The online racing simulator

Poll : How much degrees(lock to lock) do You use?

"Real Life" values(FZR 540*, FOX 270*, XFG 720* etc)
max 270*
max 360*
900* or 720* comp. to 0 on all cars!
max 540*
900* and compensation to 0 in road cars!
max 180*
max 90*
Quote from obsolum :Alright, I gotta ask: what does the "wheel turn compensation" setting do exactly? I've got it set to whatever value it defaults to, but I'd like to know what difference it makes if you have it set to 1 or 0. Is it like BBMan said, that it makes the wheel actually lock on the right angle in different cars? Or something else?

WTC=1 means hardware wheel and the virtual wheel match exactly:
only near center if hardware wheel has lower rotation range than virtual wheel has, or
at all angles if hardware wheel has more rotation range than virtual wheel has.

WTC=0 means the virtual wheel always steers in proportion to the hardware wheel. They match only if the hardware wheel's rotation range equals that of the virtual wheel, which may be different from car to car.
Thank you for that explanation.
Quote from horrgakx :I'm still not sure about the relationship between the settings for degrees of rotation in the Logitech Control Panel and those of the LFS slider.

Anyone know if I should set the Logitech control panel AND LFS to the same lock value?
i have a momo wheel, 240 degrees.
i use dxtweak2 and i set it so that the way i use the momo wheel is the same way i would use it in the real car and the car's actual wheels would steer the proper amount left or right

for instance, in lx6 i have 12 degrees of wheel rotation which correctly correspond to both the virtual wheel and the real wheel.

when racing you should not need more than 12 degrees anyway
"Real Life" values for me.

Anyone who bought/buys a G25 and uses like 240 degrees of lock is a moron.
Im not voting because for me personally it changes. I use 720 sometimes on the road cars, if im feeling lazy ill turn it down to 360. gtrs i use 270, I used to use it on my dfp and never re learnt it at 540 so I stick with 270. All SS I use 200.
real values, 900 and 720 degrees everytime
correction

when turning the momo from -120 to +120, LFS behaves as if i turned the steering wheel of the real car from -120 to +120 AND the car's wheels turn as if i had turned the real life car steering wheel from -120 to +120.
I used to play at 900 degrees but so damn hard to do the racing and no talk about the drifting. Puuuh, exhausted after 5 minutes of drifting ...
Then I tried 720 ... Still about the same so now I use 540 and it works wonderfully
Quote from S14 DRIFT :"Real Life" values for me.

Anyone who bought/buys a G25 and uses like 240 degrees of lock is a moron.

Moron is a bit harsh, I would say 'gamer'
How is it harsh? They buy an amazing piece of kit to have the great FF, the shifter, the 3 pedal unit and the (up to) 900 degrees of lock.

(The logical part of my brain would say that people would use what the car has in game (i.e xfg 720), which (for me at least) is the fastest.)

However they use the same amount of lock that you get on a Momo (which let's face is is a legendary wheel) and could have made/bought a seperate shifter or FF shifter (joystick) for a fraction of the price. (And a LARGE proportion of them use auto clutch so the 3rd pedal is rendered useless)

Unless my ignorance has reached new levels, I stand by 'moron'
#62 - CSU1
Quote from Doorman :Moron is a bit harsh, I would say 'gamer'

I would'nt mind him sir, I believe he's abit of a tough cookie tonight
Sorry I thought 'all my posts are mean'. I was just living up to expectations.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How is it harsh? They buy an amazing piece of kit to have the great FF, the shifter, the 3 pedal unit and the (up to) 900 degrees of lock.

(The logical part of my brain would say that people would use what the car has in game (i.e xfg 720), which (for me at least) is the fastest.)

However they use the same amount of lock that you get on a Momo (which let's face is is a legendary wheel) and could have made/bought a seperate shifter or FF shifter (joystick) for a fraction of the price. (And a LARGE proportion of them use auto clutch so the 3rd pedal is rendered useless)

Unless my ignorance has reached new levels, I stand by 'moron'

You really have no sense of humour do you?
I do, just not at the moment. But I am painfully logical.
well lately i was using 65º lock on my g25 but yesterday tried 40º and got even better

for some the advantage of the g25 is it can do 900º for me its it can do 40º
Quote from lerts :well lately i was using 65º lock on my g25 but yesterday tried 40º and got even better

for some the advantage of the g25 is it can do 900º for me its it can do 40º

Why did you buy G25 when you're using only 40°?
because i follow my like instead of majority and i had 300 euro spare
You're not faster using 40º as opposed to say 270º. Nobody can control a car on the straights using 40º, it's hard enough using a PS3 pad at 90º, but 40º? I can't even control it at 270º on the straights

Why would you use 40º anyway? There's no advantage, it's just a waste of €300.
i tested many sensitivities and im using fastest for me that is also safest and thats 40-65º

with no compensation

ill record a hotlapping for you using 40 which is currently fastest for me, youll se i have no trouble on starights and almost never spin
#72 - CSU1
I made something to explain how the Lerts works. Death will occur for the meds above 41 degrees. Its the only explanation I can see other than a need to be different

Figure 1.a shows how death might occur if the wheel is turned too far.

Attached images
logitech-g25-steering-wheel.jpg
-
(lerts) DELETED by lerts
Notice how easy a normal person can countersteer using 720 as well.
yes but 700 divided by 40 slower

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG