The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :On a more serious note what you've come back with there is an interpretation of "immigrant culture". The vast majority of people coming to this country, and indeed Sweden, don't do the things you are saying here.

As I said earlier if you want to tackle these issues you have to tackle the causes of extremism, not go on the rampage rounding up innocents. Sadly, if we all held the attitude you displayed in that post then we'd be creating an even bigger extremism problem thus making it a self fullfilling prophecy.

Yes but you seem to think that i judge all people that come to this country as lazy terrorists. Nothing could be futher from the truth, Im not saying a Indian doctor as the same as a Iraqi (spelling?) asylum seeker. Or skilled workers from Poland/Sweden/France if i did then i could understand being called a racists. 1000's of muslim immigrants in Sweden 90% unemployed. Thats because they go to these places with nothing ........ really nothing no skills no education they cant even communicate all they have is their religion which has no place in a modern western country so what do they expect?
No I understand you've got as far as categorisation Andy - i'm just not sure you realise that not every Iraqi Asylum seeker wants to strap C4 to their chest and do a tarzan impression on the London Underground.
Quote from Becky Rose :No I understand you've got as far as categorisation Andy - i'm just not sure you realise that not every Iraqi Asylum seeker wants to strap C4 to their chest and do a tarzan impression on the London Underground.

lol.

I do but then i dont think you understand not ever asylum seeker from iraq is looking to come here to work hard, blend into the community, accept that they are moving to a country with different religous views to them. These people come from a place where if you even mention christianity your going to get killed.
-
(Electrik Kar) DELETED by Electrik Kar
Quote from andybarsblade :I do but then i dont think you understand not ever asylum seeker from iraq is looking to come here to work hard, blend into the community, accept that they are moving to a country with different religous views to them. These people come from a place where if you even mention christianity your going to get killed.

Well I have a few stern words to say whenever Christianity is brought up too ;P. That said you have to accept also that there are plenty of "British" people who are too lazy to work too. The problem isnt that they are immigrants, the problem is the world is full of ****s.

The way we tackle this shouldnt be by kicking all immigrants out, but by reaching a greater understanding, educating (admittedly difficult for many Islamic cultures but that's a seperate debate, and neither is it impossible), working together, and respecting each other.

Only through tollerence and open dialogue will we reach the point of being a productive community together. For as long as we foster a "them and us" culture we're instead creating an atmosphere that drives more people to see what they can get away with - and that applies both to them, and to us.
Quote from andybarsblade :These people come from a place where if you even mention christianity your going to get killed.

No, they do not. That's just one of those scaremongering propaganda mouthdiarrhoeas.
Your not going to get killed if you say you're a Christian. Now that might not be true for proclaiming to being british, which I wouldn't admit in certain areas in Iraq, but that might be down to the fact that you're enemies in a war, not solely religion or race.
Quote from andybarsblade : These people come from a place where if you even mention christianity your going to get killed.

Funnily enough, it's only since we got rid of Saddam that it's become this bad for Iraqi Christians.

"You were here during Saddam’s reign. And now after. Which was better? Which was worse?" Pelley asked.

"The situation now is clearly worse” than under Saddam, White replied.

"There’s no comparison between Iraq now and then," he told Pelley. "Things are the most difficult they have ever been for Christians. Probably ever in history. They’ve never known it like now."

"In modern times, under Saddam, Christians were treated much the same as Muslims; Saddam's right hand man, Tariq Aziz, was Christian.

Before the war, it's estimated there were about a million Christians in Iraq. They were a small minority, but free to worship, free to build churches, and free to speak the ancient language of Jesus, Aramaic. But, after the invasion, Muslim militants launched a war on each other and the cross."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories ... minutes/main3553612.shtml
Quote from flymike91 :I don't notice a whole lot of posts here from the Norwegian or Swiss people. If I recall correctly, it is damn near impossible to become a citizen of those countries or even live there long enough to benfit from the government. As a result, they have few problems with population control, dissolving national culture, or most of the problems that Britain has with immigration. [...] What are these countries doing right in terms of immigration that Britain and the USA are not?

You can't really compare these countries. Norway and Switzerland don't have former colonies, or neighbouring countries that are much poorer. Norway isn't at a crossroads of international traffic, and its wealth is fairly recent. And Switzerland has been neutral and isolationist for centuries. If these two have few problems with minorities (which may or may not be the case), you can't conclude it's purely because of their current immigration policies.
Quote from andybarsblade :Oh dear, you wonder why your banned for life? because you a flame baiting attention seeking idiot, even in threads that have nothing to do with the subject you push and push trying to be the centre of attention. BOOO HOOOO they banned me from redline and i done nothing i told you they were nazi's! like WTF!!!!1111!11 nobody cares grow up and get over yourself.

I asked to be banned for life! Because the admining on RedLine servers is atrocious.
I didn't know I was the centre of attention Thats great! Hi Everyone

You should rethink the point about no one cares about the admining on RedLine. There are many people that won't go there anymore because of the mentality that you and others from your team show on this forum.
Quote from Toddshooter :There are many people that won't go there anymore because of the mentality that you and others from your team show on this forum.

Well thats their choice and i can understand it. You asked to be banned and you have been so what are you complaining about? Ive had no complaints about my admining so thats good enough for me. But this is totally off topic.....
Quote from SamH :Umm.. no it isn't, just FTR. I think you may have been clipped by a "they hate us for our freedoms" Bush lie/myth, tbh. They're offended by our support of a middle-east aggressor, actually. And well they might be.

I don't think he is. The term is "paraphrasing".

Actually I don't buy in to that myth at all. At least not from the perspective of the "it's because we're free" argument.

However, it is a stated fact that the majority of Muslims around the world live in states that denounce a lot of the western worlds liberal ideals. Now if you want to argue about the strength with which individual muslims might disagree with our way of life then that's obviously a product of how moderate they are. I deliberately chose moderate as opposed to extremist because I honestly believe that an average muslim, (taken from the entire world population of muslims), disagrees with some of our ways of life quite strongly. That's not to say that they would ever consider doing anything against us for that belief, (as long as we don't try to impose it on them that is).

Obviously it's a given that the vast majority of muslims that live in the west are what could be considered "liberal" muslims otherwise they wouldn't be able to tolerate living here. The vast majority of muslims however live in compeletely different societies to our own with very fundamentaly different views on life to our own, (take the concept of decency as an example).

I'm not trying to simplify the belief system of the islamic world but it is incontrovertable that there are irreconcileable differences between us on some beliefs as to how we should live our lives.

By the way, I am in no way singleing out muslims in this regard. In fact I see it more to do with the issue of strongly held religious beliefs. In much the same way as many Christians have views that are diametrically and fundamentally opposed to liberal, humanist thinking.

Just in case my position gets misconstued I want to state that I consider myself a Humanist.

In case anyone doesn't know what that means the definition is here:

http://www.iheu.org/amsterdamdeclaration
I don't want to keep taking issue with what you're saying because I think in large part you and I think the same way. However...
Quote from gezmoor :However, it is a stated fact that the majority of Muslims around the world live in states that denounce a lot of the western worlds liberal ideals.

I realise it's oft-stated, but I don't think it's remotely close to being a fact.

The truth is that islamic countries have absolutely no concern or interest in how we live our lives. They believe in their systems, which are in various states of democracy, autocracy or theocracy, and they don't necessarily believe in ours. But as far as how we live, they are, as peoples, as tolerant of us as most European countries are of them.

Conversely, we in the UK and the US are NOT tolerant of their systems. We have, historically, systematically interfered in and dismantled their societies and restructured them, and attempted to assert our own western ideals upon them. This isn't even the first time we've shafted Iraq. We created the current Iraq and forced its structure at the end of WWI. It was a mistake (another mistake) but we made it anyway. Our interference in that region is extensive. There are some bloody good reasons to hate us.

And yet they don't hate our nation or our people. They get angry at what we have done to them, and continue to do to them (eg: our support of Israel, while they're committing terrible humanitarian attrocities in Gaza) but when you look at the harm we do to them, the only amazing thing is how LITTLE they hit us back. If a foreign nation were to do to the British people what we support being done to the Palestinians, we'd be a bunch of very angry, very radicalised and very troublesome people to them.

Whatever people believe is the root cause of 9/11, the truth is that it was not an act of aggression in the minds of the purpetrators, but an act of desperation and an attempt to draw attention to the plight of muslims in Palestine, Lebanon, Israel and Gaza. Sadly their plea has been smothered by Bush and AIPAC's "they hate us for our freedoms" lie, and as a result most British and Americans still ask "why do they hate us so much?" never knowing that there IS an answer to that question, it's logical and it makes perfect sense.

I am familiar with the humanists, btw. A good friend of mine, Rob Buckman who I worked with at ITV, is a prominent humanist
Quote from gezmoor :I honestly believe that an average muslim, (taken from the entire world population of muslims), disagrees with some of our ways of life quite strongly. That's not to say that they would ever consider doing anything against us for that belief, (as long as we don't try to impose it on them that is).

The great thing about being born in a country is that you don't need to change to cater to another person's way of life who was not natural-born. This is why I admire the Swiss system so much. If a person goes into their community to live there, and does not conform to the natural-born Swiss way of life, the citizens will not vote to keep that person in their community and they will be deported. If an immigrant comes to your country they must change their way of life to match the norms of the community.
Quote from flymike91 :The great thing about being born in a country is that you don't need to change to cater to another person's way of life who was not natural-born. This is why I admire the Swiss system so much. If a person goes into their community to live there, and does not conform to the natural-born Swiss way of life, the citizens will not vote to keep that person in their community and they will be deported. If an immigrant comes to your country they must change their way of life to match the norms of the community.

Well said Mike...I said more or less the same thing a few pages back...and got flamed for being a racist!
The problem is, that in SOME cities in the UK, the local population (the indigenous people!) are expected to change THEIR way of life in order to let the immigrants feel happy...

Before anybody asks for proof....as I said earlier, a prime example is dropping the word Christmas and renaming it Winter Festival.
Quote from Bladerunner :Before anybody asks for proof....as I said earlier, a prime example is dropping the word Christmas and renaming it Winter Festival.

Where has that actually happened?

And like I said before, if something like this does happen, what you need to do is find the cretinous councillor responsible and slap him until he sees sense. Nobody has ever been offended by the word "christmas" - it has never happened. Ever. Not even once.

Hopefully you realise that voting for the BNP over it would make you a rather petty, spiteful individual.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Where has that actually happened?

And like I said before, if something like this does happen, what you need to do is find the cretinous councillor responsible and slap him until he sees sense. Nobody has ever been offended by the word "christmas" - it has never happened. Ever. Not even once.

Hopefully you realise that voting for the BNP over it would make you a rather petty, spiteful individual.

Oxford....Which is why I find it particularly disturbing.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2 ... rectness-oxford-christian

AND its from your favourite newsrag...Teh Gruadian!

(Even the local Muslims said that it was a crap idea!)

[edit]....Ah...I see from the wording of your post that you are now advocating a violent solution to protecting our values...turning into a BNP activist, are you? [/edit]
Quote from Bladerunner :Oxford....Which is why I find it particularly disturbing.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2 ... rectness-oxford-christian

AND its from your favourite newsrag...Teh Gruadian!

So why is this relevant to the thread anyway? Nobody's stopping you calling christmas christmas. It certainly isn't the fault of asylum seekers or muslims or jews or whoever it is you harbour secret fantasies about firebombing, so why do you keep bringing it up? Is it because you've got nothing better to do than complain about nothing? Get a hobby or something.

And I don't read the Guardian.

Quote from Bladerunner :[edit]....Ah...I see from the wording of your post that you are now advocating a violent solution to protecting our values...turning into a BNP activist, are you? [/edit]

Logic's not your strong suit, it's OK, we get it.
I'm going to call it Shitmas this year, it's less offensive than christmas. I'm also going to get red and green lights and spell out "Happy Shitmas" on the roof of my house.
Quote from Bladerunner :the local population (the indigenous people!) are expected to change THEIR way of life in order to let the immigrants feel happy...

Dont forget about the police in Liverpool saying its offensive to immigrants to display english or welsh flags.
Quote from Becky Rose :
I dont know about you but I am expecting to be spending some time in India next year myself! I wonder if they'll consider me to be invadeing them, stealing their tea and silks, and throw stones at me for wearing a red coat (I may have to buy one for the ocassion).

Dont know about the stones but they might shoot you.
Quote from andybarsblade :Dont know about the stones but they might shoot you.

Is that an attempt at humour or are you just being a twat? It's so hard to tell.
Quote from The Moose :Is that an attempt at humour or are you just being a twat? It's so hard to tell.

It's a joke in light of recent news events, terrorists are running around Mumbai shooting people and taking American and British people hostage or shooting at them.
Quote from The Moose :Is that an attempt at humour or are you just being a twat? It's so hard to tell.

Is that an attempt at a post or just a pathetic insult?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :terrorists are running around Mumbai shooting people and taking American and British people hostage or shooting at them.

I'm fully aware of what's happening in the world

It's just with the lack of any smiley's and taking into account many of Andys previous posts, it's very hard to tell when he's being serious and when he's joking.
Not that I've ever seen anything approaching humour in any of his posts before.......

Quote from andybarsblade :Is that an attempt at a post or just a pathetic insult?

It was a serious question.
Quote from andybarsblade :It was a statment of fact.

......dressed up as sensationally as a Daily Mail headline.

That's like saying "If you go to London you might get blown up on the tube"

It's possible, but the chances are absolutely tiny.

Were you actually trying to make a point or was it just more scaremongering?

BNP membership data leaked - whoops!
(982 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG