The online racing simulator
Crash Damage
(81 posts, started )
Crash Damage
hi im new here but ive noticed after playing for quite a while that the crash damage inst really realistic i think it would be better if the wheels fell off and bumpers draged and stuff like what happens on CMR 2005 and toca race driver 3.
hmm thats interesting. funny no one has noticed it even though the games been out for years
Quote from Gabkicks :hmm thats interesting. funny no one has noticed it even though the games been out for years

are u being serious or sarcastic?
Quote from Cipher :are u being serious or sarcastic?

I think thats a round-about way of saying this has been brought up before There are much more important issues at hand before the damage is perfected, really

MAGGOT
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - IKHAM
Hmm. Personally as a newbie, i think the damage levels are pretty much spot on. Sure it isn't realistic, but the developers must think about all those new players.

New players are inevitably going to spin and crash until blood pours from their hands. It'd be very tough for them to suffer serious damage every time they had a knock or spin and would likely put off many from playing further.

Anyway, even small knocks and bumps damage the car just enough to ruin your race. So it's not as though we can get away with it.
Ya, but there's stuff that's just clearly wrong, like: If you take a fast impact against a wall sideways you'll completely lose your suspension. If you take the same impact head-on, there's probably going to be nothing wrong with your car at all. Plus there's the rumour* about some cars being faster after you've rolled them. The damage thing isn't really very useful yet.

* Which, to be honest, I started. But I swear it's true!
#7 - IKHAM
Lol. Those tend to be the easiest rumours to accept.

Well being relatively new to the game I haven't noticed these finer points of the damage system. But for me so far, it's just enough to punish without becoming to frustrating. Perhaps when i manage to get through races without making the marshals run for their lives, i'll be crying for more realistic damage too. Time will tell.
S2 just got its first public work in progress of the damage.. no reason to complain, everyone knows its not the least bit realistic or perfect, but not much time (compared to how much time it will take that is) to make it look real/somewhat act similar with parts that fall apart
i think it would be cool if i was oval racing and some1 ahead of me crashed spilling oil and fuel all over the track and also bit of the other cars that have collided then a saftey car came up to slow the race while the mess was dealt with
Quote from Cipher :i think it would be cool if i was oval racing and some1 ahead of me crashed spilling oil and fuel all over the track and also bit of the other cars that have collided then a saftey car came up to slow the race while the mess was dealt with

I think the cars are loose enough for now (well, for a few days tops...)
I definitly would like to see a safety car in there, but judging by most first corner incidents, we'd probably see it out nearly every race, so it would have to be opitional.
Quote from IKHAM :I definitly would like to see a safety car in there, but judging by most first corner incidents, we'd probably see it out nearly every race, so it would have to be opitional.

maybe safety car would stop the sillyness that is going on, i personally don't think that s2 races are so much cleaner than the demo ones, just the IQ is a few points higher than in demo....
im like that if im clear i usually get away but if theres a crash in front of me or i spinout thats the end for me. i usually only play on oval servers at the moment
well am hopeing that this damge where bits fall of your car comes in this update.
The two most important things that LFS needs damagewise is breakable glass and wheels that can come off.
Quote from duke_toaster :The two most important things that LFS needs damagewise is breakable glass and wheels that can come off.

and bumpers and lights
and when you run over the glass and bumbers your tyres get burst and your fuel lines get shredded
when they actually... start on the damage system you may see some of this... but for now i would wait, because there has been no talk of work on the damage system
I think the crash damage should be brought to a realistic level (like nK in the single seaters) one hit really is all it takes and it would make the racing a lot cleaner and don't give any of that bullshit about making it easier for wreckers it should actually make it harder for them.
Obviously the damage system is in it's early stages, and isn't terrible. But there's always room for improvement. Some bumps seem to damage the suspension too easily, but more often than not huge wrecks and leave minimal damage.

Chassis flex and damage would be very cool. Detachble parts seem a bit gimmicky to me (unless you gain through weight loss ).
Quote from Bob Smith :Some bumps seem to damage the suspension too easily

I'd disagree, having come back from an incident filled 2 days of single seater racing in which 8 (out of 19 starters) retired in the first race, 5 through accident damage.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Quote from ajp71 :I think the crash damage should be brought to a realistic level (like nK in the single seaters) one hit really is all it takes and it would make the racing a lot cleaner and don't give any of that bullshit about making it easier for wreckers it should actually make it harder for them.

I have to agree, I simply hate racers who easily continue driving after 150 km/h wall crash(and it could be 300 km/h)... I would set max. speed of crash for various types of crashes and if such speed limit is exceeded car wil leave the track because it will be unable to run the engine or move or anything - you know how I mean it.
You just bumped a thread over TWO years old....
Imo better than creating 666th thread about this
Rawr..zombie thread!

Damage would kinda rock.. but no biggy...

Crash Damage
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG