The online racing simulator

Poll : Will win Europe?(dont just take your favo, vote real)

Lewis Hamilton
Felipe Massa
Kimi Raikkonen
Heikki Kovalainen
Robert Kubica
Fernando Alonso
Nick Heidfeld
Timo Glock
But that's not new either - various cars have oil fed rods
What about cars with hollow cam lobes (i think they are lobes anyway, the cams on the camshaft my technical words have failed me) to put the oil through then?
Just seen some of the practice sessions and I was more than a little dissapointed with the track, I dunno what I was really expecting but it just looks empty and dull and I wouldn't call it a street circuit.

Just another massive, boring F1 track

Hopefully with all the cars on track during the race it will prove to be better.
Quote from garph :

Just another massive, boring F1 track

I think the track is ok.
Not the best track evver but ok.

I think there will be some good races there so don't say it's bad allready, wait for the race.
If they would have let the cars close to the wall and the road follow the scenery it would have been exciting.

But they decided to put curbs 1 to 3 meters infront of every wall, and instead of making the track following the scenery they painted white lines randomly over what seems to be parking lots. Add to that the restriction of using all the width of the track by adding useless curbs very early at the exit of the turns and 2nd gear left / right combinations. What were they thinking, how the hell should that be exciting?

This Track will never be a Monte Carlo, Long Beach, Detroit, or a Montreal.
The main focal point of the track also has the worst view ever, it's just bloody cranes, they are even trying to do artistic shots of the hooks hanging from those cranes, it's awful.
Quote from zeugnimod :I think the track is even more boring than Monaco. Just as Monaco, barely any passing opportunities and the walls aren't as close to the track as in Monaco.

If it doesn't rain it will be very boring, I guess.

Let it rain then

Its raining f1 men haleluja,
I want the same crazyness as on Silverstone
mmmh in my opinion, boring track
It might actually rain.
Actually, it won't xD
Eejit. :sadbanana
What do people in this thread mean when they call it a boring track.... If you drove this track for real, you would be on the seat of your pants ffs, it's an awesome track. Whether or not it will provide good racing or not is a different thing, but how can you say it's boring, the final sector, before the final corner is breathtaking.... And that's not even talking about the pit-lane EXIT!
Quote from BlueFlame :Whether or not it will provide good racing or not is a different thing

I meant exactly that when I said it is boring. I'm sure every track is exciting for the drivers but I don't drive in F1.

Of course, I am talking from the point of view of a spectator who wants to see exciting races.
Quote from zeugnimod :I meant exactly that when I said it is boring. I'm sure every track is exciting for the drivers but I don't drive in F1.

Of course, I am talking from the point of view of a spectator who wants to see exciting races.

The spectacle of a car screaming between 2 concrete walls about 15 meters apart at over 150mph is enough to keep me satisfied. Maybe your standards are just too high?
Quote from BlueFlame :The spectacle of a car screaming between 2 concrete walls about 15 meters apart at over 150mph is enough to keep me satisfied. Maybe your standards are just too high?

We already have that at Monaco and this just looks as a worse version of Monaco. The walls are further away and they have big run-off areas in most corners. And it may keep me satisfied in practice but on Sunday I want to see a good race and not "just" 20 cars screaming between 2 concrete walls about 15 meters apart at over 150mph.
Quote from BlueFlame :What do people in this thread mean when they call it a boring track.... If you drove this track for real, you would be on the seat of your pants ffs, it's an awesome track. Whether or not it will provide good racing or not is a different thing, but how can you say it's boring, the final sector, before the final corner is breathtaking.... And that's not even talking about the pit-lane EXIT!

What has driving the track got to do with anything? We're not driving the track are we! The whole point is that it should provide good, exciting racing to watch, which it could, but when I first saw the track it looked dull, just like the other wide open F1 tracks When you think of street tracks you think of something a little more exciting or full of features, something with a little more soul.
This track reminds me of Macau and an American track that i cannot remember. :P
Quote from BlueFlame :This track reminds me of Macau and an American track that i cannot remember. :P

NO. Macau is way tighter, has absolutely no run-off areas and is run between the houses on real streets, not like Valencia, where there's no scenery at all... And even Long Beach had elevation changes, whereas this is a flat, boring track in every way...
It is a boring track. Kubica and Sutil also had the guts to speak out and say they were underwhelmed because of the huge run off areas and because its not really a street circuit. It would have been awesome if they would have let the cars run threw the streets of Valencia, aiming the car to the walls like they do in Monco, Detroit, Long Beach... but in Valencia they put curbs way infront of all walls, that is so dull. Imagine they would move all the barriers in Monaco 1 meter back and put curbs were the walls have been, all the excitement and quarakter of the track would be gone. In Valencia, they just done that.
Quote from bbman :NO. Macau is way tighter, has absolutely no run-off areas and is run between the houses on real streets, not like Valencia, where there's no scenery at all... And even Long Beach had elevation changes, whereas this is a flat, boring track in every way...

How can you tell ME, what I think of a track? Or what a certain track reminds me of another? You can't. So stop talking to ME.

I meant Adeleide anyway.. :P
oh yes dark clouds over track! plz rain!
Quote from DevilDare :oh yes dark clouds over track! plz rain!

If I could decide, I'd rather want rain tomorrow.
It looks like it wants to rain, lets hope the rain is saved for the race though, or at least dump a load on the guys who leave it late so we get some fast guys stuck at the back.
Wow how close is the gird.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG