The online racing simulator
Quote from dawguk :No need to take it so personally. This is a discussion board that everybody is perfectly at liberty to contribute to, whether or not they agree or disagree with each other.

Speaking of 0 basis, you've just made statements about me that you also have 0 basis for. Enough already ...

I don't think he took it at all personally. He's not saying you cannot contribute to the discussion either, but your original post did not do anything but echo contributions from other similarly uninformed individuals ("outsiders" perhaps, as you put it). If you do not see the issue, or have experience of it yourself on which to base your comments, then you're not in the position to refer to others' input as "sweeping statements" which cannot be taken seriously.

This issue has been around a long time, the debate is not just an argument for argument's sake, most of us are not in the habit of posting nonsense just to perpetuate a nonsense thread. If people here say it's an issue, it is.
Quote from dawguk :No need to take it so personally. This is a discussion board that everybody is perfectly at liberty to contribute to, whether or not they agree or disagree with each other.

You are the one who find it hard to believe why this tread reached over 10 pages...
Are we that stupid so we need all that pages?
No. It's just people that start this conversation again and again because they get bored to read.

Quote from dawguk :
Speaking of 0 basis, you've just made statements about me that you also have 0 basis for. Enough already ...

Your statements about how we should find other ways than shifting gears fast in order to improve our driving, or how we should count on setup variables before accusing someone for having an unfair advantage, are enough for me to understand that you have no clue on what has been discussed at this thread…
We are not accusing someone just for being faster…
No one said that he is already perfect at anything else and the only way to get a faster lap time is gear changes...
From what I gather no one can tell for sure between macro script and manual button clutch from the replays, so any accusations made here were baseless. All the black list and hating talk, it got ridiculous pretty fast here lol.

Imo this sort of thing can make LFS less fun for those targeted. Maybe they deserve an apology?

After all we're all here just to have fun, right?
Quote from zeugnimod :Stop hotlapping, Ray!

FFS!

Come to [noobs] server and I give you some tips how to improve your racecraft.

Who the hell would join a server filled with gay's that don't even know the direction to drive?
Quote from IDUI :From what I gather no one can tell for sure between macro script and manual button clutch from the replays, so any accusations made here were baseless. All the black list and hating talk, it got ridiculous pretty fast here lol.

You can’t prove it via the online hotlap analyzer.
You can speculate the use of it when you see constantly machine-like timed shifts without using AC…
And this is indeed just a speculation…
Most of the drivers that where known to use that macro… only tried to prove that it doesn’t give you any advantage or that also mouse users have other advantages so they are even... not that they don’t use it.
(some common sense is needed here).

And here the most of the discussion was about if its write or wrong to do it…
The use of macro button clutch was known long before and I see noware a blacklist
Well the only thing i got to say is, In real life you do every little possible thing you can to gain any advantage possible. Everyone on lfs is capable of using a button for clutch and shifting faster. So i dont understand why everyone is bitching, just set a button to clutch and go out there and beat them, Yea pushing a button isnt realistic for a clutch, But NEITHER IS AUTOCLUTCH!

On the side note i do think that a macro is bs, And it would be nice if that was detectable, But i Have no problem with someone actually pushing a button to clutch instead of auto, Ive done it for years and i still do it when i get on, And i will continue to do it untill you all complain enough to get it banned because your too lazy to push a button for a clutch
I think the main argument on that thread has to do with the use of macro that automatically presses the button clutch with the gear change.
So I keep that comment.
Quote from Modoff :
On the side note i do think that a macro is bs, And it would be nice if that was detectable,

When operating button clutch by hand there is still a chance to miss shift trying to sync it perfectly and that explains to me the small advantage over autoclutch.
Anyway the use of button clutch in general has been discussed in older threads.
I don’t think that any in game option is an unfair advantage.
It’s there because pedal clutch is not standard in all wheel sets so there must be an alternative way to use the clutch somehow in a sim.
i think its turned into a mercury vs spainish community event almost...

btw sorry dawguk, if i came accross as an arsehole, i had a short fuse last night
you're right about the setup, but even still, if you drive the set you are driving on properly, there shouldnt be much of a gap in lap times, if you look at the close wrs, most people have totally different lines and/or setups anyway
Quote from IDUI :After all we're all here just to have fun, right?

This is the most sensible thing that I have read in this whole thread (which I didn't read, by the way, I just posted blindly...)
That was a new one: bawbag being an inconsistant racer

PS. Where were those guys living the last couple-triple of years?
Maranello46 don't use a translator, I see in your text Spanish words.

---- In spanish for maranello46---

Tio, no uses el traductor que se te han colado palabras en castellano y algunas con faltas de ortografía en castellano y por eso no se han traducido al inglés. Revistalo antes de postear que tiene razón el chaval :P

----

PD: Yes, in spanish is too long to express something
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :IMO, they are just unfair because its an option IN-GAME, i wasn't talking about just dorwing out spanish BC and macro users, i meant drown them out on general no matter what nationality they are, but i genrealised the spanish as at the time when this was mentioned to me i only saw about 5 spanish guys using it so i generalised it to them.

And thanks buddy.....

DFP wheel user racist...
Quote from Napalm Candy :Maranello46 don't use a translator, I see in your text Spanish words.

---- In spanish for maranello46---

Tio, no uses el traductor que se te han colado palabras en castellano y algunas con faltas de ortografía en castellano y por eso no se han traducido al inglés. Revistalo antes de postear que tiene razón el chaval :P

----

PD: Yes, in spanish is too long to express something

You have reason, sorry for my bad english

Alone I have wanted to intervene, because neither Arechee nor Zanini does traps.

A greeting

------------------
La verdad que tienes razón, pero no me di cuenta al escribirlo rápido la verdad que no se entiende nada el texto jaja.
From an outside perspective I'd reckon this thread should have been closed a long long time ago...
why? it doesnt have to be closed for people to not post anything in it...
Years ago, in ESL Pro Series I brought up that topic already. At that time it was considered as a "cheat" because of use of third party addon. I still consider it as a cheat because of use of a third party addon. It would be legal if LFS itself would give the possibility, but it doesn't!
This is a joke, imo, that guy Zanini beating WR's with the script... like wth going .40 below some current WR's.
yes today again some uber times... man man man realy hope that the fix it in next patch macro users....
Hope he get banned from LFS by all means.
Sure, we all race by equally settings right? Oh no I forgot, I put in a macro and can gain som 10'ths of a second >.<

Might not be much, but it's cheating, and whoever using that script / macro / button thingy ain't a friend of mine.

But, as long the dev's don't do anything by it or calls it cheating there's really not much I or other can do, I do just hope that Zanini stops using it, at least when it comes to battle of the WR's.
but hey, i can use tweak or the speed cheating just to increase how much? let's say 10kph ... it's the same as the macro... but whatever, they're gonna come and say it's ok it's button clutch
Quote from chanoman315 :but hey, i can use tweak or the speed cheating just to increase how much? let's say 10kph ... it's the same as the macro... but whatever, they're gonna come and say it's ok it's button clutch

the replay would be out of sync then...
Auto clutch vs script
Hi!

Since XFG at blackwood seems to be the most common combo out there I thought it would be nice to do I nice hotlap with that combo.

I finally reached 1.33.38, but in the hotlap chart at LFS world I saw the column AC (is that Autoclutch?). All faster drivers did not have a X in the AC box. Do all faster use macro or script then?

I didn´t know anything about this script before I made a search in this forum about autoclutch.

Please give me an answer
It's hard to tell whether they use a macro script or button clutch, but it's one of them at least
Quote from [DUcK] :It's hard to tell whether they use a macro script or button clutch, but it's one of them at least

probably both
Maybe this issue has helped the decline in LFS online racers?
The main thing that plays a part in my decision to continue playing a game is the cheaters. Thats why I dont bother with the BF2 & BF2142 games anymore , they are infested with cheats.

I wonder if this is done in other sims like IRacing?

SD.

Is this a cheat?
(625 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG