The online racing simulator
#1 - samjh
**Official 2008 Chinese F1 Grand Prix thread** (spoilers)
Only one week after the eventful Japanese Grand Prix, the Chinese Grand Prix races into our calendar, hosted on the most expensive F1 circuit (the Chinese don't like being outdone by their Japanese rivals)!

Circuit Map

Statistics

Laps: 56
Lap length: 5.451km
Race distance: 305.066km
Lap record: 1m 32.238s by Michael Schumacher in 2004

2007 results

Pole: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes) 1m 35.908s
1st: Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
2nd: Fernando Alonso (McLaren-Mercedes)
3rd: Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
Fastest lap: Felipe Massa (Ferrari) 1m 37.454s

Previous winners

Rubens Barrichello 2004
Fernando Alonso 2005
Michael Schumacher 2006
Kimi Raikkonen 2007

Ferrari has won 3 times on this track.

Weather
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/58362.html

Here's to a good (yes, that includes being "fair") Grand Prix!

Will Alonso continue his strong form? How will Hamilton handle the pressure this year? He spun out of the race last year, throwing away the championship. With possibility of rain on Sunday, the race could hand the win to the most daring drivers and teams. Vettel finished an impressive 4th last year, can he better the result in his stronger STR-Ferrari this year?
I want Kubica to win, Alonso 2nd, Glock 3rd. I want Massa and Hamilton to crash into each other on lap 1.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I want Massa and Hamilton to crash into each other on lap 1.

Or just Massa crash alone in warmup lap
Quote from aroX123 :

Or just Massa crash alone in warmup lap

Well I don't want either of them to win this year, I want Kubica to win.
lol who cares? Let's face it Massa WILL win the title. If Hamilton doesn't choke something else will happen that loses him the title.

My Tip For the Race: Stay in bed!
#6 - Gil07
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I want Kubica to win, Alonso 2nd, Glock 3rd. I want Massa and Hamilton to crash into each other on lap 1.

Add Heidfeld on the podium there as well, instead of Glock and I'll agree with you
I want Kubica to win the title heh...

I predict another contact between Massa and Hamilton which will cause one to spin, one gets mad and knocks them both out of the race. Kubica to win with Massa and Hamilton DNF'ing.

Seriously, I don't see Massa or Hamilton as World Champîons. Kubica though deserves it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I want Kubica to win, Alonso 2nd, Glock 3rd. I want Massa and Hamilton to crash into each other on lap 1.

I want Kubica to win, Vettel 2nd, Alonso 3rd. I want Massa and Hamilton to crash into each other in the last lap while fighting for the lead.

Oh, and isn't there something missing?:

"WTF! It's still SIX days until the race. How stupid to start a thread on it now already."
Lol, glad no one pulled that line off this time.

But seriously I hope Kubica wins and wins the whole thing. I agree that a last minute crash between Hamilton and Massa would be hilarious and perfect for Kubica .

Heidfield seems to be off the a pace a little for some reason though . Alonso, I love his driving style, very agressive and defensive within the rules.
Quote from evilpimp :But seriously I hope Kubica wins and wins the whole thing. I agree that a last minute crash between Hamilton and Massa would be hilarious and perfect for Kubica .

Even better: They somehow are both guilty in that accident and both get a 10 place penalty for the last race.
Pfft the red car would get a 5 spot and the silver one a 10 place knowing the FIA.
that track map is highly inaccurate... heres a better version

Attached images
Circuit_Shanghai2.png
I hope Hamilton gets back into gear and win this weekends GP and win at Brazil or come 2nd there.

I dont want Kubica to win the title but he done fantastic at Japan.
Shotglass: :chairfall
I hope Ferrari wins! *runs away*
If the FIA were fixing the championship I imagine that this would happen:
  • Kubica would win, yet pick penalty which means he would start 3rd last in Brazil, no points deduction because the FIA feel sorry for him for having a bigger nose than Alan Prost
  • Massa cocks up another pit stop after FIA insist Ferrari use the lights again, Massa finishes with 3 points, but is penalised for looking a bit like Andy Kaufman and told to start 2nd last in Brazil, just in case he is Andy, and he really did fake his death
  • Lewis manages to put it on pole, but Bernie is seen fiddling with the spark plugs. Lewis down on power manages to finish just outside the points, but the FIA penalise him 2 points for failing to out drink Kimi at the post race piss up.
  • As a result we would have a 3 way tie for the title, all on 82 points and starting at the back of the grid......That would be good TV and after all thats what Bernie wants.
Give Kubica a turbo engine and cut some electric wires on Hamilton's and Massa's car. Please.
Quote from khoianh94 :Give Kubica a turbo engine and cut some electric wires on Hamilton's and Massa's car. Please.

And that would be bad sportsmanship.
Quote from sam93 :And that would be bad sportsmanship.

Are you lost or did you really mean to post this in this thread?
Quote :Here's to a good (yes, that includes being "fair") Grand Prix!

The only thing that has a chance of being fair is the weather.
Quote from Becky Rose :The only thing that has a chance of being fair is the weather.

I'm afraid you're right.
Small rain storm, Massa spins 17 times in 3 laps . Michael Schumacher roundhouse kicks Massa as he steps out of the car and promptly wins the remaining race and WDC in a freak computer/points accident...

James Allen vents his manlust on Loois immediatley in parc ferme , while Max Mosley snorts cocain of a hookers arse at the same time as he adjusts his swaztika...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG