The online racing simulator
Quote from J@tko :Olf F3 ones. I think its a '88 Reynard?

k thx

looks expansive
nm, grats
Arent you trying to sell your car? If so should you be posting about it taking huge hits into tire walls?
Anyone who would want to buy it and race it would find about it anyway, if they don't already know "through the grapevine". No point pretending!

Besides, that wasn't a huge hit! I didn't even see stars!
Great driving in tricky conditions, looks like a blast!

Shame about the accident, but at least your ok!
Watched the video and I think you were unlucky with the crash. Cadwell looks like a right bark.
Congrats on the championship - pity about the car's sudden devaluation.

One thing that struck me as really lacking in the video was verbal profanity after the crash (or at least we don't get to hear any) - do you study other drivers' post-crash techniques for that or is there some sort of meditation routine prescribed to avoid embarrassing recordings?
New lower element ~ £400
New end plates ~£200 each (with carbon fibre - cheaper than the alumimium honeycomb versions we had, but about 10 times as strong)
New exhaust section (it was kinked) £50
Diffuser repair ~£150
Various things, like connectors for rain light, and bolts etc £30
Winning the championship while spinning backwards - Priceless

Great job with it mate - glad you won! That crash was unlucky however I still really do enjoy your on board shots. Some of the best I see.
Well Looks like Tristan is my Idol
Quote from xaotik :Congrats on the championship - pity about the car's sudden devaluation.

One thing that struck me as really lacking in the video was verbal profanity after the crash (or at least we don't get to hear any) - do you study other drivers' post-crash techniques for that or is there some sort of meditation routine prescribed to avoid embarrassing recordings?

Yeah, personally I would have thrown the wheel out in a huff and generally bitched and moaned about the lack of blue flags shown to the noobish backmarkers
#36 - 5haz
#38 - 5haz
Hah, he seemed pretty cool in the video, maybe he just wanted to get out of sight and hide as quickly as possible.

Junior racing is even worse, especially when the dads join in, Its fun to watch though.

When you get out of you car and stand at the side of the track after an accudent, the marshalls usually tell you to keep your helmet on, this isn't for safety as you may think, they're trying to help you hide your embarrased face, in a similar way to putting a bag over one's head.
i got banned from karting for having a fight... otherwise i would be doing it today probally and be absolutly No Where

Last meeting of championship

2nd Race.. Leading it..last lap.. the kid in 2nd in the championship Jumps over the kerb and hits me out.. i end 6th he wins it.. THEY DID Nothing!!!!

Final.. Very badly pissed off.. 4th lap.. Literally so angry.. that i barged 3 people out the way and done 0.007 away from the lap record
Got up behind the kid who hit me.. Swiped the back of his kart he went flying off... i got black flagged.. Here comes the fun part.. in the pits..

My dad and the kids dad was Shouting at each other.. my dad pinned the guy against the fence with the kart carrier thing.. The Kid came into the pits, i grabbed hold of him, Literally almost picked him up and pushed him over the tyre wall..

I Wasnt banned as we just literally ignored the Clerk of Course.. i stuck my finger up at him And said "your a prick" and that was the end of karting

I defonatly wont do that in car racing, Dont need my anger to come back just yet.
I was Only about 10/11 BTW
You're racing for presumably a packet of Haribo. It's not worth acting like an immature little kiddy over such a discrepancy. I'm sure calling the clerk of the course a prick is the right way to have gone about it!

I watched the video, with the Radicals. I laughed
i was 10, i was a immiture spoilt Brat then.. At that time i couldnt of actually of got anything out of my Mouth But only Swear Words..
Haribo Are Nice though
#42 - 5haz
I don't know about Karting but in racing one thing you certinly do NOT do is call the clerk of the course a 'prick'.

Especially not the Ginetta series clerk, hes not a nasty person, but last year we had some very interesting drivers breifings in juniors, especially after all three junior festival races were red flagged, god I could almost hear the rich kids up in T-cars pointing and laughing, well T-cars is history now haha.
#43 - J.B.
Grats and nice driving. The track looks a bit nuts in an F3, almost like driving on a country road.

What class are you doing next year?
You don't see it in the video, but I do have a silent angry-spaz moment with arm waving and what have you. But it's quite reserved, and aimed directly at myself for crashing whilst leading. You have little idea how cross I was with myself.

But you have to accept these things really. I've had a pretty good run of luck really, so I quite quickly calmed down and just chatted with the marshalls as we waited for the medical team to arrive (having made contact with something solid you have to be checked out. When asked if I had difficulty with my thoughts or double vision I happily replied 'none that I don't usually have.')

@J.B. - Same race. Same grid even. But with a 10 year newer F3 car (and hopefully a bit more power if the rule changes I'm hoping for go through and allow injection and slight tuning) against the other newer cars. The big boys, if you will.
Gratz on the championship Tristan :trophy_si, your onboard videos are great they really give a good impression as to what single seater racing is really like.
Grappling with the shifter at 90mph whilst steering a racing car with one hand is not an easy thing to do .

Great driving at Cadwell btw. Although in hind site I bet you were livid for throwing away a win like that. Why were you in such a hurry to pass the back markers (who looked like they were driving formula fords) when you had a 20/25 second lead??

The car was handling like a pig at Mallory, you did well to keep it on the track with all that over steer. Who was responsible for front wing calculations eh?

Good luck at Snett.

PS - Is there a classic FF class in the monoposto?
#46 - Jakg
That track really is TINY
#47 - 5haz
I've never been there but I can imagine it is tiny, at the end of the circuit doesnt the track pass through the edge of a farmyard just before the last corner? I believe the track was made out of farm tracks.

Mind, there are even tinier tracks, like Lydden (which is basically a bit of tarmac in the middle of a fairly big field), and knockhill, which seems to have kerbs that are wider than the track itself!
Quote from tristancliffe :The rear track control arm is a bit bent, but it'll probably straighten. It was too hard to check the car over properly in the muddy Cadwell paddock, so rather than risk driving a car without wings that is designed for them (stiff suspension etc) we opted to play it safe. I'd already won the championship, so there was little point in risking it...

It's hardly bent if you can't tell from the photo. Attached is a properly bent one and photo of trackside straightening job. For some reason driver reckoned it was only suitable for pushing into the truck, he had a point though as he wouldn't have got very far in the second race with one driveshaft and a free diff

Quote from Jordan2007 :i got banned from karting for having a fight... otherwise i would be doing it today probally and be absolutly No Where

Oh dear, if you were behaving like this at an age where you were supposedly considered mature enough to race and find it funny I really don't want to see you in a car
Attached images
DSCF0887.JPG
DSCF0889.JPG
DSCF0891.JPG
Did they not red flag the race shortly after your off? (It looked like they did.)

If so, why don't the positions revert to the end of the previous lap? Ie; you winning?

Congratulations on the championship either way!
I was the reason for the red flag, and UK rules state that the car(s) and driver(s) that cause the red flag aren't classified in the count back.

Annoying, as the marshals on the corner got my hopes up by suggesting I would be classified as the winner!

Cliffe crashes out of the lead
(324 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG