The online racing simulator
Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
Low profile tires, what a joke.
Quote from tristancliffe :The number plate is illegal, and the bonnet hasn't been painted yet

Funny you should say that about the front plate, since he has had the plate like it he hasnt been stopped only stopped about the back that is the right size, he has put on black dot on the back plate in the middle of the 1 so it makes it look like it says Big, he has been stopped 3 times because of it, he just takes the dot off and he goes on his way, they arent bothered about the front, he finds it strange that they havent bothered about the front also.

If the bonnet was actually black the paint job will be less then what the carbon fibre bonnet cost.
Quote :
They might not have been kerbed, but that doesn't save the car at all

It is one of the nicest Astra vans in the country, the 1.7 diesel is coming out of it soon and replaced with a GSi 200bhp petrol, well when he gets his money, his merc has gone in to get sprayed black what has set him back £1,600
Low profile tyres = nasty ride (dis)comfort ...

And that astra van + M3 mirrors + shoddy 'kit + fugly wheels = fail

Sarge.

EDIT: "It is one of the nicest Astra vans in the country"

Good god man are you blind ?!?! It looks like the biggest waste of money. Ever.
Quote from Equinox :Low profile tyres = nasty ride (dis)comfort ...

And that astra van + M3 mirrors + shoddy 'kit + fugly wheels = fail

Sarge.

The rear bumper and side skirts are from Imercher who tune vauxhalls, the mirrors are actually nice, oh yea and you go and buy those wheels, they will only set you back £2,000

Quote :EDIT: "It is one of the nicest Astra vans in the country"

Good god man are you blind ?!?! It looks like the biggest waste of money. Ever.

Thats your opinion but a lot of people like it, gets a lot of attention at shows. He has been told before why have you modified it, he just says **** off I like it.
His Dad has a black one what has a full Imercher body kit on it, with also 20" chrome wheels, that looks nice aswel.
I bet it's "a real head turner", "individual" and "one of a kind"...
Quote :No one really sticks to the speed limit though do they, all the cars I have been in always go about 10mph over

A lot of people do. If you - or rather your parents as you cant drive - ever slow down enough to take life at a reasonable pace you will notice that not everyone is rushing as fast as they can to have a coronary. Speading is not as common as those who are glued to the rear bumpers of the car in front claim.

I barely ever see anyone speading around here unless I go on the A14, and even then the majority of people dont speed.

It's just the odd twat in a company car or the local idiot in his white Ford Mondeo that he thinks is uber cool because he's 19.
Quote from Dajmin :I bet it's "a real head turner", "individual" and "one of a kind"...

It does turn heads, it was individual but people have started to copy doing the astra vans, but I have yet to see one better then it.
i'd rather buy my first car with that 2 grand rather then those fugly wheels :X

The mirrors are nice. Except thats only when they are retained on the correct damn car !

And its a shame I cant find that front bumper on the Irmscher website, I'd like to buy one :rolleyes:
Quote from Becky Rose :I barely ever see anyone speading around here unless I go on the A14, and even then the majority of people dont speed.

!?

Every 30 limit i've ever been in has had people either doing 35 - 40 or someone fighting off Arthritis at 20...

I've been passed by people doing 60 if not more in a 30 limit...

Most people on the A14 seem to go 60 'round here for some odd reason...
Quote from Equinox :i'd rather buy my first car with that 2 grand rather then those fugly wheels :X

The mirrors are nice. Except thats only when they are retained on the correct damn car !

And its a shame I cant find that front bumper on the Irmscher website, I'd like to buy one :rolleyes:

I said the rear bumper and side skirts were from Irmsher, it used to have a Irmsher front bumper but he changed it to this one, you have to see the van in person to really like it, the pictures dont do it much good, looks a lot better in person.
Isn't the Wira just a mk1 Mitsubushi Lancer?
Quote from danowat :Isn't the Wira just a mk1 Mitsubushi Lancer?

The original Wira (/ Persona) was, but it seems it's been changed a little in it's life by Proton.

Engines are the same, though.

(It's Lancer, NOT the Evo - although some people out there do put Evo GSR engines in them :really

BTW - From 6PM tonight I am insured to drive t3h beast for £989.56 a year - which means no matter what the service thingy says i'm keeping it. Problem is that Dad won't let me drive it 'till I do my Theory...
Yep pretty much a replica but I think Wira is actually a Proton
Picture or IRL, its plain wrong imo

You really must be sad to spend money on an Astra van, its a workhorse, not a showhorse ...

Sarge.
Quote from sam93 :It does turn heads

Maybe it's because they think it's really ugly? People stare at really ugly things. Have you ever seen an incredibly ugly person, and you can't stop staring because you are wondering to yourself "I didn't know people came that fugly". Same concept, except with a car instead of people.
Quote :It is one of the nicest Astra vans in the country

That is one ugly vehicle. The problem here is the view is subjective, to somebody that van is drop dead gorgeous. To people outside of a mental institution it isnt.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Maybe it's because they think it's really ugly? People stare at really ugly things. Have you ever seen an incredibly ugly person, and you can't stop staring because you are wondering to yourself "I didn't know people came that fugly". Same concept, except with a car instead of people.

I tend to actually stare at the decent looking girls.

Quote :That is one ugly vehicle. The problem here is the view is subjective, to somebody that van is drop dead gorgeous. To people outside of a mental institution it isnt.

Basically modified vehicles is like marmite, you either love it or hate it.
lol. :riceboy:
Quote from sam93 :I tend to actually stare at the decent looking girls.

Just because you stare at someone doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to them. I meant when someone is so ugly that you stare because you wonder if they are the most ugly person you have ever seen. Also, if a person has a really weird mole or something wrong with their body, people tend to stare.

EDIT: Especially when they are female and dressed in clothing that makes them look even worse. Like girls trying to get into the smallest possible pants that they can, even if it requires a great amount of force to put them on. And then they end up popping out the top of the pants, known as a "muffin top". Wearing pants that are too tight is similar to putting a body kit on a car. People stare, but they are thinking "damn that's ugly, I want to go tell that person that they are not helping out the look of their car/themselves by doing that" or at least that's what goes on in my head.
Sh*t has really hit the fan with this one
Attached images
qq_mods3.jpg
Quote from Luke.S :This astravan pwns it. http://www.tkbeynon.com/AstraVXRVan1.JPG

It is the VXR

Yes that van is nice, it's your opinion if you like it or not, like I said the van is getting a engine transplant soon so it will be quicker, the best thing about my uncles I think is the sound system, 4 1500watt subs make the whole van shake when its on the highest volume.

No one on here is going to like modified cars but I do, so I dont care what others think.
Quote from sam93 :4 1500watt subs make the whole van shake when its on the highest volume

Is that 1500watts RMS or peak? Also, what kind of enclosure are they in? What is the sensitivity? Just wondering.

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG