The online racing simulator
Net Kar Pro 1.03 nearly ready..
(89 posts, started )
Quote from Doorman :Life's a bastard, then you die!

I thought it was "Lifes a bitch, then you marry her!"

How deceived I've been.
Quote from Mattesa :With iRacing's budget/access it's more likely that iRacing's physics are more accurate.

The same budget/access that led to several large handling flaws needing to be fixed? Must have been great access they had. Okay, so that's not entirely fair, as bugs are to be expected in brand new software, but still...
Quote from Mattesa :The Singtel F1 Sim sucked balls! It was utter crap, nobody will convince me otherwise, and I will not accept that thing as being representative of 1.03... it just can't be.

We can hope not. But perhaps the sim just can't cope with more than 250hp without going squirrelly - it won't be the first that is only accurate with slower cars.
I think in the iracing's case it is simply just a question of releasing it too early. I mean, they are making small patches quite a lot for small stuff. They have changed the SR8 sounds, changed all the cars and they have released many small fixes for the tracks. Small changes...

What are you talking about singtel sim being crap? Even if the package as a whole sucked thoroughly when you look at how strange it was to setup, the actual physics were not so bad at all. Iirc the F1 car in singtelsim was better than the LFS one, didn't drive like slomo kart in syrup.

You have tried the sim with the other tracks? Spa, Montreal and monaco work, just like they do with netbike. Along with some other tracks that are not available to us normal honest folks
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I thought it was "Lifes a bitch, then you marry her!"

How deceived I've been.

I didn't think you could say 'bitch' on here.
Quote from Hyperactive :
You have tried the sim with the other tracks? Spa, Montreal and monaco work, just like they do with netbike. Along with some other tracks that are not available to us normal honest folks

I kinda wish he'd given up on nK and just worked on netbike

I find it hard to get enthusiastic about nK. I was on an earlier version testing team and the results were poor, dozens and dozens of problems were identified but the final release was still not good enough. "Better" is only really worthwhile when it's an improvement over "acceptable" and not still somewhere short. I really hope this is only released when it's genuinely good enough.

I don't find the videos particularly inspirational either. A lot of over-correcting going on, it's either bad driving or weird steering.
Quote from Mattesa :With iRacing's budget/access it's more likely that iRacing's physics are more accurate.

with same logic it's more likely that Gran Turismo's physics are most accurate.
Quote from The Moose :Is this turning into a begging thread?

thanks for the NetKar Gift Certificate Stu... you really shouldn't have!!!
Quote from Hyperactive :
What are you talking about singtel sim being crap? Even if the package as a whole sucked thoroughly when you look at how strange it was to setup, the actual physics were not so bad at all. Iirc the F1 car in singtelsim was better than the LFS one, didn't drive like slomo kart in syrup.

That's exactly it, I can't tell anything about the physics except that it feels kind of odd. Obviously I've never driven an F1 car, Kunos hasn't driven one, none of the users have either, but from what I can extrapolate from watching videos and the actual Singapore GP, it still feels kind of odd. There's nothing but understeer everywhere despite all the low speed corners, with only the occasional wiggly throttle-oversteer if you really plant your foot in it while going slow. The car feels unadjustable mid corner. It just feels... unlively... undynamic.

The FF1600 will tell all. In 1.02 throttle-off oversteer is non existant and all backend action is usually the snap spin kind. With all this emphasis on oversteer you'd think I was a drifter or something, but the meat of physics engines are all about transitioning into and out of varying levels of grip, IMO.

I still haven't tried iRacing, and I'd love to know what these flaws are. Are they tire physics/vehicle dynamic flaws? Or less consequential stuff like no stalling? I might try and download the "demo" to see if it'll run on my machine first, but with physics changes I expect I won't be able to tell anything about how it drives from an outdated cracked version. Still I think iRacing has a better chance at getting it right than a one-man show. They're both as dedicated to realism or so it seems.
Quote from Mattesa :That's exactly it, I can't tell anything about the physics except that it feels kind of odd. Obviously I've never driven an F1 car, Kunos hasn't driven one, none of the users have either, but from what I can extrapolate from watching videos and the actual Singapore GP, it still feels kind of odd. There's nothing but understeer everywhere despite all the low speed corners, with only the occasional wiggly throttle-oversteer if you really plant your foot in it while going slow. The car feels unadjustable mid corner. It just feels... unlively... undynamic.

I think it was more of the issue about the base setups being quite crappy. I was going to do few laps now but it seems I have uninstalled singtelsim at some point so I can't verify that. (No time for that).

From what I remember, the aero on the singtelsim was really optimistic as with high downforce you could still achieve quite high speeds (drag values too low) but as a whole the feel for the car was imho quite good, at times really good exactly but my memory is a bit on the vague side as I didn't really drive a lot. Anyways, the feel in singtelsim wasn't so hard or "metallic" like it is in the 1.02, the car felt more direct while still have the feeling of the tires being made of rubber. With 1.02 it feels like you are riding with tires made of metal. But as I said, I think it was the crappy setup that made it seem a lot worse than it was, or deserved to be.
Quote from Tezuka :The track sucked balls, the singtel F1 physics were great even without damage. If you own the current version of netkar pro or if you buy 1.03, you can load different tracks to the 1 car demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yoj5QUa3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBwl-QlhIaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXvq_ozVi9U

Nice vids Crap laps though, that driver needs some more practice i think.

The Physics weren't bad at all, but there were definitely some problems with the drag/downforce. That's probably why Kunos isn't releasing the F1 car with 1.03. Some more work needs to be done on it before its released. (and the cockpit needs re-doing to bring it up to nKPro standards)

Sure was fun to drive on proper tracks though. That singapore track was obviously a real rush job.
It's almost like the suspension movement in every other sim!
Almost but not quite. No tire flex though.
In what way is it different? Just simple reverse kinematics, something LFS, rFactor, GTR2, iRacing, nKP etc all do just fine.
Everyone taken their 'meh' pills today then?
Just seems to show shock absorbing much better the ISI ever did to me.
I feel really weird defending the ISI engine here, but if the data is input correctly, it can very well handle the suspension movement like that. The real problem it has is that the replay system or maybe the exterior graphics in general do not show what actually happens in the physics engine. The result is unconvincing visuals, but the physics behind aren't actually wrong.

What they did in the nKP video it seems was to go offroad using the highest ride height with a rather soft suspension setup to make it look far more spectacular than what it really is, compared to today's simulation standards.
Ineed, In fact, I spoke to Todd Wasson after showing him some videos with rFactors live axle geometry, where I left out a 'link', so the whole axle was wobbling about. Todd went as far as to say that it was impressive..

LFS is lacking here as it, to my knowledge, has '2d' suspensions, whereas rFactor and probably Nkpro have full 3d suspension, i.e. the mounts can be anywhere and bump steer / anti dive etc is all there as a result.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Ineed, In fact, I spoke to Todd Wasson after showing him some videos with rFactors live axle geometry, where I left out a 'link', so the whole axle was wobbling about. Todd went as far as to say that it was impressive..

LFS is lacking here as it, to my knowledge, has '2d' suspensions, whereas rFactor and probably Nkpro have full 3d suspension, i.e. the mounts can be anywhere and bump steer / anti dive etc is all there as a result.

Then explain why i have given up on Rfactor since it feels dead I even bothered to get real feal set up and IMo it was stil dead feeling and lack of feedback
If you purchase Netkar Pro, are there any further payments that have to be made ? Like for example, if I bought NKP now, would the 1.03 update be free ? Sorry for nub question.
Quote from Gills4life :If you purchase Netkar Pro, are there any further payments that have to be made ? Like for example, if I bought NKP now, would the 1.03 update be free ? Sorry for nub question.

Nope. Any patches and addons that come befor NKPro version 2 are free.

Net Kar Pro 1.03 nearly ready..
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG