The online racing simulator
But this one wasnt close.....
Regarding the 2004 one: Isn't it funny how Virginia, Colorado, Iowa, Nevada AND Ohio ALL voted Democrat, as did Florida. A purely unscientific observation, but
Wow, too many post's in one day, so i'm behind the topic, but..

Quote from AlienT. :Gore Vidal is excellent it's a pity they cut him off so soon.

It would have been hilarious to see where the conversation would have gone to, but it probably was the wise thing to do at the time. Still can't work out if he'd had a few to many sherries or if he finally has lost his mind, although he has been heading that way for the last few years. And he's putting his weight behind this "9/11 for truth" movement too

Quote from DeadWolfBones :I haven't vetted this, but pretty amusing:

Fascinating little graph that. I see Arizona is listed as undecided Havn't checked the full results, but how close was it in the end ? [edit] 53% - 45% in McCains favour, meh, not as close it could have been...
Quote from Mazz4200 :

Fascinating little graph that. I see Arizona is listed as undecided Havn't checked the full results, but how close was it in the end ?

click on state http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/

to me it was a pretty close race. Obama won by electoral votes but the whole population as a whole was divided 50/50.
I believe it wasn't a landfall, but it wasn't a photo finish either. I await to be corrected.
Quote from major_syphillis :click on state http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/map/polling/index.html

to me it was a pretty close race. Obama won by electoral votes but the whole population as a whole was divided 50/50.

Uh, no.

McCain (R) 46% 55,542,743
Obama (D) 52% 62,680,702

6 points / 7mil votes in the popular vote is a landslide.
350+ electoral votes is a landslide.

If GWB's 286 EV count in 2004 was a "mandate," what does that make this result?
Quote from major_syphillis :click on state http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/map/polling/index.html

Lol 4 different poll results, 4 different sets of figures (i also checked the BBC's website) It may sound close, but it's a comfortable enough victory for McCain. At least he won't have to wear a bag over his head when he goes home.

DWB, now you're just confusing everything....
Not all of the votes are even in yet. And the electors don't actually vote for a little while. Technically, Obama has not won yet.
I believe since it's impossible for McCain to win, I believe he has technically won :o
Palin went back to Main Street. It's over
Omaha newspapers are reporting that Obama will likely win the Omaha electoral vote, btw. And North Carolina turned blue earlier today.

Missouri will probably go red, meaning they go "wrong" (voting with the loser) for only the second time in 100 years.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I believe since it's impossible for McCain to win, I believe he has technically won :o

How has he technically won? Don't the electors have to vote first? And before the electors vote, don't all of the votes have too be accounted for also? Otherwise it would not really be much of a democracy.
Quote from Hankstar :Palin went back to Main Street. It's over

Was reading today that she apparently thought Africa was a country

Anyway, i don't know if anyone's already said this, but, i think you Americano's should give Obama a chance. Give him a few years before you cast your judgment on his Presidency. If there was one thing that stood out more than anything during his campaign, and even moreso during the actual election day, was the huge swath of optomism that seemed engulf him and his followers. Granted, you can't feed the hungry and put money in the workers wallets with only hope alone. But, never underestimate the power of hope. If it's part of a leaders character, in time it'll filter it's way through the nation and into the hearts and minds of every citizen. And if the people of the nation respond to this hope, then, almost anythings possible. Who knows, maybe he can sort out all the mess left for him by Bush, but he'll need the nation with him, and not against him.

I don't wanna make it sound like Obama is the new messiah or anything, he isn't. But, give the guy a chance, put all your pessimism to one side for a while and give him the support he asked for during his victory speech. And if he does turn out to be an incompetant dud, then simply don't vote for him next time. Just like you did with George Dubyah...oh no, that's not right, is it...
Quote from Mazz4200 :I don't wanna make it sound like Obama is the new messiah or anything, he isn't. But, give the guy a chance, put all your pessimism to one side for a while and give him the support he asked for during his victory speech. And if he does turn out to be an incompetant dud, then simply don't vote for him next time. Just like you did with George Dubyah...oh no, that's not right, is it...

QFT!
Hilarious...

Quote :In February, 2007, Adam Brickley gave himself a mission: he began searching for a running mate for McCain who could halt the momentum of the Democrats. Brickley, a self-described “obsessive” political junkie who recently graduated from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, told me that he began by “randomly searching Wikipedia and election sites for Republican women.” Though he generally opposes affirmative action, gender drove his choice. “People were talking about Hillary at the time,” he recalled. Brickley said that he “puzzled over every Republican female politician I knew.” Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, of Texas, “waffled on social issues”; Senator Olympia Snowe, of Maine, was too moderate. He was running out of options, he recalled, when he said to himself, “What about that lady who just got elected in Alaska?” Online research revealed that she had a strong grassroots following; as Brickley put it, “I hate to use the words ‘cult of personality,’ but she reminded me of Obama.”

Looking at those CNN results...... It was a landslide victory for Obama, because basically the 65+ category shouldn't be allowed to vote as most of them won't see the outcome anyway!

*puts on flameproof overalls*
have you guys heard about this in the UK? Copy/Paste off of another forum.

Quote :What the Brits know and understand!

COL AJ Kessel (Ret)

Subject: London Times Scoops Entire USA Liberal Media Networks
To:
Ready for a shock? Below is an article from the London Times about our
military.

Winning Isn't News
By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Iraq : What would happen if the U.S. won a war but the media didn't tell the
American public? Apparently, we have to rely on a British newspaper for the
news that we've defeated the last remnants of al-Qaida in Iraq .

London 's Sunday Times called it 'the culmination of one of the most
spectacular victories of the war on terror.' A terrorist force that once
numbered more than 12,000, with strongholds in the west and central regions
of Iraq , has over two years been reduced to a mere 1,200 fighters, backed
against the wall in the northern city of Mosul .

The destruction of al-Qaida in Iraq (AQI) is one of the most unlikely and
unforeseen events in the long history of American warfare. We can thank
President Bush's surge strategy, in which he bucked both Republican and
Democratic leaders in Washington by increasing our forces there instead of
surrendering.

We can also thank the leadership of the new general he placed in charge
there, David Petraeus, who may be the foremost expert in the world on
counter-insurgency warfare. And we can thank those serving in our military
in Iraq who engaged local Iraqi tribal leaders and convinced them America
was their friend and AQI their enemy.

Al-Qaida's loss of the hearts and minds of ordinary Iraqis began in Anbar
Province, which had been written off as a basket case, and spread out from
there.

Now, in Operation Lion's Roar the Iraqi army and the U.S. 3rd Armored
Cavalry Regiment is destroying the fraction of terrorists who are left.
More than 1,000 AQI operatives have already been apprehended.

Sunday Times reporter Marie Colvin, traveling with Iraqi forces in Mosul ,
found little AQI presence even in bullet-ridden residential areas that were
once insurgency strongholds, and reported that the terrorists have lost
control of its Mosul urban base, with what is left of the organization
having fled south into the countryside.

Meanwhile, the State Department reports that Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri
al-Maliki's government has achieved 'satisfactory' progress on 15 of the 18
political benchmarks 'a big change for the better from a year ago.'

Things are going so well that Maliki has even for the first time floated
the idea of a timetable for withdrawal of American forces. He did so while
visiting the United Arab Emirates , which over the weekend announced that
it was forgiving almost $7 billion of debt owed by Baghdad , an impressive
vote of confidence from a fellow Arab state in the future of a free Iraq .

But where are the headlines and the front-page stories about all this good
news? As the Media Research Center pointed out last week, 'the CBS Evening
News, NBC Nightly News and CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 were silent Tuesday
night about the benchmarks 'that signaled political progress.'

The war in Iraq has been turned around180 degrees both militarily and
politically because the president stuck to his guns. Yet apart from IBD, Fox
News Channel and parts of the foreign press, the media don't seem to
consider this historic event a big story.

Copyright 2008 Investor's Business Daily. All Rights Reserved.

Addendum: The reason you haven't seen this on American television or read
about it in the American press is simple--journalism is 'dead' in this
country. They are controlled by Liberals who would rather see our
troops defeated than recognize a successful Republican initiated response to
9/11

So, what is your point on this article which was apparently released back in early July and what it has anything to do with the elections?

It's like you trying to change the topic here.
Quote from Blackout :So, what is your point on this article which was apparently released back in early July and what it has anything to do with the elections?

It's like you trying to change the topic here.

Uh-hu

you guys are the only ones i know of overseas, was wondering if it was true... chill
"Addendum: The reason you haven't seen this on American television or read
about it in the American press is simple--journalism is 'dead' in this
country. They are controlled by Liberals who would rather see our
troops defeated than recognize a successful Republican initiated response to
9/11"

That sums the whole thing up as BS tbh. The US hasn't won (as, by it's very definition you can't "win" against insurgents)...

BTW "London's Sunday Times"? It's a national newspaper called the Sunday Times - get your facts right FFS!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG