LFS need's better gravel
(39 posts, started )

Poll : Does lfs need better gravel?

Closed since :
Yes i agree with you it needs work
I dont know i dont realy care about rallycros
No i dont agree ist fine now
LFS need's better gravel
I have played alot of Richard burns rally these days and this made me realise something.

The gravel in lFS is actualy suprisingly dead and and sandy
istead of hard and rock/sand like.
I i drive over the gravel its sounds almost the same and feels almost the same as i would drive over the grass at lets say fernbay to my feel the fernabay gravel is better than the Blackwood gravel becaus that is evn worse that just feels ecatly the same as driving the gras.

So my sugestion is to make the gravel more hard ans stony with like loose rocks in the already hard soil.

Thanks for reading
Gr Chrisuu
+1. I think it needs some work too. I'd like to see tyre marks, dirty cars etc. if it had that, I think the rally tracks would be more interesting imo.
Big +1. Tyre marks on grass and gravel should be added, like it is on tarmac. Dirt on cars would be nice, but it seems like it would be a while away. Tyre marks I'd definitely like to see though
#4 - w126
I hope one day it will be better, even better than in RBR, varied, deformable.
Quote from batteryy :i totally agree to this one, and they should make the car should throw some sand/rocks at corners like in rbr
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nIh0o3VG51c

U have just strengthend the point i wanted to make thanks
I think this has to be done yes
Also the feel of the gravel should be more rocky
#7 - JJ72
gravel trap is different from a rally gravel surface.

I think it should be better, but better in terms of be able to make you stuck.
Quote from JJ72 :gravel trap is different from a rally gravel surface.

I think it should be better, but better in terms of be able to make you stuck.

I was talking about the gravel u drive on in the rally cross tracks
but...

You just lighted another point i actualy never managed to get stuck in a gravel trap
I like it the way it is now, but as you said, it could need improvments regarding the feeling, so +1 from me.
We need a huge improvement here. Gravel should be deformable and consist of different size of...gravel, so that the developing racing line has more meaning and driving outside the racing line would be like driving on marbles.

Also the dust is really important aspect of rallycross and not just eye-candy at all. It's a totally different matter to be able to see the track through the car in front like it is now, than to drive blindfolded in it's dust like it should be.

Rally cross should be rough sport, but in LFS it feels more like driving on flat ice on a sunny afternoon.
Quote from frokki :[snip]

Also the dust is really important aspect of rallycross and not just eye-candy at all. It's a totally different matter to be able to see the track through the car in front like it is now, than to drive blindfolded in it's dust like it should be.

[snip]

Until the smoke is fixed so that it's properly opaque, I use this smoke/dust texture. It's quite scarey going through dust clouds.
Marble Grey 2.dds >> From here with screenie.

EDIT :
DUSTALPHA.dds 128x128 normal resolution if it causes frame stutter at the 256 size

And don't worry, it comes out brown in the dirt.

You may not like it, but worth a look.
Attached files
DUSTALPHA.dds - 21.5 KB - 283 views
+01

... although I think a lot of the feeling has to do with the sound rather than the handling.

And hey, I can't point out to it enough: MORE DIRT CONTENT anyway!

.... just a joke,

more like:
I would die for some extra rally tracks, sadly that rally pack never were released. Most likely canceled.
I don't like rally, so for me it's not necessary.
#15 - w126
Quote from The Very End :I would die for some extra rally tracks, sadly that rally pack never were released. Most likely canceled.

I wonder which rally team that was.
Quote :Well, we have been approached by a well-known rally team who like LFS a lot! If everything goes to plan then we will have something interesting that rally fans can look forward to.

http://nic.mm2c.com/illegal/interview-edited.doc This is 4 years old interview.
Quote from BoyGTA :I don't like rally, so for me it's not necessary.

Thanks for that :rolleyes:
Quote from w126 :I wonder which rally team that was.http://nic.mm2c.com/illegal/interview-edited.doc This is 4 years old interview.

Did not read that document, but is that true?
Man, now I even wished we did get this pack released From what I remembered it got canceled, but can't find the topic.
Scawen, care to take 1 min to describe what happend?
Quote from LFSn00b :all the rallycross tracks needs are more bumps.

change this to "SOMETHING that the rallycross tracks also need are more bumps" ... and I say +1.
Quote from frokki :We need a huge improvement here. Gravel should be deformable and consist of different size of...gravel, so that the developing racing line has more meaning and driving outside the racing line would be like driving on marbles.

Rally cross should be rough sport, but in LFS it feels more like driving on flat ice on a sunny afternoon.

Indeed i would like to se some deph i teh gravel so when u come of the line is like diving trough heavy mud mut like that ice lake u mancioned
also maybe its just me but the hills don't seem very smooth. They look and feel kinda blocky. I really like the track posted above, a separate dirt track would be nice.
Are hils smooth??
maybe not but they're not trapezoids either.
What LFS need is the possibility to change surface with the Autocross editor. E.g. adding patches of gravel... Then we can make more rallyx tracks
Quote from bluejudas :What LFS need is the possibility to change surface with the Autocross editor. E.g. adding patches of gravel... Then we can make more rallyx tracks

Now THAT'S a great idea acutally!
Tho it would be kind of screwed up it would be cool to have all tracks in tarmac and gravvel version
Quote from bluejudas :What LFS need is the possibility to change surface with the Autocross editor. E.g. adding patches of gravel... Then we can make more rallyx tracks

Quote from The Very End :Now THAT'S a great idea acutally!
Tho it would be kind of screwed up it would be cool to have all tracks in tarmac and gravvel version

Hope the developers can confirm if this is possible....

LFS need's better gravel
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG