The online racing simulator
#51 - Migz
WOW, that looks awesome!
The first person ness is very different from most other first person games. This is defintly going on my to buy list

Although whats wrong with using the stairs? :/
DAMN IT! I can't just drop Fallout because of M.E.... but I want to see M.E. too... and then it's NFS : Undercover (yes, I still play NFS series since I have beaten all of them starting from NFS in 1995 on 3DO... it's a tradition for me) and GTA4... so many releases...

(Mass Effect still holds the "best game of the year" flag for me, but I don't know if it's for long...)
what if you fail and fall from a building?

I dont have a ps3 nor xbox so you guys should know it
I have tried the game over at my buddy's place, and I must say - it looks freaking awesome! I have not seen so clear textures since Serious Sam serie (had a very clear and nice graphic, not this dirty UT3 / Gears of war look over it) !

And the idea is new and fresh, I like it. If I ever get a consoll this is one of the games I would buy.
Quote from The Very End :I have tried the game over at my buddy's place, and I must say - it looks freaking awesome! I have not seen so clear textures since Serious Sam serie (had a very clear and nice graphic, not this dirty UT3 / Gears of war look over it) !

And the idea is new and fresh, I like it. If I ever get a consoll this is one of the games I would buy.

It's also coming for PC. I think that gameplay on the pc version would be better since we have a mouse
Quote from Takumi_lfs :what if you fail and fall from a building?

I dont have a ps3 nor xbox so you guys should know it

If you don't have a PS3 or Xbox, you will have to wait till January for release won't you? Or am I missing something?
Please dont do this to me. It sais 11 nov here.

Linky
nooooooo
seriously if you think that girl is hot than you havent seen the new Lara Croft
Quote from chanoman315 :cod5 is wow, really, if a grenade explodes in you, hands, arms or legs can fly. And with the dogs attacking you, too.

At least you can here that splat sound to when you kill them with a grenade or a tank shell.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :It's also coming for PC. I think that gameplay on the pc version would be better since we have a mouse

:hyper:
Thanks, great info
left 4 dead
As it's en vogue right now to start threads about games you're looking forward to: anyone else waiting for L4D?

The game in a nutshell: it's a 4 player coop zombie game at heart, which also offers a 4 on 4 versus mode, where 4 people basically play as special zombies.
It'll feature 4 so called "Movies" that are mini campaigns of 5 levels which are strung together. To keep it replayable, the smart guys at Valve created the AI Director, which dynamically spawns zombies without having spawn points set by the mapper. That's why each time you play it, the pacing and encounters are different.

Gameplay itself is very "old school", meaning you don't have loads of guns with extra fire modes etc, but only a handfull, very effective ones. And you do use them plenty on the hordes of Zombies (if you're into Zombie flics: they are rather like the aggresive and quick "28 days later", not the slow shuffling "dawn of the dead" ones).

I for one really like the demo which you can play since 6th november as a preorder customer. It will be available publicly next week though, so everyone can have a go before buying it.
damn you console players
however i really like the game from the trailers and screenshots... first game that i like from an artistical standpoint in years
too bad like all modern platformers itll probably be piss easy
The gameplay movies on youtube look pretty sweet. I love a good zombie game, so I'll be looking out for this one (i.e. waiting for a mate to buy it so I can test it properly ).
#67 - SamH
Quote from ColeusRattus :As it's en vogue right now to start threads about games you're looking forward to..

Since we're attempting to cut down on the random new thread with little content trend at the moment... threads merged.
I only see one problem with that decision, sam: once the games are out, new threads will be made eventually. also while it keeps the off-topic section clean, it really clutters the discussion in here
#69 - SamH
It's a possibility. If they happen, I'll just merge them in. I've renamed this thread slightly again.

I expect it's sensible to keep iR, rF and nKP threads as threads in their own rights because they're more specifically of interest, but I'm increasingly irritated by the complete randomness and irrelevence of many new threads in O/T. People seem to be confusing "Off Topic" with "chat shit", and it needs addressing properly.

And no, I'm not saying your thread was shit. I'd just rather split a good thread off in its own right, only if it needs it, and have the place a bit more structured otherwise.
-
(Paranoid Android) DELETED by Paranoid Android
Hey thanks sam. Sticky?
Quote from SamH :Since we're attempting to cut down on the random new thread with little content trend at the moment... threads merged.

Isn't it better and simpler to create an ''Other Games'' section? It doesn't sound illogical since most of us are gamers, and like to discuss about other games coming out...Most other forums have them anyway?

It would reduce your merging threads work with games released or not, it would also solve the iracing stuff in the ''General Racing Talk'' section...Just a thought!
I agree with you android. But keeping them together in one thread is less work for the mods.

So, Let the mods decide it
#73 - SamH
Quote from Paranoid Android :Isn't it better and simpler to create an ''Other Games'' section?

For me it's neither better nor simpler, it's just impossible. I can moderate existing sections but I can't create new ones.

The LFS forum is where the main LFS game/sim discussion is. It already has an Off Topic section, where other games of other genres can be and are discussed. We don't need an "Other Games" section. That's what the other games' discussion forums are about, or places like the forum at gamesradar.com etc. If you want to talk in depth and at length about GPL or rF, you don't go to the LFS "Other Sims" subsection, you go to those particular sims' websites, or you go to RSC. I don't see why the LFS forum should try to become all things to all people. In fact, my personal opinion is that it shouldn't.
Left 4 Dead

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG