The online racing simulator

Poll : Will win Europe?(dont just take your favo, vote real)

Lewis Hamilton
Felipe Massa
Kimi Raikkonen
Heikki Kovalainen
Robert Kubica
Fernando Alonso
Nick Heidfeld
Timo Glock
Very dull track, with shitty surroundings as well. Probably one of the worst tracks overall - wide but without passing opportunities, too much runoff, dull backgrounds, far too dusty... I'm sure it's great fun to drive an F1 car around, but it's probably the worst track to watch someone else drive an F1 car around.
Quote from xaotik :You are approaching it from the wrong angle: it's because we like F1 and don't want it to end up being complete shit that we oppose it's current state. If no one voices their opinion on it loud enough then we'll all be watching (more) 200km/h parades.

Yea, I'll agree with you on this one. I just don't like the way people continue to bitch on HERE. Sign a petition or something.
I agree with all you said Tristan exept the passing oppotunities. There are quite a bit of turns were passing is possible but the fact that the drivers couldn't keep up with whoever was in front of them is what made it like a parade.
Which, to me, makes them not passing opportunites... You can have all the corners theoretically perfect for overtaking, but stick the wrong corner combination before them and they are just a waste of tarmac.

In the lower formulae I gather it was a lot better in this regard though, and hopefully in 2010 Valencia will prove to be okay (but not great) if it's still on the calender.
Quote from tinvek :what i meant was that unlike say a1 where they can only push to pass a certain number of times, in f1 they can release it whenever its got something to give providing it doesn't exceed the one lap energy limit so the driver in front will be able to press it whenever the car behind uses it

How does it work in A1GP? In now obsolete Champ Car it was something like 60 seconds per race.
Monte Carlo.
Quote from deggis :How does it work in A1GP? In now obsolete Champ Car it was something like 60 seconds per race.

I think you get 7 (6-7) bursts which give you a little extra for say 5 seconds, so you have to pick and choose your battles, whereas the F1 system its a constantly regenerating source of turbo boost, however i dont know what sort of recharge rate your getting, otherwise it'll be more like an arcade game where half the time your letting it charge and the other half your turboing round the track.

I like the effort being put into finding ways to make overtaking possible, but it hasnt filled me with confidence that drivers wont cancel each other out. Ive only seen 3-4 A1GP races and they display when a driver is using their boost (as well as how many they have available to them) and more often than not when the attacking driver uses it the defending guy is too, and thats with a limited 'once its gone you dont get it back' system, not a 'wait Xmin and use it again' system which F1 seems to be implementing.
Its not a huge gain like you have in arcade games either, but provided they dont just cancel each other out every time someone boosts, maybe it'll improve the frequency of chances of overtaking, and when there are chances to overtake then theres at least something to see even if they cant pull it off, right now the drivers rarely need to drive defensively because the attacker cant get close enough unless its a slower car, if its on equal pace you rarely see chances come.
Quote :"When the fuel nozzle is connected to the car, you see that there is a red light on," he explained, "At a certain moment, you see that there is a flashing light that is close to the red light, telling the driver that he has to be ready. Then, as soon as the nozzle comes off, the light becomes green - unless the guy controlling the pit-stop position overrides it manually because there is a car in the fast lane coming through."

Stefano Domenicali.
boost is a big waste of time imo, again it will just see drag races on the pit straits..

having boost ist gona do shit for over taking and FIGHTING!!, the fastest car can be held up the whole race by the slowest car in f1 these days THATS the problem not some turbo button idea from star-trek...

yes we will see more passes granted, kimi comes out of the lest turn onto the pitstrait behind say vitel, he hits the button and makes the pass (if as you say the dont cancel each other out first), thats not racing well not f1 anyway...

i want to see nose to nose stuff again, fighting for the line, you know a BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!! not some half arsed attemt to make a specticle....
Quote from Gizz :
i want to see nose to nose stuff again

Sounds catastrophic.

I agree about the boost button though. It's a really lazy idea, just a gimmick. If it actually works, and is the reason for most overtakes, then it just devalues the competition in my opinion. I don't really want to see an overtake because someone could press a button while another could not. It does nothing for A1GP, or any other series which uses it, although the F1 system works in a slightly different way.
If we write to the TV companies we could get more lower formulae shown - FFords, FBMW, ClubF3, ClubFF; heck, even my own Monoposto club - they would be a big hit with TV audiences most of time in terms of passing, accidents, slides and personalities (I'm sure you'd all agree I'd be a lot more entertaining being interviewed on TV than, say, Hamilton, because I'd speak my mind! )...

But everyone watches F1, so they keep showing it.
Quote from sinbad :Sounds catastrophic.

LOL i didnt get that untill about the third time reading it :doh: i think i need to think things through before typing LOL

tristancliffe

although i hate to agree with you here im afraid ya right m8, we can B1tch and moan all day but they still get the same tune in everyweek, sooo yeaa..

trouble is when it does get that bad you just carnt watch for fear of you sanity we will probably loose f1 all together due to lack of £$£$

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG