The online racing simulator
Different Keys For The Same Controls
Hi!

I own a G25 steering wheel, and I use it to play LFS...
I set my shifter controls to...well, shifter controls, and my paddles to Shift Up and Shift Down... But it would be great if I could use my paddles as Look Left and Look Right as well, when I'm using the shifter to change gears. Hence, my suggestion for the ability to map 2 different keys for the same control

#2 - J@tko
Quote from d3boy2002 :Hi!

I own a G25 steering wheel, and I use it to play LFS...
I set my shifter controls to...well, shifter controls, and my paddles to Shift Up and Shift Down... But it would be great if I could use my paddles as Look Left and Look Right as well, when I'm using the shifter to change gears. Hence, my suggestion for the ability to map 2 different keys for the same control

You can.

Go into Profiler, click edit, assignments then keystrokes, then new. Click your paddle, and assign it to that paddle and to the look key (I think this will work :S)
Quote from J@tko :You can.

Go into Profiler, click edit, assignments then keystrokes, then new. Click your paddle, and assign it to that paddle and to the look key (I think this will work :S)

Would be a lot easier to do through LFS scripts IMO
#4 - J@tko
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Would be a lot easier to do through LFS scripts IMO

Yes but i havnt a friggin clue how to do that lol
#6 - J@tko
#7 - bbman
You can do that already, you just need a bit of scripting:
Every time you step into a car it calls a script, the XFG calls road.lfs for example. In road.lfs, you bind all the shifter-buttons to their appropriate gear and define H-gate shifting.
/shifter shifter
/autoclutch 0
/button 8 gear_1
/button 9 gear_2
/button 10 gear_3
/button 11 gear_4
/button 12 gear_5
/button 13 gear_6
/button 14 reverse
/button 5 right_view
/button 4 left_view

If you now were to jump into the XFR, it would execute sequential.lfs, where you bound the sequential stick on your shifter to shift up/down and defined sequential shifting.
/shifter sequential
/autoclutch 0
/button 9 shift_up
/button 8 shift_down
/button 5 right_view
/button 4 left_view

And finally, the BF1 calls paddles.lfs, where your paddles are set to shift up/down and also sequential shifting.
/shifter sequential
/autoclutch 1
/button 4 shift_up
/button 5 shift_down

If you want, you can add a /echo line to every script. /echo puts out a system message, so you'll know the script was correctly executed and it won't disturb anyone else...

Damn, I'm slow...
#8 - Byku
Guys how is there a possibility to change ff for each of car through scripts? Like im MRT FF STRENGTH to 40 and in FZR 20 for example.

Edit: SRY GOT IT
Lol I was thinking about making a thread about this yesterday night. :P Thanks for the help guys.
Y`know, the FF settings per car has been something that`s bugged me for a long time, something I always wanted to be able to set, and I never even considered it up until now, even though long ago I made my own H-Shifter/Sequential scripts....

Quote from Flame CZE :http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide

/ff [0-200] - force feedback strength

Thanks Flame
THank you SO MUCH! I can finally drive in my favorite cars without changing controls every time I want to do an F1 race...thanks again!!
Ok, so I want LFS WMP to run automatically when I run LFS.

This is my autoexec.lfs file:

// This script is run when you first reach the main entry screen
// You can use it for initialisations, running scripts, etc.
/say /insim 29999
/exec

What do I put after the exec to make LFS WMP work? I've tried putting the location of the file but it didnt like that

From commands.txt:

Useful commands for scripts and controller buttons :

/run X :run the script X (data\script\X.lfs)
/hrun X :run script X on host (admins only)
/exec E C :run program E (with command line C)
/wait E C :like exec but LFS hangs until E exits

(insim port works fine btw)

Ty for any help.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG