The online racing simulator
How's your geography?
(40 posts, started )
How's your geography?
http://www.geosense.net/

Little web-game that has you trying to place the locations of cities on a world map against other players and is fiendishly addictive.

I can get consistent mid-4000 scores on the world map.
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Crashgate3 :http://www.geosense.net/

Little web-game that has you trying to place the locations of cities on a world map against other players and is fiendishly addictive.

I can get consistent mid-4000 scores on the world map.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

We used to do this in Geography lessons on the interactive whiteboard

Anyone for a match?

EDIT: Im guest 916
I got 6075 on my first and only try on the world map.
The only thing we were taught in geography at school was pointless things about soil erosion in Nepal. We never got told where Nepal was, just that the soil was eroding, and why it was eroding.
How do you play with someone?

I see that Blas is there but can't play against him.
#6 - J@tko
Quote from zeugnimod :How do you play with someone?

I see that Blas is there but can't play against him.

You just need to press 'be available' at the same time

Im in there too btw
#7 - Nobo
did my first match against this borone guy...he got crappy 8568 points :P
I am so horrible, got like 1 out of 20 right. I am a failure :guilty:
im there... same username
I got 2855. They don't teach us Geography in America, it's not my fault!
Chano got own.
6332 on my first go. Average 279.8 km off.
i suck,.... but i win against W4H!
Quote from chanoman315 :i suck,.... but i win against W4H!

No, the first game you lost. You won the second one, though! That means we suck equally.
I know how an ox-bow lake is formed, but I suck at this.
I used to play this a lot a couple of years back. It annoys me that they don't actually cover all the countries in the world, but do cover 40 odd cities in the USA. I mean, I know where the place is, but I don't care where in the place the various "population centres" are, I never intend to go there.
I'm apparently not as good as Nobo. That was me you just beat three times in a row.

I think Nobo's either an airline pilot or has a map open.
The map distortion is confusing. I've been to Anchorage, but thanks to the extreme distortion near the poles, the game puts it in a different place than where it seems to be.

It should use a 3-D globe and have the user rotate the globe to find the right part of the world before clicking a spot.

The whole interface needs work, but it's a cool idea.
Im so damn bad...
One thing this game has taught me: Even people who know a lot about the world don't know anything about Canada.
#21 - Nobo
Quote from thisnameistaken :One thing this game has taught me: Even people who know a lot about the world don't know anything about Canada.

Same for Russia and Brazil

Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm apparently not as good as Nobo. That was me you just beat three times in a row.

I think Nobo's either an airline pilot or has a map open.

How did you know that?
You are actually not to far off with your guess...
but it would be hard to reach an average time of 2 if i would look it up

And why do i have a cross in Firefox and a cursor in internet explorer? Its easier in FF if you know where the city is
Attached images
Foto0340.jpg
Quote from Becky Rose :I know how an ox-bow lake is formed, but I suck at this.

WOOT! Yeah for someone who learned something interesting rather than stupid stuff like where towns are etc... Why memorize something you can just look up? In the 5 years I spent getting my geography degree I don't think I learned where a single city was, I am proud to say But if you want to know anything about rivers, coastlines, tsunamis, etc just ask

Pic attached is one of my favourite geog field trips! Yeah I'm a geog geek and yes we were lucky with the timing of our trip to Mt St Helens....
Attached images
PDR_0779.jpg
Quote :WOOT! Yeah for someone who learned something interesting rather than stupid stuff like where towns are etc...

But i've never yet needed to know about ox bow lakes, but if I had learned where towns and cities are I might have done better at this game.

Actually I used to regularly get out of geography for my drum lessons, I remember once my teacher phone my mum up in class to tell her I was missing out on my education to whack pig skins with sticks, you shoulda heard me mum Sometimes coming from a family of musicians has it's up side, even if I have had to listen to more jazz than is humane.
5305 on first go, 5709 in second. Is there a map of Europe variant?

How's your geography?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG