The online racing simulator
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I never said BC was a cheat, i said it was unfair, ok for me you can use it all you want until the devs decide to put and end to it but if you want to be regarded as a top driver in the community, STOP USING IT. None will get any respect from me whilst using it and i think i speak for alot of people when i say that.

End of discussion for me.

Oh and for "people using FF are cheaters" No they're not, not their fault their wheel is better than yours, you wouldn't see McLaren go to the FIA because Ferrari are cheating because they have a better car would you? Same goes for LFS.

Wel i can't see Ferrari going to the Fia because they have autoclutch and McLaren has a faster buttonclutch on the wheel either I don't use it, but it's a function in the game so it's not cheating. In fact you could see a wheel with a buttonclutch as a better wheel compare to a wheel with a clutchpedal (your own example, not mine).
Quote from marzman :Wel i can't see Ferrari going to the Fia because they have autoclutch and McLaren has a faster buttonclutch on the wheel either I don't use it, but it's a function in the game so it's not cheating. In fact you could see a wheel with a buttonclutch as a better wheel compare to a wheel with a clutchpedal (your own example, not mine).

Read my post again i NEVER said it was cheating, just the fact i think its unfair, i know myself and lots of other drivers won't be giving the top spanish guys credit for being great drivers if they don't stop using it and show us.

@RocksGT - Paddles aren't really a problem, some GTR cars have paddle shifts, but they don't have a clutch button. I have only 2 pedals on my DFP so i use AC for the simple reason being it is unfair, im not too bothered about being faster, i will gain more by learning from other people and with practice. Everyone should be trying to improve their times by homing in on their driving, not switiching to button clutch or macro.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :@RocksGT - Paddles aren't really a problem, some GTR cars have paddle shifts, but they don't have a clutch button.

Not in LFS. Either paddles nor clutch button. FZR has H shifter. XRR and XFR has stick. If you have a DFP and you use paddles instead of the stick for gearing in GTR's and stock you're choosing a hardware configuration more unrealistic than you could and one config that it's easier to master for better times
Is that unfair too?
If you treat LFS as a game then you will use the fastest "legal" means available to you while if you treat it as a sim then you will use the most realistic method available which may or may not be fast.

I personally sit on the fence abit here, while I'd love to persue realism to the nth degree many times I don't so as to remain some what competitive and also to keep the peace in my household. People like bladerunner inspire me to just go full hardcore though and once I have built a sim racing cockpit I'll likely never look back
Quote from RocksGt :Not in LFS. Either paddles nor clutch button. FZR has H shifter. XRR and XFR has stick. If you have a DFP and you use paddles instead of the stick for gearing in GTR's and stock you're choosing a hardware configuration more unrealistic than you could and one config that it's easier to master for better times
Is that unfair too?

Not anywhere near as much as BC in my opinion, using paddles will hardly gain you virtually nothing, depending on what car im in i will use paddles or the sequential shifter, it doesn't matter as its just easier for me where as BC isn't easier for the driver it just makes you faster thats why its unfair.
#531 - -M-
Quote from Flotch : I mean you do not see the same thing, do you?

OK, my fault, I was thinking only in º

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :@RocksGT - Paddles aren't really a problem, some GTR cars have paddle shifts, but they don't have a clutch button.

In most racing cars clutch acts almost like a button... The difference is you use it with your hand instead using a foot... Is unfair to use an axis clutch in the wheel, like RGT owners?
Anyway it's always possible to calibrate the clucth so you can activate it at 100% with very low pressure...

Quote from RocksGt :If you have a DFP and you use paddles instead of the stick for gearing in GTR's and stock you're choosing a hardware configuration more unrealistic than you could and one config that it's easier to master for better times
Is that unfair too?

Lol I hate DFP paddles... For me it is easier the stick. Maybe I'm cheating with some cars wich are supossed to have paddles
Quote from -M- :Anyway it's always possible to calibrate the clucth so you can activate it at 100% with very low pressure...

Yeah I'm beginning to think the only way to get a fair system that is dificult to circumvent is for LFS to detect the range of raw numbers that an axis churns out and then add a dampening factor if it is too small or too quick (this could be applied to all axis) and the button clutch and autclutch should use identical routines for the actual simulated press of the clutch. That would then encourage alot more people to make full use of their hardware.
how can you know if they are using the script on the analyzer?...Im using it and i see some MRT hotlaps that the clutch is being used but only half of it...
Bawbag You're not a bit heavy guy? Rather than talk because they do not prove you're better than Arrechee, Zanini or pecholobo them and start to beat their wr?

These show that you are a bad loser, but in the end what matters is not a good hot lapeador, but have a good race pace, but by what I see you only dedicais time to make wr. While Arrechee Zanini and what they do is also batiros of your wr luegon maintain good rhythms.

More racing and less hot Lap.
I find it hard to believe that this discussion has even been going on for 10 pages, let alone 18.

If it's a game feature, then everybody has access to it and therefore it's all fair. It's your choice if you want to use it or not.

If it's an addon that achieves something that wasn't intended by the developers, this is in MY opinion cheating.

And Let's be brutally honest, affecting how the clutch is disengaged or engaged should make such a TINY difference anyway. If you feel that it's really worth 18 pages of forum discussion, then perhaps you need to look elsewhere at your driving, and not how fast you can change gear.
Quote from Maranello46 :Bawbag You're not a bit heavy guy? Rather than talk because they do not prove you're better than Arrechee, Zanini or pecholobo them and start to beat their wr?

These show that you are a bad loser, but in the end what matters is not a good hot lapeador, but have a good race pace, but by what I see you only dedicais time to make wr. While Arrechee Zanini and what they do is also batiros of your wr luegon maintain good rhythms.

More racing and less hot Lap.

The day you can speak an understandable English is the day you should come back to this forum and re write this post. I have no idea what your trying to say....
i think what he's trying to say ray, is that, he himself is asking for a 1 hour race at AS GP with the XRR between you, zaniwiana, pechololo and arrecheeee
-
(Kdovi) DELETED by Kdovi
Quote from dawguk :I find it hard to believe that this discussion has even been going on for 10 pages, let alone 18.

If it's a game feature, then everybody has access to it and therefore it's all fair. It's your choice if you want to use it or not.

If it's an addon that achieves something that wasn't intended by the developers, this is in MY opinion cheating.

And Let's be brutally honest, affecting how the clutch is disengaged or engaged should make such a TINY difference anyway. If you feel that it's really worth 18 pages of forum discussion, then perhaps you need to look elsewhere at your driving, and not how fast you can change gear.

no. thats not what its about. its about drivings being relatively even untill some guy comes along and beats you by 0.3, and his driving isnt even that much better. if they beat you with ac so be it, they may have gotten lucky with a good lap or they are better at that combo than you, but really its been going on for 18 pages cos people keep coming on and saying "it doesnt make that much difference... blah blah"
/end
Quote from [DUcK] :no. thats not what its about. its about drivings being relatively even untill some guy comes along and beats you by 0.3, and his driving isnt even that much better. if they beat you with ac so be it, they may have gotten lucky with a good lap or they are better at that combo than you, but really its been going on for 18 pages cos people keep coming on and saying "it doesnt make that much difference... blah blah"
/end

Totally agree with you. Hope the ones uing macro get's banned.
IMO!!!!!
Oh wait, I read it again and I understand some now

His first point is that instead of talking I should take their WR, ok tick that box, but then he says taking WR is not what's important, what's important is going fast all the time which he claims they are pro at. Then I guess "but by what I see you only dedicais time to make wr" mean's that I don't have the ability to hold such pace all the time, awww.

I have a suggestion, why don't all the Spanish pros enter a team in the MoE, then they can test their awesome abilities.
Basically, he said that beating areeccchhhee or zaniniiiiii's hotlaps does not prove your a better driver than they are, just your a better hotlapper. He tells you you dont have as good a race pace as they do and you should race more instead of hotlapping.

I think you should actually know the person your talking about before you open your mouth as bawbag is the complete opposite to what you've just said. Maybe we should organise some sort of race to settle this once and for all...
Quote from Bawbag :I have a suggestion, why don't all the Spanish pros enter a team in the MoE, then they can test their awesome abilities.

lol...
Whoa, nice spanglish there, what I understand from the second paragraph is that he says that Bawbag isn't constant in his lap times.

Quote from Maranello46 :That shows that you are a bad loser, but in the end what matters is not how good you are doing a hotlap but how good (constant?) is your race pace, but by what I see you only dedicate your time to make wr while Arrechee, Zanini [(the text between [] doesn't add anything and should be ignored) and what they do is] beat your wr while also maintaining good (lap?) rhythm (times?).

That was a nice piece of broken english.
Quote from [DUcK] :no. thats not what its about. its about drivings being relatively even untill some guy comes along and beats you by 0.3, and his driving isnt even that much better. if they beat you with ac so be it, they may have gotten lucky with a good lap or they are better at that combo than you, but really its been going on for 18 pages cos people keep coming on and saying "it doesnt make that much difference... blah blah"
/end

that's fair enough, but just because someone isn't driving that much better than you and skimming your lap times, it doesn't mean they're cheating. they might have hit a sweet spot with a setup, for example. there's a hell of a lot of variables to take into account before sweeping statements as such can be taken seriously. and no, i'm not taking sides at all here, just taking an outsiders view
I don’t demand from you to read all those 18pages to have a clue on what is being discussed here.
But you could just resist posting…
This topic is that long because people like you post from 0 basis recycling the topic’s discussion again and again…

We talk strictly and only for that small but crucial advantage someone has when using an outside application to macro the button clutch operation with the gear change.

The advantage only in straight acceleration of the consistent-effortless use of the button clutch has been proven here.
(the advantage over normal Autoclutch)

To an average racer that advantage may seem ridiculously small, but it’s there and when the lap time differences come down to 10milisec it’s quite apparent…

If you don’t care just don’t post.
Quote from kaynd :I don’t demand from you to read all those 18pages to have a clue on what is being discussed here.
But you could just resist posting…
This topic is that long because people like you post from 0 basis recycling the topic’s discussion again and again…

We talk strictly and only for that small but crucial advantage someone has when using an outside application to macro the button clutch operation with the gear change.

The advantage only in straight acceleration of the consistent-effortless use of the button clutch has been proven here.
(the advantage over normal Autoclutch)

To an average racer that advantage may seem ridiculously small, but it’s there and when the lap time differences come down to 10milisec it’s quite apparent…

If you don’t care just don’t post.

No need to take it so personally. This is a discussion board that everybody is perfectly at liberty to contribute to, whether or not they agree or disagree with each other.

Speaking of 0 basis, you've just made statements about me that you also have 0 basis for. Enough already ...
@Maranello46: I can assure you that Bawbag is also fast in races. He dominated the OLFSL when I was active there.

At least I heard so ... because my skills never were sufficient to race on server 1 where he usually competed with the other fast guys.
Stop hotlapping, Ray!

FFS!

Come to [noobs] server and I give you some tips how to improve your racecraft.
Quote from Bawbag :The day you can speak an understandable English is the day you should come back to this forum and re write this post. I have no idea what your trying to say....

I'm sorry for the text, it had not relay the truth and that is not understood.

Sorry for my bad english.
Quote from Bawbag :Oh wait, I read it again and I understand some now

His first point is that instead of talking I should take their WR, ok tick that box, but then he says taking WR is not what's important, what's important is going fast all the time which he claims they are pro at. Then I guess "but by what I see you only dedicais time to make wr" mean's that I don't have the ability to hold such pace all the time, awww.

I have a suggestion, why don't all the Spanish pros enter a team in the MoE, then they can test their awesome abilities.

But neither I like that you've wanted to say, I care for speaking your language when you do not put anything in efforts to understand what I write.

If we want to do it in Castilian

Thanks for help pearcy_2k7

Is this a cheat?
(625 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG