The online racing simulator
Crash Damage
(81 posts, started )
Quote from Sueycide_FD :parts coming off cars equals physics, which then equals a performance hit. and lfs is a system hog as it is.

They need to put more stress on our video cards, thats what we have them for, right?
Quote from Taavi(EST) :maybe safety car would stop the sillyness that is going on, i personally don't think that s2 races are so much cleaner than the demo ones, just the IQ is a few points higher than in demo....

OMFG!!some of these demo racers do the stupidest sheit! and they even find new and inventive ways of doin the stupidest sheit! thats why im getting an s2 soon
Quote from scoobyrbac :They need to put more stress on our video cards, thats what we have them for, right?

some people just don't have the computing power
Oh well, thats what they make a low setting for . Things are getting better, when S2 came out there probably was a bunch of whiners because there computers couldnt handle the game, again oh well they arent going to hold the game back just because there pc cant handle the game.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :parts coming off cars equals physics, which then equals a performance hit. and lfs is a system hog as it is.

A system hog? Are you serious? What the hell do you have, a 286? LFS is by far the most frugal game I have on my PC, including BF1942 which came out in 2002.
Quote from Lateralus :A system hog? Are you serious? What the hell do you have, a 286? LFS is by far the most frugal game I have on my PC, including BF1942 which came out in 2002.

I think he's talkin about the CPU
Quote from scoobyrbac :I think he's talkin about the CPU

What do you think a 286 is?

I often wonder myself what kind of computer some people are running when my daughter use to run LFS (patch X) on a Celeron 667 MHz, onboard 16 mb graphics, and 512 mb RAM, and still get 30 FPS in single player with 1 AI or running networked with me as the racing server

Granted, I couldn't go online with the Celeron 667 MHz, but still.... 30 FPS in single player on that? Surely anyone that doesn't have an Intel Extreme Graphics onboard chip can play online with LFS. I use to do it with 40-50 FPS with my onboard ATI chip.....
Quote from mrodgers : I use to do it with 40-50 FPS with my onboard ATI chip.....

And i spent money on a video card just to get barely that...
What video card did you get?
Quote from mrodgers :What do you think a 286 is?

I often wonder myself what kind of computer some people are running when my daughter use to run LFS (patch X) on a Celeron 667 MHz, onboard 16 mb graphics, and 512 mb RAM, and still get 30 FPS in single player with 1 AI or running networked with me as the racing server

Granted, I couldn't go online with the Celeron 667 MHz, but still.... 30 FPS in single player on that? Surely anyone that doesn't have an Intel Extreme Graphics onboard chip can play online with LFS. I use to do it with 40-50 FPS with my onboard ATI chip.....

Something must be wrong with my computer...1.6GHz P4, 512 RAM, and 64MB GeForce 2 and STILL only 10-20 fps (even in singleplayer )
Quote from The Architect :Something must be wrong with my computer...1.6GHz P4, 512 RAM, and 64MB GeForce 2 and STILL only 10-20 fps (even in singleplayer )

No theres nothing wrong with your PC, thats what you get with a 64mb video card..With a Sh*tty card you get Sh*tty results. I suggest you get a REAL video card if you want to play LFS without lagging.
As much as I can't stand most of tomshardware's reviews and such...

http://www.tomshardware.com/ch ... 1617%2C1584%2C1605%2C1563

If you are complaining about crappy performance and video card is not listed on that graph then it's just time to upgrade...

I can pick up a GeForce 7300 for $35 USD easily...and I know a 7300 can run LFS easily...

It's almost comical how some people (mainly those who's computers are not up to par) want LFS to forever stay in the realm of the early 2000's...its time to move on, things progress, things evolve and things develop...if you can't afford a ~$35 video card to semi 'keep up' with technology then I don't know what to tell ya...
Quote from The Architect :Something must be wrong with my computer...1.6GHz P4, 512 RAM, and 64MB GeForce 2 and STILL only 10-20 fps (even in singleplayer )

Btw in Single Player if u put in 10+ cars u will get low fps than Multiplayer with 10+ cars.
But how is it possible that mrodgers can play at a better framerate with an even WORSE computer than mine?

Also, Homeless_Drunk, as much as I'd like a new computer my parents think my computer is perfectly fine and I don't need a new one. Sigh
I know the damage system is a kind of work in progress level at the moment but the rear end car damage does seem faily realistic in some incidents. I have added a picture of some real damage on a real car, and a picture of an xfg after some damage, fairly similar i think.
Attached images
keith7 banger.jpg
cap27.jpg
i think that the damage shouldnt be as 'realistic' as toca anyway as wheels dont fall off that easily anyway if you watch some banger racing videos the wheels dont fall off the suspension snaps 1st and that isnt shown very well in these games.

if the damage is too over dramatic it will kill the banger racing servers
Quote from scoobyrbac :What video card did you get?

Geforce 6200 256/64bits TC (TC off)
my PC is a 2300+ Celero (@1733Mhz)
DDR1 1024 Memory 400Mhz. Windows XP SP3
Anyway, were playing LFS for racing, not for crashing So i think we don't need that
-
(michaelwilliams) DELETED by michaelwilliams
i do 70fps on a full detail scale.
Quote from chavm481 :i do 70fps on a full detail scale.

And I bake some cookies every sunday.
Quote from Calvinaquino :The one at the moment is a nice placeholder i think...
But maybe, when they implement a more complex damage model, the cars might have flexible chassis? =D (too much Rigs of Rods crashing sorry)

i agree. i like the damage in RoR. they shold have it in LFS. (P.S. I know i just replied to a post older than Michael Gambon)
Quote from chavm481 :i do 70fps on a full detail scale.

i do 120fps with a £40 graphics card ($66) with full graphics on 1280x1024
LOL that was quite a :bump:

I can manage 100fps+ in single player 70-80 in MP, on an Nvidia 8500GT @ 1280x1024 all settings full
LFS isnt what I would say graphically intensive
Quote from Calvinaquino :Geforce 6200 256/64bits TC (TC off)
my PC is a 2300+ Celero (@1733Mhz)
DDR1 1024 Memory 400Mhz. Windows XP SP3

Time goes by... i just bought an ATI 4890... running LFS at 350fps full. Can't ****en Belive It.
the only bad thing is when you crash and fly in the air doing about 100 flips and rolls, it becomes annoying after a while, maybe that could be fixed?, but everything else about LFS is great!

Crash Damage
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG