The online racing simulator
Race Track Density per Country
(56 posts, started )

Poll : Average driving distance to the 3 closest tracks you visit regularly.

100-199 km
<100 km
500+ km
300-399 km
200-299 km
400-499 km
No race tracks in the piece of rock I live
Circuit of El Pinar - 8km
Circuit of El Jagual (now closed) - 150km
i can't remember any other track.. but there are some other tracks, although, they aren't very good, i think here is the only place where all the championship is raced in the same track
Pocono is closest to me, then New Jersey Motorsports park, then Lime Rock, and then Watkins Glen. The Glen is the only one that seems to take long to drive to.
Ahvenisto - 200km
Alastaro - 250km
Botniaring - 300km
Kemora - 150km (Not exactly sure where it is)

Never visited any of those but if I were, I'd head south and check Ahvenisto first.
Tracks I've been visiting:

Ring Knutstorp ~20 km
Mantorp Park 350 km
Scandinavian Raceway Anderstorp 215 km
Falkenbergs Motorbana 170 km
(and some nearby karting tracks, but they don't count)

I never visited Sturup Raceway (40 km) or Kinnekulle Ring (410 km) and then there are a couple of Danish tracks which I never been to. Gotland Ring would also be within some hours driving. (And Linköpings Motorstadium is not far away from Mantorp - perhaps 30 km.)

The list Feffe85 copypasted is interesting. The public road racetrack there was used for sports car racing 1955-1957... But that would have been very close to me.

We have more than one track per million inhabitants here in Sweden!
Quote from SidiousX :But the guy that created this thread, also posted an Oval.

He sure did. However, both Pocono and Hew Hampshire run many more road course events than oval races. Pocono can have multiple road races occuring at the same time.
I don't even know how far i must drive to the closest tracks. 'Near' to me is Rijeka, Monza shouldn't be that far away, Adria speedway is even closer, A1 Ring isn't that far away too, but god knows what's happening there. Anybody know of any tracks near to NW part of Slovenia?

And if you notice, all of the tracks i wrote are in italy, Austria or Croatia. That's right, we don't have a track in Slovenia. THere is something new made on a 500x500 meter piece of land, that is mainly usable for motor bikes and doesn't even have barriers i think and we used to have a 'track' (quite narrow too, with the runoff being half a meter of grass and a barrier besides it) on an old military airfield, but thanks to NATO, the military decided to rebuild the airport or sth and took the track area back.
Quote from Psymonhilly :Mallory Park - 2 miles
Donnington Park - 27 Miles
Silverstone - 41 Miles

Hey I live near you (well, near-ish!)
#36 - Jakg
Rockingham - 90 miles
Donington - 171 miles
Silverstone - 113 miles
Snetterton - 17 miles
Cadwell - 85 miles
Dunsfold - 147 miles
Brands - 70 miles
Santa Pod - 69 miles
Knockhill - 474 miles
Mallory Park - 130 miles
Uruguay: one circuit per 88,110km
I don't know.

Lack of proper tracks in the whole country is quite incredible how motorsport nut country this is.
Nürburgring - Nordschleife : 170km/106miles
Spa Francochamps : 90km/56miles
Zolder : 53km/33miles
Quote from deggis :I don't know.

Lack of proper tracks in the whole country is quite incredible how motorsport nut country this is.

They'd be gravel roads after a year, and since you already have plenty of those and plenty of rally drivers...
Former motorbike circuit 't Loo (Street circuit) : 10km
Lelystad circuit: 31,4km
Luttenbergring (Street circuit): 54,4km
Assen: 97,5km
Zandvoort: 125km
Zolder: 250km
Spa-Francorchamps: 287 km
Nürburgring: 326km

That's about it
Zolder, Belgium ~75km
Nivelles-Baulers, Belgium ~85km
Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium ~150km
Zandvoort, Netherlands ~ 185km
Nurburgring, Germany ~ 290km

It's not that there's that spectacularly many tracks in Belgium, it's just that we're so tiny everything's just a stone's throw away

-Z
1. Kilcornan Kart Track - ~30KM
2. Rosegreen - ~60KM
3. Mondello Park - ~ 100KM

That's about all of the tracks in the south of Ireland, unless you want to count pissy little 300 meter long kiddie-kart tracks

Quite a few real life Finnish tracks have been made for rF.
I have...

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course‎ Lexington, OH 74.6 miles
Nelson Ledges Garrettsville OH 142 miles
Summit Point Raceway Summit Point, WV 326 miles

Now if it was about dirt track, i bet i would wipe you all out...

cant find tracks by the states? look here... http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/

Hmm, Alastaro, Ahvenisto, Botniaring, Kemora. Keimola also, unfortunately not in use anymore. I think these all are pretty good tracks.

+ All the nice gravel roads.

More regularly I visit Ahvenisto ~100 km. I also sometimes visit Alastaro, but not quite often. Also ~100 km. Third could be Botniaring. Never really been there, but the car club I'm member of (Cosworth & RS Club Finland) has sometimes hosted track days there, so that's why it's on my "regular" list, don't see why I couldn't visit it someday. ~220 km.

Most regular would be these nice local gravel roads, but I think I can't count them on this list.

So approximately 140 km.
One crappy oval full of bumps and holes, 50km away. (I've been there 1 time...)
Quote from J@tko :Rockingham - 10 miles
Santa Pod - nearby apparently :S (where is Santa Pod??!!)

Poddington in Northhants
a LONG LONG distance
(i guess hungoraring is the closest)
Quote from Stefani24 :a LONG LONG distance
(i guess hungoraring is the closest)

What about A1 Ring?

Race Track Density per Country
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG