all my taxes and social contributions.
I embraced the French culture and traditions, and abided by their laws.

If I can do it, then I fully expect people coming to this country to do the same. Whats wrong with that?
Quote from duke_toaster :And the fact that English is more difficult to learn from certain languages. German to English (or the reverse) is more difficult than Japanese to English. It needs willingness on both sides for it to work. The side where it's lacking is the British side.

Sadly that arguement wont work when the matter being discussed is people coming to Britain to work
Quote from Bladerunner :A brief history of...ME!

In 1985 I moved to France with my (then) French wife...all I knew was basic 'schoolboy' french.
Within three days I had a job, digging holes in the road....and started to learn french properly.
Once I had a good level of the language I took my HGV test and got a better job.
We rented a house from one of my in-laws (at the going rate..I didnt want any favours!), and eventually saved enough to buy our own place.

During my ten years in France I never received ONE PENNY (or franc!) in benefits, and paid all my taxes and social contributions.
I embraced the French culture and traditions, and abided by their laws.

If I can do it, then I fully expect people coming to this country to do the same. Whats wrong with that?

Racist!
What is "British" anyway? Lots of talk about preserving something that means different things to different people. Ethnically are we talking prior to the Roman occupation or after it? Post-Viking? Pre- William the Conqueror? Apparently we're all originally from the Basque region anyway, and before that Africa.

Quite aside from all the racism and anti-semitism and islamophobia and everything else, the whole "British Nationalism" thing doesn't make any sense.
BNP get voted as a protest vote. God, do you really believe that they'd get in power?

By voting for BNP they might suddenly wake up and realise the situation.

BNP membership data leaked - whoops!
(982 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG