The online racing simulator
Ta - that's it OK

How do I make the size bigger ?????
You can resize it, but then you just make the pixels bigger. To make the skin better you need to start with a bigger skin in the first place.
Ta Tristan - :drunk: Messed it up a bit again. Think I'll cal it a night and go at tit again tomorrow (might be best)
Anyway, as you can see progress is being made
:something
Just bear in mind that if you want to use the result online then it needs to be 400kb or less or the "my online skins" section of LFS world will use a rather unsophisticated comrpession method on it. It is far better to use your graphics app to control the file size by doing as Tristan suggested since it will make a much better job of it than LFS world
vanirl, getting better

Please read this Master Skinnerz Skin Kits

FXO skin kit direct download link

And I suggest you to make your skin as good/big as possible.
Later you can resize it to fit LFS standards, but bigger resolution (2048x2048)
and bigger size might become useful when you want bigger or close-up renders.
Hey someone was after a RB4 render on the other page. I was just playing around with some things. Anyway, heres that persons RB4. Not much but its free so take it
Attached images
TRD.jpg
OK guys - check this out
OK Guys, I think I got it.
  • 1st up, the attached skin should be the right size now – 2048 X 2048 (Ramtech & Tristan)
  • I also seem to have sorted out all the smudges and lack of clarity.
  • I also think I got the compression right – (Tristan)
  • Not sure about the DPI – (Ramtech)illepall
  • I think I have saved it as a proper jpg - (Ramtech)
  • Now that I have Pain shop pro and quick notes / tips ? - (Hyperactive)
Still haven’t mastered all this stuff about layers – need more time on that.

So if anyone want to render this final attempt – feel free (yes I will grovel at your feet in admiration)
Anyway let me know that ya think (be kind)

On balance I reckon I will stick with Paint Shop Pro – by the way I noticed that this has a render feature. Does that mean that I could render my own skins?????

Attached images
FOX_vanirl2.JPG
ok, the size is right,
but u should have resized it before adding the colours. u have alot of rough edges where green + white meet, and all ur logos/texts are too blurry.
nope, u cant render ur skins with paintshop, u need a 3d application to do that
Ta

Blast it - I must remember that for my next one, but after the work I put into that one I will leave it as it is

:slap:
Still Testing and Learning so this is a quick and rather rubbish Render. Sure others will do better.
Attached images
FOX1.jpg
Ta m8 - and that was quick

Just added the picture to my web site - hope that is OK with you
Quote from Righteous :Hey someone was after a RB4 render on the other page. I was just playing around with some things. Anyway, heres that persons RB4. Not much but its free so take it

that looks awesome
Quote from vanirl :
Just added the picture to my web site - hope that is OK with you

Sure np. but...
Quote from your Website :These pictures below are renders of my old and new skins very kindly made for me by fellow racers on the Need for Speed forum.

Oh CRAP - will change NOW (BIG sorry to all LFS community)
I will thrash myself for the next 4 hours

OK - now sorted thanks for the information
Latest offerings
OK guys I’ve bee sweating away trying to make a bit of progress in using Paint shop Pro and while there are MANY things I have not mastered as yet, I think I have picked up on a few of the recommendations made by all.

So, here is the latest offering and if Tristan or someone elso thinks that it is worth it, maybe????

Got myself blender but I might as well be looking into a bush for all the sense I can make if it so far. :heyjoe67_
Anyhow, comments on the progress are most welcome

Ta for now
Attached images
FOX_vanirl2.JPG
Dee of the ruun team asked me to post a request here (like most Germans he thinks his English is bad :P).

Please can someone render this for him. Danke.
Attached images
FZR_ruun.jpg
Here's my latest skin, undecided on wheel color, probably orange in game, but might look good as chrome in a render. 1280 x 800 for my desktop. Oh, and is it possible to make the car left hand drive instead of right hand drive?
Attached images
XFR_Bengals.jpg
I'm afraid I was cheeky and took a few liberties with your skin Mr Vanirl, I hope you don't mind. I'd suggest you you use it as a base to stick your own ideas over the top of.

Here's a 2048x2048.jpg unfortunately I can't give you a layered file, I flattened it and hit save by mistake :doh:

It's only somethin quick and simple, sorry I dont' have more time to give it.

Note this isn't a render I'm not that clever...
@Kchrpm
not perfekt but i hope you like it,some other stuff...also leftside steering
i tried a new scene....
Attached images
Kchrpm.jpg
That's awesome! I was just about to come back and post this updated version of the skin, you render faster then I Gimp
Attached images
XFR_Bengals.jpg
i'm seriously impressed by Morrow's render. Nice work!
Quote from Smax :I'm afraid I was cheeky and took a few liberties with your skin Mr Vanirl, I hope you don't mind. I'd suggest you you use it as a base to stick your own ideas over the top of.

Here's a 2048x2048.jpg unfortunately I can't give you a layered file, I flattened it and hit save by mistake :doh:

It's only somethin quick and simple, sorry I dont' have more time to give it.

Note this isn't a render I'm not that clever...

No problrm at all, in fact I quite like it and will let you see what I do with it (hope I dont wreck it) thanks
Quote from Kchrpm :That's awesome! I was just about to come back and post this updated version of the skin, you render faster then I Gimp

As soon as possible...i ´ll fix it
Updated skin
OK guys - I added a bit of logo's etc to the skin very kindly made for me by Smax.
So here it is.

Smax - How did you manage to break the skin up so that the color runs up the side of the car and not broken like my effort?
I am still only scratching the surface of using paint and to be honest I doubt if I will ever master it – but I’ll keep at it

If ya have a basic skin for the single seater (to match) I would use them as well no problem

Now for the BIG question – what are my chances for a render by anyone (and yes I know it asking a lot) as they say if you never ask you never get. I'd love to have it on my desktop and website
Attached images
FOX_vanirl3.jpg
use the UVW lines for matching up things.. then also you obviously have to use the cmx viewer.. like .. well.. all skinners use lol

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG