The online racing simulator
I think there should be some form of anti-macro detection similar to VAC; hotlaps with dodgy gearshifts should be insta deleted, and if you constantly use the macro I support bans in the same way as speedhacks. Same level of cheating, harder to detect.
#352 - -M-
Quote from duke_toaster :I think there should be some form of anti-macro detection similar to VAC; hotlaps with dodgy gearshifts should be insta deleted, and if you constantly use the macro I support bans in the same way as speedhacks. Same level of cheating, harder to detect.

It should be possible to make a "macro" without using software
Quote from xaotik :Macro = program sends button or axis command to LFS
Result = bar will move regardless.
You lost.
Sorry.

Probably cause of low packets value of server, the macro works faster than packets allow others to notice it, AC is 100ms, while macro can be as fast as 50ms afaik

The easiest way to fix this problem, IMO, is just to remove Clutch button rate, and make it a static value a user cannot alter
CTRA servers are (or at least should be) set to 6 PPS, so they are updated every 0.16666... of a second...
Quote from -M- :It should be possible to make a "macro" without using software

I meant VAC in the principle, not execution. It could be monitored by detecting the speeds of gearshifts, if they are reguarly faster than a human can do it with those settings the hotlap can be flagged as suspect and removed, if several hotlaps are flagged as suspect.

And possibly a "report a cheater to the devs" system could be done, where replays could be uploaded. Some cheats could be auto-detected - a four year old could spot a negative braking speed hack, these macros could be clocked more often than not.
This the text that arrechee want to write here and I will translate to you in my poor english:

"Hi all,

I am very disapointed with the people who said that I do cheat. I don't know how to use the macro. I use the old sidewinder wheel without FF. I use the clutch in a button. THAT'S ALL.

Come to my house and see with your own eyes or use any kind of program for detection of cheats, I don't do cheats at all!

You better run instead of making pain to other people

Arreche"
Quote from TRM.13 :This the text that arrechee want to write here and I will translate to you in my poor english:

"Hi all,

I am very disapointed with the people who said that I do cheat. I don't know how to use the macro. I use the old sidewinder wheel without FF. I use the clutch in a button. THAT'S ALL.

Come to my house and see with your own eyes or use any kind of program for detection of cheats, I don't do cheats at all!

You better run instead of making pain to other people

Arreche"

You were faster than me

Ok guys, I think some of you were a bit fast as blaming and fingerpointing people... I must say that I thought that arrechee was using the macro because you told that he did and I tought you had analized his HL's before making such an accusation and not only because he's able to lower a WR by a few tenths

I've sent a PM to Zanini too, now I don't know if he's using or not the macro, but now he's awared that the script is considered "not fair" and some people is telling he's beating WR's in an unfair way.

Please, before making such an accusation make sure that what you say is true
I don't know what's truth, but I do know that some exploits the game, and they can say what they want - I don't going to change my opinion about those people.
So, you are accusing without evidences?

Quote from RocksGt :You were faster than me

Ok guys, I think some of you were a bit fast as blaming and fingerpointing people... I must say that I thought that arrechee was using the macro because you told that he did and I tought you had analized his HL's before making such an accusation and not only because he's able to lower a WR by a few tenths

I've sent a PM to Zanini too, now I don't know if he's using or not the macro, but now he's awared that the script is considered "not fair" and some people is telling he's beating WR's in an unfair way.

Please, before making such an accusation make sure that what you say is true

Oh yes its true,me and few ppl on lfw chatbox were watching all the wrs they made,with the script.may i ask cant they shift with autoclutch and liftoff just like the other users?
no they cant someway they need to be fast because the usually can'T
So now button clutch without macro is also cheat?
Quote from RocksGt :So now button clutch without macro is also cheat?

who said that,where did u get it from?
Quote from e2mustang :who said that,where did u get it from?

From here:
Quote from e2mustang :Oh yes its true,me and few ppl on lfw chatbox were watching all the wrs they made,with the script.may i ask cant they shift with autoclutch and liftoff just like the other users?

Quote from baSh0r :no they cant someway they need to be fast because the usually can'T

Why do you say "with the script"? Who are you referring to? arrechee has said he didn't use the script ever... could you prove he did?
Quote from RocksGt :So now button clutch without macro is also cheat?

Your finger pressing the button clutch is not cheat, but an external program by engaging you do is cheat.
I knew it wouldn't take long before this descended into finger pointing and accusations. It isn't necessary, and it makes the whole thing seem even more petty than it already is!

Button clutch isn't a cheat, the game allows it, I wish it didn't - it's stupid and nonsensical that it should even exist, especially that faster shifts should be possible with it, but it's there so using it is fair play as much as reducing brake force.

Just let's keep the argument away from personal attacks no?
Quote from jscorrea :Your finger pressing the button clutch is not cheat, but an external program by engaging you do is cheat.

Ok, someone said before the opposite, but anyway, arrechee said that he uses button clutch, no script and no macro. He just have the clutch assigned to a wheel button and he presses it at every gear shift... don't see what the problem is
I belive that arrechee ever used clutch button, whitout any kind of macro, since s1 days. Why he has to changue because you don´t like?

If clutch button is really unfair, why Scawen don´t remove it?

P.D. sorry my poor english.
We well see in next patch as this macro thing isnt possible to use anymore if there still that fast then oke there aliens if there not the were leiing
Let us dispell some myths that are getting propegated far too often in this thread:

Myth 1. Macro clutch gives super human clutch speed. Simply not true, I have shown clearly that a manual clutch shift (G25) is as fast and in the majority of times actually significantly faster than a macro shift. Also I clearly showed that the times the clutch took to depress and release with autoclutch and the macro were actually very close.

Myth 2. Macro clutch is impossibly consistent. From the experiments I did I could plainly see that this is simply not true. The macro clutch was actually quite inconsistent, the times it took to change could vary by more than 30% with the occassional misshift thrown in for good measure. The autoclutch on the other hand was remarkably consistent.

Myth 3. The autoclutch is realistic and the macro clutch is unrealistic. Again simply not true. The macro and button clutch actually more closely mimics a real manual clutch shift than does the autoclutch. The way the autoclutch depresses the clutch is 100% NOT realistic. The autoclutch fails the realism test by a mile

Ok so now we have got those myths out of the way, why is it so eveident that a button clutch shift or macro clutch shift is faster (in lap time) than the autoclutch and fully manual clutch shifter?

Several reasons for this as listed below:
  1. Under brakes. Over a G25 user who uses clutch pedal the macro shift or button clutch method is faster as the driver can left foot brake while modulating throttle much more easily than the poor old full G25 user. This enables the driver to be far more consistent and even more aggressive in the braking zones. While the autoclutch driver can also do the same as the button clutch or macro shift driver he doesn't get quite the same advantage because of the way the autoclutch depresses the clutch (which is unrealistic) causing the car to become unbalanced more easily making it more difficult to drive at the limit.
  2. Accelerating. Those that use a full manual clutch will have a clear advantage here as it is definately faster than any of the other methods. Using a button clutch or macro shift method is the runner up in this category with the autoclutch trailing behind miserably, but this is only the case because of the unrealistic nature of the autoclutch. The autoclutch, button clutch and macro shifting methods all result in very similar shift times so if the autoclutch actually more closely resembled the action of a real clutch depress/release cycle it would give near identical performance to the button clutch and macro shift methods. In fact it would probably be faster than the macro clutch due to its higher consistency!
So in conclusion what is the solution to this whole debacle?
  • Is it to vilify button clutch and macro shift users? What is possibly constructive about that I ask? It is not the button clutch or macro shifting that is giving the advantage (a majority of opinion saying it is doesn't make it true) - it is that the autoclutch is behaving in an unrealitic manner thus giving them a disavantage over ALL other methods.
  • No the best outcome is to see the autoclutch brought into line with how a manual clutch works thus eliminating the disadvantage it has over the other methods. The plus side is that there will be a step forwards in the way cars handle at the limit for autoclutch users.
My opinion of this whole matter is that it is much the same situation we had with the high nose bug. We all had to put up with it's unrealistic nature and the advantage people would get if they used it. Those that treated LFS as a sim refused to take advantage of the bug and those that treated LFS like a game had no problem taking advantage of it as everyone could do it if they wanted. The same is true with the autoclutch except that it is in reverse, the bug gives a disadvantage rather than an advantage.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :We well see in next patch as this macro thing isnt possible to use anymore if there still that fast then oke there aliens if there not the were leiing

That's not necesary

arrechee is in LFS since S1 times and he always was one of the fastest... I can tell that almost every combo he raced at the league he beat the WR. I remember great battles with Worm and biggie beating the WR several times during the week all three of them :bowdown:... and at that time no one talk about shift macro

Now the HL's are recent and many of them are not very competitive, so it's possible to lower the WR several tenths (not by me, of course )...
im not talking only about him but all macro users
Quote from Rudy van Buren :im not talking only about him but all macro users

Ok, but you can be sure he is not using it

By the way, you've made an incredible job at FeBlack - FZR just tested it for getting a time for the inscription and your time is just :jawdrop:
Quote from TRM.13 :So, you are accusing without evidences?

There is a lot of evidences, so don't try to pretend you all got clean hands.

But really, I don't care. I have seen people using that cheat online, you can tell it by abnormally fast gear chance in slow S1 cars, aswell no heat what so ever on the clutch.
If your fine using it - do it, but don't expect that I ever will be showing you any respect.
And yes, I am not pointing directly to you, but the people that has been, and are using it.
Quote from jscorrea :My vote is for the exclusion of the clutch button in the next patch!

Agreed!

A manual clutch should only really be for someone with an analog controller. If anyone goes through the trouble of emulating an analog control with a button then they seriously need to look at themselves and realise what they're doing instead of just practicing and getting better.

Is this a cheat?
(625 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG