The online racing simulator
What Exactly Is Happening In Georgia?
(89 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :Russia is invading

I wouldn't call a counter strike that puts georgians back on their home territory an invasion.

Besides, the first strike was made by Georgia, WHILE the Olympic games were on, and they killed a hell lot of civilians in that, only then Russia came in to protect.

The Full picture looks like this : Georgia kills civilians in South Osetia while everyone else has a "seize fire", Russia sends 10k troops to South Osetia who make Georgians retreat back to Georgia. Georgian president offers truce, Russia refuses. USA, EU and other countries tend to think Russians are bad guys because it's blocking their oil pipe
Quote from squidhead :Besides, the first strike was made by Georgia,

Afaik, that hasn't been proven yet.
Attached images
russia.gif
A precedent has already been set by a major UN nation that it's ok to go and beat up another country if you want too, even if your motive escapes even your own citizens. I'm a bit confused as to why some people in the West think that Britain and America can take the moral high ground? Russia is only doing what we Westerners have done in the Middle East.

I just hope that those with the big red buttons have some common sense, whilst at the same time being certain in the knowledge that no matter how cynical I am the truth would only dissapoint me.
I think it is more similar to the Balkans than the Middle East.

The Kosovans wanted their little independant state, Serbia didn't like the idea. So we threatened Serbia into letting it happen.

The South Ossetians have been wanting their own little independant state, the Georgians didn't like the idea so they went to war (1990 or so).

18 years later and the Georgians attack and have their arses handed to them by the Russians. Much like UN/NATO would have done to the Serbians had they attacked Kosovo again.
#32 - 5haz
I don't think us NATO lot should critisise Russia for Invading Georgia, seeing as we currently have Afghanistahn and Iraq annexed for our so called 'fight against terrorism'.

Also if Georgia did start the conflict (I'm not saying they did!), then they can only blame themselves, all they have done is awaken a (sort of!) sleeping giant.

Its also quite clear that Russia is doing a lot of Sabre rattling, trying to show the world that it will not be messed with, could it be that Russia is moving more towards having a right wing, nationalist government?

It seems more an more as if Cold War number 2 is beginning, the mistrust between NATO countries and Russia still remains, and it was mistrust that caused the first Cold War afterall.
If america go to war with russia it will be like bfbc.
If the world was 1 nation we wouldnt have this sort of problem, we should all salute a single flag, and we should all worship the Duchess of Dykeness. Me!
Quote from Becky Rose :If the world was 1 nation we wouldnt have this sort of problem, we should all salute a single flag, and we should all worship the Duchess of Dykeness. Me!

Ha, people fight within the same country (look at the various militias all fighting for power in Afghan and Iraq), making the world one nation will not stop war, it'll just make it harder to tell which side the guy you're shooting at is on.

Quote from Bean0 :Who's propaganda and lies is it ?

The Americans.
Quote from 5haz :
Its also quite clear that Russia is doing a lot of Sabre rattling, trying to show the world that it will not be messed with, could it be that Russia is moving more towards having a right wing, nationalist government?

It seems more an more as if Cold War number 2 is beginning, the mistrust between NATO countries and Russia still remains, and it was mistrust that caused the first Cold War afterall.

And heres lies the frighting truth. Putin when he was the President (main guy) he was starting to change Russia, and sielntly invested more and more in the milatery. Now as I understand all/most of the main power in Russian politics is held by the president, and they can only hold office for 4/6 years....I can't remember, but there hapens to be a lower postion than president, which can hold great political power.

So as Putins regin came to an end, he managed to pass changes in the constitution which alowed some, if not all the power to pass from President to Prime Minister, were there is no maximuim length of term impossed, and as Putins party is the biggest in Russia (in the Prime Minister elections Putin got 71.31 % of the vote, comparred to second place guy who got 13.69 %, in a vote which observers had serious questions/doubts over the legality of the vote) it may be a while that he is in office for. Most political experts see Dmitry Medvedev as no more than a puppet to Vladimir Putin, and for me this is a worry.

I'm not agaisnt nations running the way they want, but Gerogia happens to have been a split-away nation from the old Soviet Block, and is also run by a very pro-west leader, I see this as a case of Russia taking back what used to be theres, and also sending out a clear message to the rest of the world. Lets just hope for the time being neither side does anything more to piss the other off.
Quote from squidhead :I wouldn't call a counter strike that puts georgians back on their home territory an invasion.

Besides, the first strike was made by Georgia, WHILE the Olympic games were on, and they killed a hell lot of civilians in that, only then Russia came in to protect.

The Full picture looks like this : Georgia kills civilians in South Osetia while everyone else has a "seize fire", Russia sends 10k troops to South Osetia who make Georgians retreat back to Georgia. Georgian president offers truce, Russia refuses. USA, EU and other countries tend to think Russians are bad guys because it's blocking their oil pipe

That is what all russians / russian speaking people think. Watch more russian channels (RTR Planjeta, etc) and get brainwashed more. The russian goverment knows the power of media resources - and uses that.
Quote from Martinss :That is what all russians / russian speaking people think. Watch more russian channels (RTR Planjeta, etc) and get brainwashed more. The russian goverment knows the power of media resources - and uses that.

Or watch CNN, the least biased news channel is actually the BBC, but only in the early hours of the morning on shows like Hard Talk, when it comes to the basic headlines they still like to paint the Russians as the evil ones.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie : Putin when he was the President (main guy) he was starting to change Russia, and sielntly invested more and more in the milatery. Now as I understand all/most of the main power in Russian politics is held by the president, and they can only hold office for 4/6 years....I can't remember, but there hapens to be a lower postion than president, which can hold great political power.

So as Putins regin came to an end,

Oh, no it don't. Nothing changed tbh, Medvedev is just a doll
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Or watch CNN, the least biased news channel is actually the BBC, but only in the early hours of the morning on shows like Hard Talk, when it comes to the basic headlines they still like to paint the Russians as the evil ones.

You do realise the government booted out Greg Dyke (boss dude of the Beeb) because he wanted the news to remain independant and not have all the news vetted, right?
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Oh, no it don't. Nothing changed tbh, Medvedev is just a doll

yeah I know, I went on to say as much later on in my eassy........sorry post.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :...when it comes to the basic headlines they still like to paint the Russians as the evil ones.

Unfortunately that's the truth.

Read also this...
Quote :Government of Georgia
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, August 12 • 17:50

Tbilisi, Georgia URGENT: Georgia confirms continued presence of massive Russian occupation force, bombings, ethnic cleansing & economic warfare. Contrary to some media reports and to the statement by Russian President Medvedev, Russian occupation forces are fully operational in Georgia with at least 12,000 troops throughout the country, many of them outside of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. This is no way represents a "halt to military operations" or a "halt to war" as many media outlets are reporting.

Specifically, at this hour:

—Russian soldiers occupy the Georgian Black Sea Port of Poti, which they have destroyed and where they have killed nearly 100 civilians. The port is blockaded and their are tanks on the roads outside of Poti.

In recent hours:

—Russian forces have bombed Gori city center for the first time, where two journalists were reported killed today and a hospital was bombed.

—In western Georgia, Russian troops ordered members of the civil administration to abandon their posts

—In Senaki, Russian forces bombed and are believed to have mined a major Georgian army base. The base had been evacuated prior to the attack.

—Most of the ethnic Georgians who were in South Ossetia have been taken to Kurta detention camp by Russian troops or have been killed by separatist paramilitaries. The massacre is continuing.

—Local witnesses are reporting that Russian troops (or Russian allied militia) are verifying the ethnicity of residents and if they are Georgian they are summarily executing them with a bullet to their head. Reports of such massacres are coming from the villages of Nikosi, Kurta, and Armarishili.

—In Agara, a town outside of the conflict zones, an ambulance was bombed.

In recent hours, the Russian invasion forces also have begun a campaign of economic warfare. Among other attacks, they have:

—Bombed a German-owned cement factory in Kaspi

—Bombed and narrowly missed the BTC pipeline near Rustavi.

Not evil enough?
Thats from Georgia though, not exactly unbiased are they.
Now where did I put my challanger II tank and my M16?

Oh yeah and my army.
#47 - 5haz
We must remember that just because some report says something happened, doesn't exactly mean it did happen.

I fear history is repeating itself, the UN is loosing its control over international affairs, large powerful countries are beginning to ignore the UN and any critisism given to them for their actions, just like how Germany ignored the league of nations and showed its might by breaking the terms of the treaty of versailles and invading its neighbouring countries such as the Sudentenland of Czecheslovakia, Russia is re-arming and threatening its neighbours.

Ultimately, back then this lead to a bloody big war, however, this time theres something that the world didn't have back then, nuclear weapons, we're already entering a nuclear standoff with Iran, and they're clearly allies with Russia, who is becoming IMO a major threat.

I know this probrably sounds a bit mad to most of you, but I am actually concerned that the current peace in Europe will not last forever like some politicians like you to think.
Quote from Luke.S :If america go to war with russia it will be like bfbc.

Can´t believe I missed this... You will be the second person on my ignore list but before let me just say this: You Sir, are a f##king idiot. This is not a joke for some snotty little kid safely in his warm home far far away from people dying and suffering. Grow up.

What Exactly Is Happening In Georgia?
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG