The online racing simulator

Poll : How much degrees(lock to lock) do You use?

"Real Life" values(FZR 540*, FOX 270*, XFG 720* etc)
max 270*
max 360*
900* or 720* comp. to 0 on all cars!
max 540*
900* and compensation to 0 in road cars!
max 180*
max 90*
450 degrees
I have it set to 720. But I have the 'real life values' I think. If my wheel is at 90deg, the wheel in the game is 90deg. But, for example, in a FOX, when the wheel in the game reaches full lock, my wheel keep turning untill I reach 720. Is that normal?
Quote from buedi :i Use The "real Life" Values. But It Annoys Me To Stop The Game, Go To The Profiler And Set The New Lock Whenever I Change A Car. I Suggested Several Times That Lfs Should Do That, Like Richard Burns Rallye Did That On The Ps2 With The Dfp. But I Never Got Heard And I Think That It Will Never Be Implemented.

+1
''Real life'' values for me too.
#30 - Osco
I'm a lazy sod, so I use some weird value of 220 degrees for all cars
I use real values, to make a better use of the G25's steering angle capabilities. It's a pain in the ass to drive a MRT with them, though. But how would I have fun with 200 degrees? Just unrealistic and I wouldn't be spending 200 euros on the wheel I have now if I liked driving with that steering angle.
I go with whatever the car info says it is!
400°
Quote from Drift King CZ :No... people just don't get it. When you set it like he said, try XRT... You will have 720° as expected. Then choose MRT for example. You will have still 720° on your wheel, but you will need only 270° of it - it will still turn same like in LFS - it will be still realistic... and the rest 450° is dead zone. I don't see differents between set it like this and changing the value all the time.

Yes, deadzone. But you can still rotate your G25 in 720° which is not real.
I use LFS values except for rally stages and rb4, where i use 576 degrees (by setting wheel turn to 900 in lfs).
I'm still not sure about the relationship between the settings for degrees of rotation in the Logitech Control Panel and those of the LFS slider. Add to that the compensation value and ... well my G25 just gets left as it is.

I've not noticed any difference in changing the settings. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Maybe someone could explain what the relationships between them all are? Maybe I should get me coat
by now im the only one who voted less than 90

but i cant believe it high sensitivities are much safer and faster

it must be some kind of shadowy secret
Quote from Gnomie :You don' have to do that, though. Just set it to 720 degrees both in Profiler and LFS, and wheel turn compensation to 1.0, and it will automatically set it self up correctly for any car.

Cool, it works beautifully! No more jumping around at every car change.
Quote from lerts :by now im the only one who voted less than 90

but i cant believe it high sensitivities are much safer and faster

it must be some kind of shadowy secret

no secrets at all...

More lock - more preciseness,

But don't try to think that you can adopt to high lock fast, it takes days atleast...
425 degrees for me.
Quote from Drift King CZ :No... people just don't get it. When you set it like he said, try XRT... You will have 720° as expected. Then choose MRT for example. You will have still 720° on your wheel, but you will need only 270° of it - it will still turn same like in LFS - it will be still realistic... and the rest 450° is dead zone. I don't see differents between set it like this and changing the value all the time.

Wrong. WTC at 0 will always take the lock the wheel is set in the profiler... Try it with the MRT (since it has the lowest lock) if you don't believe me...
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, deadzone. But you can still rotate your G25 in 720° which is not real.

and when do you get even close to the lock-"zone". In racing you almost never.
The only time i can think of where you need the lock might be when you gonna park your car...

Quote from bbman :Wrong. WTC at 0 will always take the lock the wheel is set in the profiler... Try it with the MRT (since it has the lowest lock) if you don't believe me...

but who said WTC at 0 ??

He and I talking about WTC at = 1 !
Im using "real life" also... Want it as realistic as i can
Quote from JazzOn :but who said WTC at 0 ??

He and I talking about WTC at = 1 !

Right, mixed up the quoted post and another one in this thread... My bad!
who's those aliens that use 180° and 90° ??? u gotta be kiddin' me, right ?

im outta here

no offense , just kiddin... it might be suitable for handicaped users or somethin like that... just a guess...
i just like to see the hands on the steering wheel on the screen in sinc with the hands on my G25 thats what makes me feel realistic
Quote from nismoCat :i just like to see the hands on the steering wheel on the screen in sinc with the hands on my G25 thats what makes me feel realistic

It would be very hard to make up. Plus why do you want to have two moving steering wheels shown? You have on in front of your screen and you can turn off the one in game.
Alright, I gotta ask: what does the "wheel turn compensation" setting do exactly? I've got it set to whatever value it defaults to, but I'd like to know what difference it makes if you have it set to 1 or 0. Is it like BBMan said, that it makes the wheel actually lock on the right angle in different cars? Or something else?
Im using the realistic values.
Its just that i like it realistic.
check wheel compesnation looking at the virtual wheel

no compensantion is real time movement, compensation means low sensitivity in the center and higher sensitivity on the extremes

i use 65º lock and no compensation, its the fastest for me

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG