The online racing simulator
Regarding current matters ...
(116 posts, started )
People are attention whores, meaning they will do everything to get some attention Look at youtube, people spamming "lol he got pwned" on fatal racing video's is a good example..
I wouldn't make the joke about something like that, but I will laugh at it
I hardly think this required a justification thread.

Anyway, here goes. Losing a pet is rough. We lost a cat a couple of years back. He was young and it was unexpected. We eventually got a new one, but it's not a replacement. Pets are as different as people are, with unique personality traits, even if they do share some too.

They are members of the family. When you have a pet that's around for years on end you can't possibly say you don't get attached to it. We all know they're gonna go eventually, but it's still heartbreaking when they pop off.

It's not something I'd mock because I know how it feels. So that was tasteless (and spam for that matter). However, a lot of people don't understand pets, so you can't force them to feel sorry for you.

Here's a suggestion for everyone: If you have nothing constructive to add to a conversation, don't say anything. If you can't say anything nice or neutral, don't say anything at all.
Quote from Dajmin :Here's a suggestion for everyone: If you have nothing constructive to add to a conversation, don't say anything. If you can't say anything nice or neutral, don't say anything at all.

Can we please limit this to sentimental threads so I can at least post occasionally?
Quote from Dajmin :If you can't say anything nice or neutral, don't say anything at all.

I see a perfectly accommodated loophole for out-of-topic posts in that. Have you had any experience in law?
Everyone posting "RIP [insert name here]" in those threads is hardly constructive though, as nobody knew [insert name here]
Quote from xaotik :I see a perfectly accommodated loophole for out-of-topic posts in that. Have you had any experience in law?

Do him!

(warning, above link NSFW)
Quote from Dajmin :Here's a suggestion for everyone: If you have nothing constructive to add to a conversation, don't say anything. If you can't say anything nice or neutral, don't say anything at all.

And there's another top-tip for everyone: if you don't have something constructive to contribute to a forum, don't start threads...

Soon, the world will be silent! Hooray!
Well if nobody ever disagreed it'd be a really boring place. But there's a difference between putting across a reasonable argument and just flaming someone without provocation.

I didn't realise it was that hard to just ignore something if you disagree with it. If you don't "get" something you have no right to flame someone who does. I don't understand String Theory, but if someone posted about it I wouldn't go "zomg t3h thery iz suxxx ur l4m34!11!1111one"
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I wouldn't make the joke about something like that, but I will laugh at it

by laughing at it, you're already making a joke of it.
this thread is a joke and shows the real LFS community. we have people in this forum who have as much human emotion as 13mm drill bit.
me personally i wouldn't post about a loss in a forum like this. in the same sence i wouldn't advertise my new pb in the obitchuary. but as it ias been said loads of times in here and flamed, each to their own. on a plus side, this thread has made it easier for new commers to see who all the forum whores are............great work ladies. keep it up
It might be inappropriate, but it's hella funny Me laughing at it doesn't make a difference. I'm sure most people would feel the same as me on that.

And why would you post about a loss in a forum for a racing simulator? I don't get that
erm.....off-topic. it does exactly wat it says on the tin. and you laughing does make a difference. it's one of the top bully tactics used in most/all schools. just because YOU say something, doesn't mean it's true.
Quote from Dajmin :Well if nobody ever disagreed it'd be a really boring place.

No it wouldn't!
There's a difference between making fun of someone losing a pet and making fun of his posting it on this forum. It was an irony, a satire, a statement, a protest. What's most profound is that you call it spam when you don't call the dog thread spam. Is spam acceptable when it is sincerely written? The worm thread was calling attention to this question.
Quote from wark :There's a difference between making fun of someone losing a pet and making fun of his posting it on this forum.

How is this different? Did the folks who mocked the OP send him a PM? Did they explain by any other means that they respect his feelings but still wanted to discuss the principle of starting RIP threads?
Quote :What's most profound is that you call it spam when you don't call the dog thread spam. Is spam acceptable when it is sincerely written?

Spam is when you create posts or threads for little or no reason. A thread to express sincere feelings of grief is reason enough IMO.

Besides, I'm not too concerned about spam in the off topic section. The amount of spamish repetition is pretty high here. But I do get concerned when people's feelings are being trampled upon. (With spikes, in this case.)

Regarding current matters ...
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG