The online racing simulator
#26 - JJ72
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Unless you have a full cockpit built, I can't see why you'd turn off the in-game animation. I drive with 720 degrees G25, full manual, but I leave the driver on. Partly because my wheel isn't as big as the monitor, and partly because I don't want to have to gawp down at my wheel to see exactly where it's turning. With in-game driver and wheel on, I can see the tape on the wheel without even taking my eyes off the road

I wouldn't like to see animations taken this far though. As said, it would be an unnecessary distraction while driving, and it would be very hard to time it right. So there

why you need to see the wheel to know where it's pointing? like....you are holding it right?
To be honest. I've seen this done in test drive. Looked awesome, in cars with paddle shifting he just flicks the paddle, and in manual cars, when it nears the shift point he reaches down, and when you take your foot off the pedal he reaches for the stick as if to shift down. It would only have to have a central point, and an animation to each gear in H pattern. ie, 3rd to 4th, animation returns to central point and then into 4th....5th to third would look weird because you have to click twice (unless you have a g25).
Quote from JJ72 :why you need to see the wheel to know where it's pointing? like....you are holding it right?

indeed Even when drifiting with 720* ffb and my hands give me a perfect feel where the wheel at and where I should rotate it
If it's ever implemented for the manual cars devs should make sure the new gear doesnt engage before the hand has even got hold of the gear stick like in the vid.
please lock this thread
Quote from JJ72 :why you need to see the wheel to know where it's pointing? like....you are holding it right?

Because I move my hands when turning? I can obviously tell when it's in the wrong direction, but it is far easier when you can see the tape. Why do you think actual racers put the tape there?
#32 - JJ72
traditionally only rally cars have them, because they have to flick the wheel a lot. but for road racing you shouldn't have to move your hands on the wheel. a minority of road racing wheels have them though.
I've put a bit of yellow tape on the top of my wheel. Works perfectly.
Yea, but the problem is I can't really see my own wheel when playing. I can look down a bit, but then I can't see where I'm going. With the in-game wheel, I can see the tape without taking my eyes off the road
I still use the in car animation because of when i used to use a mouse. now i just got used to it tbh.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yea, but the problem is I can't really see my own wheel when playing. I can look down a bit, but then I can't see where I'm going. With the in-game wheel, I can see the tape without taking my eyes off the road

+1 It depends on the driver in my opinion whether he feels where the steering wheel is pointing or he has to keep an eye on it.

Other than that there is still the option of keeping the animation on for those that like it and off for those that don't, through the options menu. Just like it is right now but with a bit more complicated animation....

Anyway, personally I like that future.
Quote from Not Sure :please lock this thread

Remove your subscription, and don't view it again. That's a personal lock
I suspose this could work if it copyed what TDU does, but seing we when racing, your in high RPM most the time, your driver will be racing with one hand which will look stupid.

Either way, its a +1/-1 from me as i have the driver and wheel turned off in-game.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :...your in high RPM most the time, your driver will be racing with one hand which will look stupid.

Not really as there are some professional racing drivers that use the one-handed steering technique. It's not stupid at all.
To be realy honest reading the coments its either to difficult for now

Or.. the second one wich i agree with its pointles and i dont care about it
Becaus i dont se any use for it

Visible Gear Shifting & Pedal Usage
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG