The online racing simulator
i cant even move can you use mouse and keyboard?
A couple minor preliminary impressions:

GOOD
1. Nice force feedback. Understeer feels like understeer! (Just realized I only feel understeer some of the time..weird)
2. I felt pretty in-tune with the car as far as traction goes.
3. Wheel tethers are kinda cool.
4. I believe you can get dirt on your visor...at least I think that's the effect trying to be achieved.

BAD
1. Engine sounds like a bad LFS impression. Feels like redline is at 5K or something. Unable to get a sense of the tenacity of these kinds of cars.
2. Tire sounds are extremely bland. They tell you almost nothing.
3. Clutch takes forever to engage with autoclutch even when clutch speed is max. It feels very clunky.
4. Interface almost identical to Namie. Not very intuitive or nice to look at.
5. I managed to lock up the game by hitting a wall, flying 1000 feet in the air, and dropping through the ground (game froze right after I went into the ground).
OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THOSE ENGINE SOUNDS..............

Dan,
Anybody get it crashin on them once then have clicked on track day then race?
Okay, got the car moving. I thought the game had detected my pedals properly but it turns out it hadn't. Went to the controller configuration and assigned the throttle and brake aces to my pedals and now I can actually drive the car. Now, I'm having problems getting a decent framerate. I've turned down graphics options from their defaults but the game is still very laggy. Have run a handful of laps -- the force feedback feels very good so far and the graphics look like they could be very nice if I were able to crank up the settings. Sounds are pretty poor, on par with LFS I would say. The main problem I'm having is the poor framerate and the accompanying controller lag. If I can't get those resolved, those will be game-killers for me.
Anyone figure out how to get the in-car HUD to work?
I've done some metres already, but it's not too impressive till now...

Graphics are just look like plastic if you turn bump mapping on (the track is more shiny than in NFS:whatever) Without bump mapping it doesn't look very good either...

Sound is not that good, but okay. LFS gives more responsiveness, though.

LCD not working... Maybe a working manual will fix this...

I'll no go and adjust my wheel to 270° and see if how it feels driving...
Looks nice, handles nice, I cant drive more than 2 laps, the engine sounds are doing my head in.

Dan,
Quote from Si_Si :Anybody get it crashin on them once then have clicked on track day then race?

yea and its pissing me off, waited for ages for this and I can't play it
Iv downloaded that thing it told me to, so why the hold up. Piece of crap
Still can't start it
aint even moved a inch!
Quote from Si_Si :Anybody get it crashin on them once then have clicked on track day then race?

Yes!
Proof that public testing works is what this is... I'm having a laugh at all the comments and the fact that I didn't pre-order. I shall see how it is in 53minutes.
is there a way to turn the lcd display on?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I too am getting a serious knocking throught the steering.

Dan,
Beside of all the downsides, it feel pretty good.

You even notice flatspots pretty well in the FFB, even so good, it could rip you wheel apart if you'll keep FFB @ 100%. At least I don't won't my DFP to take such a abuse from a game, so I'll keep the FFB at 70% or 60%

Gearchanges are sometimes not working, got to figure out why this is so...

Engine sound is when you're really driving pretty useless somehow. You'll only hear when you got to shift when you hit the rev limiter...

But maybe I'm just used to LFS to much

Quote from danowat :I too am getting a serious knocking throught the steering.

Dan,

Seems like flatspots, at least that's it how it feels for me...
-
not impressed... really at all
sounds are... reeeeeeeeeally bad (sounds worse than LFS 0.1)
graphics are to much, i have to run everything as low as possible to get a good FPS so cant say really anything about that

handling.. dunno its.. strange, once again LFS comes on top
Maybe after restart I'll be able to start the ****ing car
Okay, finally got it to go forward by changing my controller settings (thanks for the tip). Turned out that "paddle up" is not "shift up" for the 1600 car. You have to assign "stick up" to the shift up button on your wheel and it will work.
My first impressions are not really too positive. The track surface indeed looks too shiny, so do the tires. Other than that I could get little feel for the car (mind you, I don't use FF, just as in LFS). As many around here I haven't yet figured out a way to enable the hud or the speedo, so there's hardly a way to tell how fast you're going. Other than that there's a little controller lag for the wheel, doesn't make it easier. Shifting doesn't always work and is often delayed by 1-4 seconds. It seems I have to hold down the upshift button on my wheel for it to work properly every time.
Going into a corner too fast and hitting the wall, the suspesion broke and the wheel fell off. I was quite surprised with the suspension damage even though the safety chain on the wheel makes it wobble strangly when the suspension is broken.
Btw., I agree with the comparisons to rFactor. Somehow this feels similar :/
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :audio's a bit toss

A bit? Is it just me who's getting absolutely horrible sound?

I'm getting 50-60 fps, fiddled with audio settings and DX acceleration, i can make it worse, but i can't make it any better.
Attached files
truly_immersive_sound.mp3 - 437.4 KB - 611 views
Experience here:
* crashin on them once then have clicked on track day then race - no
* serious knocking throught the steering - yes
* FF is too strong and after I lower it - goes 100% again
* no steering lag, but gearchange takes time
I don't get any FF. Using a Microsoft Sidewinder :/. Even tried setting it up to 200, still nothing. The wheel just feels hard when turning, but no forces :S

EDIT: Forgot to say, I got it the first time I played but now it doesn't seem to work
imo, crap.
k after a few mins figuring out the interface i was off and did a few laps around the track (demo)

seems quite fun..... i aint a tire expert so il leave that to the pros. In the demo u dont get the dash info on the steeringwheel which is a bit enoying.

ohh and finally after damagin my wheel i went to the pits to fix the car as soon as i fixed it and changed my brake balance then something very odd happened. A continuous clicking noise started and my car started flying all over the place, it ended up somewhere of the track out of the game world and it required me to ctrl, alt and delete out coz it crashed.... this actually happened 3 times so far tho before it was just clicking and car slowly moving about the pitlane. The last time tho no idea what happened, just went crazy!!..

mad

in my opinion tho lfs still is on top....!!

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG