LFS need's better gravel
(39 posts, started )

Poll : Does lfs need better gravel?

Closed since :
Yes i agree with you it needs work
I dont know i dont realy care about rallycros
No i dont agree ist fine now
#26 - Vain
Quote from The Very End :Now THAT'S a great idea acutally!
Tho it would be kind of screwed up it would be cool to have all tracks in tarmac and gravvel version

Aston GP in gravel? Most boring rally stage ever .

Seriously though, laying down patches of gravel on the tracks (with a brush-like tool) as a autoX-layout is a great idea.

Vain
Not just gravel... grass too... and curbs. Then you'd be able to make a 'proper' track on the AutoX area.
My friends, I think we are on a idea spree!
Now, how cool wouldn't it be if autocross editor let you chose by a brush tool, if it should be tarmac, curbs (object), gravel/mud or grass?!
Quote from The Very End :My friends, I think we are on a idea spree!
Now, how cool wouldn't it be if autocross editor let you chose by a brush tool, if it should be tarmac, curbs (object), gravel/mud or grass?!

I also want a "sky" brush so that I can make no ground under the road and drive in clouds lololorz Because I managed to turn the FZR in a turboreactor-powered car in LFSTweak with negative downforz so dat it can fly lololrz It's like a podracorz in Storworz loloz

?

Just kidding ! Nice suggestions here, it would be great that the Autocross is revamped with real barriers, more choice of surfaces, more choice of objects so that we can build proper layouts to race and have a different experience on
Don't you mean wireframe editor, not paint brush.

Pretty sure you wont get that until S3 is complete, if at all.
Attached images
lfs_00000944.jpg
Quote from JasonJ :Don't you mean wireframe editor, not paint brush.

Nice FPS
Lets not go overboard...
Laying down patches of gravel will do for now
Quote from JasonJ :Don't you mean wireframe editor, not paint brush.

No, not advaced as that. Just a simply brush / pencel tool, that allows you to lay down surfaces. It would not be creating new tracks, since it's would be only allowed to use on current tracks and withing their borders, meaning that all we would be able to change is the surface.
Quote from The Very End :No, not advaced as that. Just a simply brush / pencel tool, that allows you to lay down surfaces. It would not be creating new tracks, since it's would be only allowed to use on current tracks and withing their borders, meaning that all we would be able to change is the surface.

It would be nice to hear from the dev team if this is at all possible ?
Is it possible to add track surface change functionality to the autocross editor ?? This would certainly give the rallyx fans a lot more track options
Quote from The Very End :My friends, I think we are on a idea spree!

Well, in this case you could change the existing surface type, not actually changing the road shapes, but someone mentioned "laying" patches of gravel etc where ever you want, which wouldn't be possible unless you have a wireframe model/track editor program, that's all.

Just like each track can be made reverse, I guess each track could be made rally version, and all the tarmac bits could be switched to dirt and sand by the devs, but who knows if they got time yet to do that.

I imagine if users were given access to this we'd end up layout files becoming massive to accommodate the information needed to store which parts are which which surface type.

Thread has gone from "need better gravel" to "need track modifiy options".
Quote from JasonJ :Well, in this case you could change the existing surface type, not actually changing the road shapes, but someone mentioned "laying" patches of gravel etc where ever you want, which wouldn't be possible unless you have a wireframe model/track editor program, that's all.

Well... it is possible to place chalk on the surface of the track. It would be nice if it it was possible to do the same with e.g. patches of gravel and at the same time change grip at that spot. You never now what is possible.
I was not talking about changing the road shape....
One problem i can think of is that track records could be invalid. To prevent that it should only be possible to change from asphalt to gravel... but then again.. with creative layouts its possible to make a track faster...
yeh ok, w/e
Attached images
lfs_00000945.jpg
Quote from JasonJ :yeh ok, w/e

why do you have hat good fps again? 444.4 and now 333.3 lol
Quote from Flame CZE :why do you have hat good fps again? 444.4 and now 333.3 lol

E8400 DualCore, 9600GT 512MB, 1GB RAM, 80GB SATA I rather ATI.

LFS need's better gravel
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG