The online racing simulator
Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
Britian should do well(ish) in the sailing, rowing and diving. We may get a flukey result in the track and feild, but it will be the Veladrome (cycling) that our best chances will come from.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Britian should do well(ish) in the sailing, rowing and diving. We may get a flukey result in the track and feild, but it will be the Veladrome (cycling) that our best chances will come from.

Britain has NO chance in the diving...medal table will be as follows:

Gold - Portugal (Christiano Ronaldo)
Silver - Ivory Coast (Didier Drogba)
Bronze - Spain (Fernando Torres)

Quote from Bladerunner :Britain has NO chance in the diving...medal table will be as follows:

LOL!!!!! haha that's great
Quote from frokki :China does surprisingly well

I expect China to win the most medals. Wouldn't really be a surprise, IMO.
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Water polo cancelled after horses drown in overfilled swimming pool.

Also, dinner service will be moved to the swimming complex.
I'm more eager to see the opening ceremony on friday than the actual sports.
Quote from Bladerunner :Britain has NO chance in the diving...medal table will be as follows:

Damn, Stevan Gerrard not in the team???
IIRC many plants in and/or near Beijing have been halted, thus lowering the pollution quite a bit, but it will get wors as soon as the olympic games end.
Quote from Bladerunner :Quarter Finalist along with Alan Johnson and Wayne Rooney

I take it Darren Fletcher and James McFadden were knocked out in the first round agin.
#36 - th84
Quote from PAracer :BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Water polo cancelled after horses drown in overfilled swimming pool.

Also, dinner service will be moved to the swimming complex.

HAHAHA!
I like how the BBC has flown more journalists out there to cover the games than there are UK olympic athletes
Quote from JamesF1 :It tends to when you shut down your largest manufacturing plant, ban most cars from the city centre, and impose heavy restrictions on other industry emissions.

Yes, that is what they just did within the past year. But, since 1998 pollution in Beijing has been decreasing. The carbon monoxide levels have decreased by 36% between 1998 and 2008. In 1998, there were only 100 "blue sky days" in beijing, whereas in 2007 there was 245 "blue sky days", where the sky looks blue instead of white and foggy. That fog that everyone thinks is pollution is actually mist. You cannot see the actual pollutants very well. And, they get dust storms which contribute to pollution, but are not manmade. Pollution doesn't only mean stuff that comes out of smoke stacks. There is natural pollution too, from fires and dust storms.

http://www.tickets-beijing2008 ... ccessful_results_878.html
#39 - wien
Quote from The Very End :I'm sure that Norway don't win a shit..

Umm. Handball? Women's football? Javelin? Sailing? Taekwondo? Racewalking (hah)? Kayak? Shooting? It's not the Winter Olympics, but we still have lots of possibilities.
Quote from wien :Umm. Handball? Women's football?

No, that is already reserved for Germany.
'olympics' ? there are no 'olympic games'
it's 'olympic business'.
Quote from george_tsiros :'olympics' ? there are no 'olympic games'
it's 'olympic business'.

Are you sure? According to original poster it's olimpyc.
The US has no chance at anything...
Quote from scoobyrbac :The US has no chance at anything...

This seems like a very well informed opinion.

Watching Brazil and Belgium on dudes football...

The sound of the broadcast is coming before the image, I hate that... Keeps spoiling everything. You see the player prepare the shoot at the same time you hear "and the ball goes away from the goal.." :smash3d:

Edit: Half time now, what a boring game.
I heard the (Urheilukanava) commentator say something about only 3 of the players from each footy team may be over 23, is that correct?
Yes, it's almost like a under-23 world cup.
Quote from de Souza :Yes, it's almost like a under-23 world cup.

Is this a new rule or have I missed something? Sounds like a whole load of bs to me.
It's not new. I *think* it's like that because otherwise we would have two world cups in a too narrow time window and because it complements the FIFA's under-17 and under-20 world cups. But I might be talking rubbish as well.

Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG