The online racing simulator
Do you think I'm thorough enough?
(31 posts, started )
#1 - dev
Pics of my annual car cleaning...

Pics taken in the morning, by now the door panels are out. Front seats were cleaned yesterday and put back in, so I can drive the car while the rest of the interior is drying on the balcony
Lol nice.

Let the interoior out then you are not so heavy and need less fuel
#3 - dev
Quote from Heiko1 :Lol nice.

Let the interoior out then you are not so heavy and need less fuel

137 kg less... I couldn't believe it when I saw the scale :eek:
you only needed to put one seat back in.

Edit: take this opportunity to get a bucket seat.
Quote from Luke.S :you only needed to put one seat back in.

Why would he want a bucket seat in a road car?

uhm...
#8 - dev
Quote from Becky Rose :uhm...

LoL That was before the cleaning It's all nice and shiny now :P

A friend is usually with me in the car, so I needed both And no need for a bucket seat... Some other things are a bigger priority
Just put your friend in the boot.
#10 - dev
Quote from Luke.S :Just put your friend in the boot.

Already tried that... he took quite a beating

p.s. I'm not joking...
Quote from dev : Do you think I'm thorough enough?

You... missed a spot...
bucket seat?
just put the bucket in the back! it doesn't need a seat!
My step uncle will say that the car is still dirty, saying that he does clean his car more then once a week lol, how many times a year do you clean the car?
define: annual

Quote :Something that has an yearly cycle, as some plants and serially published books; happening once every year

I know what annual means, just wondering if he cleans it a little between the year else the car would get really dirty.
I used to do car detailing and we would get cars that had been used on mine sites up north in Western Australia that were caked in red dust (the red dust would get into everything). We used to strip them bare (all carpets seats door trims and rubber seals) Two guys would have the car looking like new inside and out in under four hours It would cost the customer $150 but would add thousands to the value of the car as after it looked like it never been near red dust Brings back memories...
My step uncle would spend longer then 4 hours cleaning and buffering his van to get it up to show car standard lol, nuts really, when I get mine I would proberly be like that also, proberly spend more money keeping the engine clean because I dont like the site of a dirty and rusty engine.
We got paid by the car and so worked like dogs Normal cars that were not so dirty we used to do in 45 mins
Quote from Glenn67 :We got paid by the car and so worked like dogs Normal cars that were not so dirty we used to do in 45 mins

What would you class as not so dirty? My step uncle would say his car is dirty after about a day driving, just little bits of dirt on the side skirts and a little bit of dirt on the wheels but saying that you have to keep a set of chrome 20's clean lol, well saying that a car can never be clean, I say there is nothing wrong cleaning a car all the time shows you look after it.

One thing I hate cleaning is hydraulic oil, grease, fuel and what not you get off of sites off of a car, done my dad's work car a few times and it has took me about 1 hour and a half to get it all of the outside it sticks to the car that well, especially when you dont have to petrol for the pressure washer and stuck with the hose pipe.
Stripping the interior for a cleaning is very through for me. There will be a BMW X5 meet this Saturday and I really have to get this to almost showroom new. I would probably spend close to 3 hours just washing, claying and waxing the car. Then another hour for the interior.
Quote from sam93 :My step uncle would say his car is dirty after about a day driving

My uncle's daughter's sister's mother's son's father's brother's daughter's brother's nephew's father's wife's sister's daughter's uncle's father's son would say that you and your whole family is full of complete morons. So it is swings and roundabouts really.
I use to keep my car detailed. I actually changed the color of the car with polishing twice a year.

Eagle One was my product of choice. I can't find it in the stores anywhere.

I've perhaps mentioned in the past wrecking and totaling my truck. I paid book value of $6995 for it, drove it for 2 years, and the insurance company gave me $8500 for a loss. I have a list of the cleanliness that added up to the extra value. 2 days before I totaled it, I was wheel deep in mud while 4 wheeling. Cleaned the next day, and wrecked and totaled the following day.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :My uncle's daughter's sister's mother's son's father's brother's daughter's brother's nephew's father's wife's sister's daughter's uncle's father's son would say that you and your whole family is full of complete morons. So it is swings and roundabouts really.

What are you chatting on about?
Quote from sam93 :What are you chatting on about?

Maybe he's pointing out that we dont care about your half uncle and your step stage 3 with a street port familly...
#25 - dev
Quote from sam93 :I know what annual means, just wondering if he cleans it a little between the year else the car would get really dirty.

I clean it a little every two weeks or so, I wipe the plastics and vacuum the floor and the seats...

But once a year I clean everything from the inside out

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG