The online racing simulator
How's your geography?
(40 posts, started )
Quote from Lateralus :The map distortion is confusing.[...]It should use a 3-D globe and have the user rotate the globe to find the right part of the world before clicking a spot..

I agree. At least, a different projection could have been used. Look at Scandinavia compared to the rest of Europe. It's huge.
Quote from Becky Rose :But i've never yet needed to know about ox bow lakes, but if I had learned where towns and cities are I might have done better at this game.

Hmm good point. I don't have a reply to that...
Why does it matter if you can pinpoint places on a map, anyway?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Why does it matter if you can pinpoint places on a map, anyway?

You're an American, aren't you?
Knowing where Cities are is not really geography, anyway. Memorizing places does not make you more intelligent.
being able to distinguish iran from australia is usually considered a requirement when being asked to vote for a president wholl have to sort out the mess created by its predecessor in some other country that borders iran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... kloFE&feature=related
hm i dont see the misleading bit... although id have tried to be cheeky and would have answered the cockpit of a jordan
unfortunately as it turns out senna was first at the time
It´s misleading because it can interpreted as there are only two people in the race and if you pass the second guy then you are first.
Quote from Shotglass :being able to distinguish iran from australia is usually considered a requirement when being asked to vote for a president wholl have to sort out the mess created by its predecessor in some other country that borders iran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... kloFE&feature=related

That video is completely fake, and was made as a joke. Notice that the symbol in the corner says CNNNN... Not a real news channel, and clearly a parody of CNN.
the show is satire... the interviews are real... certainly they dont show any kind of fair cross section of the american public (wheres the fun in showing intelligent people?) but the point remains... even more so if one of your presidential candidates is too dumb to grasp the difference between sunni and shiites
Quote from Merriam Webster Online Dictionary :in·tel·li·gence opWin(/cgi-bin/audio.pl?intell14.wav=intelligence)" target="_blank">Pronunciation: \in-ˈte-lə-jən(t)s\ Function:noun Etymology:Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin intelligentia, from intelligent-, intelligens intelligentDate:14th century 1 a (1): the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : reason; also : the skilled use of reason (2): the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (as tests)

Intelligence is NOT the same as knowledge. Not being able to locate cities on a map does not mean that you are unintelligent. Intelligence, which I even quoted a definition of above, is being able to apply knowledge, not just having the knowledge. To make an analogy, intelligence is like the processing power of a computer, while knowledge is like data that needs to be converted from one format to another. The more powerful a processor is, the faster it can compute data. Similarly, the more intelligent a person is, the more able they are to apply their knowledge. Getting a bigger hard drive does not make your processor any faster, now does it?
Quote from J@tko :Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

We used to do this in Geography lessons on the interactive whiteboard

Anyone for a match?

EDIT: Im guest 916

Haha, we do that :P
But our Geography teacher is a very attractive female with very large breasts, so as you can probably guess our attention is else where...
Quote from wheel4hummer :Intelligence is NOT the same as knowledge. Not being able to locate cities on a map does not mean that you are unintelligent.

yes and no... every intelligent person is naturally curious and one of the most basic things to be curious about is knowing where the hell you are and where everybody else is
even if you dont know a lot of these cities unless youre very unlucky and get a lot of canada usa russia australia or other gigantic countries you should be able to easily get consistent 4000-5000s with the most basic of political knowledge
Being more intelligent can give you the means and inclination to aquire more knowledge so people who are more intelligent tend to also be more knowledgeable but one doesn't necessarily follow the other.

How's your geography?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG