The online racing simulator
Net Kar Pro 1.03 nearly ready..
(89 posts, started )
#26 - MR_B
Quote from The Moose :
Guess what, when 1.03 is released I'm sure bugs will crop up that weren't discovered. I imagine some people will have problems running it. The Beta testers have vastly differing hardware, but you can't account for the infinite combinations out there in the real world. Welcome to the world of software production.

Bit patronising there. Unnecessary.

OT: 1.03's looking tasty! Although time will tell whether it'll actually be propelled up towards an LFS/rfactor level. And whether I decide to part with X amount of pounds. Internet folk are poor/stingy.
Quote from MR_B :Bit patronising there. Unnecessary.

OT: 1.03's looking tasty! Although time will tell whether it'll actually be propelled up towards an LFS/rfactor level. And whether I decide to part with X amount of pounds. Internet folk are poor/stingy.

With all due respect NetKar 1.0.2 (current version) is way above rFactor in terms of actual driving physics. rFactor doesn't even come close to nKp or LFS for that matter
Quote from Intrepid :With all due respect NetKar 1.0.2 (current version) is way above rFactor in terms of actual driving physics. rFactor doesn't even come close to nKp or LFS for that matter

You beat me to it, nKPro was streets ahead of rFactor on its first release!

@MR B

Not so much patronising as sarcastic . Sorry, but i get fed up with the completely exaggerated problems. Lets stick to the facts.
#29 - wien
Quote from The Moose :Yes, it's buggy, I'll give you that much. You're completely exaggerating how bad it was though.

If you were one of the unlucky few having trouble (I was) it's not anywhere near an exaggeration. It was that bad. It was completely unplayable on my more than adequate hardware. You don't get to brush that aside as misinformation just because you were lucky.
Quote from The Moose :So do i. Have done from day 1. Why do you need a degree in computer science to make it playable? Everyone i know just installed it and drove.

Yes, it's buggy, I'll give you that much. You're completely exaggerating how bad it was though.

A few people had serious problems with it on their machines. I simply cannot believe the majority did though because of personal experience. I persuaded a lot of people to buy it and I personally don't know anyone that had a problem getting it up and running. Not one. Install>Play.

Online besides GPC died quickly after the initial release, that's a proof large portion of players had technical issues. I don't see how GPC league players plus few others and you could be the majority of all NKP buyers when putting it against all the potential players.

/dejavu I wonder if we get conclusion to this before 1.03.
Quote from wien :If you were one of the unlucky few having trouble (I was) it's not anywhere near an exaggeration. It was that bad. It was completely unplayable on my more than adequate hardware. You don't get to brush that aside as misinformation just because you were lucky.

I too was one that was having no end of problems. I don't consider myself a dunce at computing, and have made every bit of software work, from cracked early 90's 'simulations', modern car/flight sims, FPS, £5000 CAD software, rendering software (last two obtained via work)... Yet I couldn't get anywhere near a flawless nKP.

But I'm still going to download 1.03 and see what it's like. It's probably the last free patch anyway, so I might as well try and get my moneys worth!
I was considering myself one of the unlucky ones till I changed my config, and it still didn't work!For a completely different reason. It didn't support my Realtek onboard soundcard, from my Asus motherboard, which is pretty damn mainstream.Never had a problem with other games...
Quote from tristancliffe :I too was one that was having no end of problems. I don't consider myself a dunce at computing, and have made every bit of software work, from cracked early 90's 'simulations', modern car/flight sims, FPS, £5000 CAD software, rendering software (last two obtained via work)... Yet I couldn't get anywhere near a flawless nKP.

But I'm still going to download 1.03 and see what it's like. It's probably the last free patch anyway, so I might as well try and get my moneys worth!

same for me. It just never ran very well..... however, I have an openmind and can't wait to at least see what it's like now
#34 - 5haz
Odd how I had mega problems (in the form of fps of about 5!) with the first beta demo, but i tried 1.02 and I have no problems at all, although the game does have a slightly 'half baked' feel, a lot more than LFS.

I miss the old free version of Netkar with the F3000/ F08.
Quote from wien : You don't get to brush that aside as misinformation just because you were lucky.

Quote from The Moose :A few people had serious problems with it on their machines.

The misinformation was that you needed a degree in computer science to get it running. I've acknowledged that some people had serious issues. I'm not brushing aside anything.

End of story. I'll shut up until 1.03 is released.
#36 - wien
Quote from The Moose :The misinformation was that you needed a degree in computer science to get it running.

There's not even a slight chance he may have been employing hyperbole?
What! Attempts at complex literary devices have no purpose or place on the internets!
We're going to look at this thread in July 2009 and laugh because 1.03 will still not be released at that point

(Whereas we will already have LFS patch Z3!)
Quote from The Moose : I'll shut up until 1.03 is released.

No i wont Someone's fishing, and i do love to bite

Quote from AndroidXP :We're going to look at this thread in July 2009 and laugh because 1.03 will still not be released at that point

Is that the famous Austrian sense of humour at work?
No, just my deep pessimism regarding software release dates.
Is netkar pro worth buying if I'm looking for a sim with simular FF and physics to LFS?
Quote from Math1js :Is netkar pro worth buying if I'm looking for a sim with simular FF and physics to LFS?

FF and driving behaviour is quite similar, if I recall correctly. However, I'm not sure if you'd get as much for your money as you'd want. Multiplay doesn't work properly, and it has almost as little content as iRacing's least expensive package.
Quote from Math1js :Is netkar pro worth buying if I'm looking for a sim with simular FF and physics to LFS?

I'd say wait until there's a clear reaction to 1.0.3. If it doesn't fix NKP, it's probably a lost cause altogether. If it does, it'll be worth the buy.
Quote from The Moose :No i wont Someone's fishing, and i do love to bite

Remind me to cancel your services for next weekend.
Quote from hrtburnout : Multiplay doesn't work properly

If your machine runs nKPro ok (with FPS above 90 ish offline) and your playing on a correctly set up server, multiplayer works fine, unless i just imagined racing in three seasons of the GPC league...

The Physics and FF are very good indeed, but wait for 1.03 as has been said, then make your mind up
Stu, just buy me NKPro, and then I'll play it
Not really, I've actually liked nKPro, just not liked how sparse it seemed to be (and the demo's major flaw put me off). I'm just a tight bastard (meaning spending my next 3 paycheques on things for other person). My funds have depleted me!
Quote from dawesdust_12 : ....meaning spending my next 3 paycheques on things for other person). My funds have depleted me!

Life's a bastard, then you die!
Graphically, it sure does look better than iRacing.

With iRacing's budget/access it's more likely that iRacing's physics are more accurate.

The Singtel F1 Sim sucked balls! It was utter crap, nobody will convince me otherwise, and I will not accept that thing as being representative of 1.03... it just can't be.

I can't wait!!!!

Net Kar Pro 1.03 nearly ready..
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG