The online racing simulator
that promo movie didnt show crap! but still, the game sound amazing. And im actually excited for that first person veiw thingy where you walk around the pits. sounds cool ill wait for the demo too see if i wanna buy it or not
Quote from Vendetta :And im actually excited for that first person veiw thingy where you walk around the pits. s

I wonder if you can get mowed down in the pitlane It might start a whole new breed of wreckers, diving in front of cars....

I've pre-paid - quite happy to support another project with a similar goal as LFS. It sounds like a good step towards sim racing simulating a real racing weekend/event, where mistakes and tyre use have real implications to your overall success.

It'd be good if the 'Doom' mode allows you to go round to another driver's garage and give them a piece of your mind, after they've taken you out on the first lap :chairs:
No, you can't see other players, or be hit, or interact with anything afaik.
Quote from tristancliffe :No, you can't see other players, or be hit, or interact with anything afaik.

Yeah, that's a huge disappointment.
As for the cars looks to me like:

F1600 - Formula Ford, Kent (slicks, tubular chassis)
F1800 - Formula Ford, Zetec (slicks, tubular chassis)
F2000 - Formula Renault (carbon tub?)
Formula Target - Italian F3 (carbon tub)

Anyone got any other thoughts, intresting they bothered with the 1600, would of thought open diffs and push rod engines would take some time to fettle just for a few potential cars (assuming they stick with current cars).
I havn't heard how crashes would be modelled in NkPro. Anyone got any news?
I would love to see an option that forces people to use the same setup in the race as they used in the quali. Maybe allso the amount of fuel.

Remember in one race, I came 2nd in quali, and in the race my fastest lap was over 1.5 seconds slower than my quali lap.
Just a thought...

If you were the LFS devs, would you release the latest patch before NKPro went out, or wait for the hype to die down?

Or perhaps they know they've got a loyal fan base and don't care!!!!
If possible I would probably get it out before NkPro, but I guess its a case of ready when its ready.

I am looking forward to both equally as much as each other.

Dan,
Heh, I'd release after nKPro. Give them their week of fame and then crush them with the new and much better tyres, which even make GPL fanboys come back once again
Quote from AndroidXP :Heh, I'd release after nKPro. Give them their week of fame and then crush them with the new and much better tyres, which even make GPL fanboys come back once again

I've just been on the RSC site for NK and found a link to compare sims.
I never realised that part of the tyre physics "now" appear to be better in LFS than NK when its released.
Especially the number of segments the tyre is divided into.
So when we get our update..............
Quote from himself :I havn't heard how crashes would be modelled in NkPro. Anyone got any news?

You can damage suspension, break wheels off (and they are attached by tethers, watch the promo video and you can see it at the end for a split second), im pretty sure there's aero damage and breakable wings. I also read over at RSC that attacking the curbs too hard can damage the suspesion, and if you get a flat spot it might cause suspension failure, but it'll be best to wait and see how much of this is true. There's also mechanical failures

Post from RSC
Quote :
Quote :
Has it also got Kimi mode (TM) where the suspension gives up in spectacular style on the last lap because you tried to make an optimistic overtaking manoevre earlier in the race and flatspotted your front right?
P.S. I don't seriously expect that it would

you might be amazed...
if I was you, I wouldn't go anywhere near the big kerbs for starts...

http://www.alessiocorse.it/xttemp/ProDeMoN.avi
Video (another feature you can see from the video are the pitboards )
i cannot wait for the demo, i told myself that i wont buy any sims and be loyal to lfs but with netkar looking so damn good i may not be able to resist. I am even considering gtr2 tho it will really need to impress me a lot...

mad

just 3 days to go... hope we get the demo on monday too.....

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :i cannot wait for the demo, i told myself that i wont buy any sims and be loyal to lfs but with netkar looking so damn good i may not be able to resist. I am even considering gtr2 tho it will really need to impress me a lot...

mad

just 3 days to go... hope we get the demo on monday too.....

mad

So to all that are itching to have a go at NK, what happens if the new patch comes at the same time......
What will you do first!!!!!
have it already planned

as i normally go to bed around 3am this means if they release Netkar Pro demo exactly after midnight on sunday i shall maybe download it then and spend few hours playing it instead of working on my project. Then go to bed.. wake up around 10am monday morning, 10:05am boot up computer. 10:07am have a shower. 10:20am grab a bowl of cornflakes which i will eat at the computer. 10:25am load up the lfs forum hoping for a patch. If its released then i shall calmly finish of my breakfast, download patch, say what amazing job the devs had done and go test it round 10:30am

i doubt they will be released at the same time... my thoughts are lfs patch will come end of april.. but we will see

mad
What formats that video in I can't get it to play in anything maybe my file is corrupt, re-downloading..
Quote from ajp71 :What formats that video in I can't get it to play in anything maybe my file is corrupt, re-downloading..

Divx I think

Dan,
Quote from VALE 46 :http://www.alessiocorse.it/xttemp/ProDeMoN.avi
Video (another feature you can see from the video are the pitboards )

The cockpit/head movement or ("g force simulation" ) looks too small. I hope it will be configurable with many options...

And that vid is DivX 5.0. BSplayer didn't want to play it but Media Player Classic was ok... And there's no sound in the vid.

Quote from Madman_CZ :just 3 days to go... hope we get the demo on monday too.....

Full version = demo without license, just like LFS
But in a moment of wisdom no multiplayer demo
yeah that was a smart choice. there are lots of cheapos out there that have been playing the LFS demo for years and wont buy the game.
Got the video to work by downloading the latest DivX, doesn't really show to much though.
Quote from ajp71 :Got the video to work by downloading the latest DivX, doesn't really show to much though.

Wheel Tethers
Quote from Gabkicks : yeah that was a smart choice. there are lots of cheapos out there that have been playing the LFS demo for years and wont buy the game.

If there wasn't multiplayer in LFS demo even more people wouldn't buy it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Wheel Tethers

Different video, it's a video of a LAN test, shows the cockpit view will not have any unrealisitc HUDs like LFS and pit boards, that's about it really can't see in enough detail how the car's behaving.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG