The online racing simulator
Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )

Poll : Slick shod TBO class?

Yes, it would add to the game
No, no one would drive the standard TBO's anymore
Yes, but I fear it may dilute online racing
Other - please post
Quote from Dennis93 :i think this should be the link for the 4wd FXO to FXR, could be great to have something like it, i thinking, like the old A4 Quaddro

Yea possibly, the Standard A4 would of been FWD, the Quattro obviously 4wd, but thats what they raced with too.
Quote from Woz :What is nonsense is that if all the cars had slicks you might as well remove road tyres from the game as they would become pointless. Can you not see that at all?

Not if you had a league or server that forced Road Tyres. It's not like they aren't visible to the naked eye is it? The guy has a point. Tuning a Ratio is far more complex to do to a road car than fitting slicks.
Quote from spanks :thinking more about it I think heavily modified tbo touring class would be best.

Stripped down, light, and high strung 4 banger screaming away. No downforce, sticky tires, and just sounding like its rattling and breaking apart the whole time. Screaming and bouncing and floating around the corner, making you question if the car was really designed to go that speed.

Super stiff suspension, small tires, light weight, moderate power increase.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCij9mYIokA

That clip is one of my favorites, seen it many times I add another one of my favorites on this matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUAE-819OG4

About the idea, (and i stopped reading at page two, so forgive me if some things already have been mentioned) i really like it and always thought about a class like that to be honest. Like some in here already said, it should not be *overpimped* but "smoothly adjusted", "just like the original TBO class" (yeah i guess that would take a lot of time seeing that the TBO class balancing is still in progress (more or less and yup, i have confidence in the dev doing that just fine)).

- not sure about the tires, depends on the engine in use i guess
- same goes to downforce (and usage of a bodykit) and if so then it should be restricted to just a few degrees (parts)?
- weight should be reduced but im not sure how much the rollcage weighs in comparison to the rest of the stuff that would leave the car like most of the cockpit, seats et cetera
- driver position (even more) optimised for this class

Right now (while driving the XRT for instance) i know its a road car, at least it gives me that feeling, no matter how much im tweaking the setups. That doesnt mean i dislike it but more the exact opposite but i think if another race class like suggested would be added then i think that the difference should be feelable right away. It should be lighter, more agile and scream for more throttle input
Quote from spanks :...and just sounding like its rattling and breaking apart the whole time

Anyhow, i think it would add a lot to the game and i certainly dont think that it would send the TBO class into retirement. There are so many people playing this game by now and so its virtually impossible to not find someone else having the same/ simular interests.
#79 - Woz
Quote from BlueFlame :Not if you had a league or server that forced Road Tyres. It's not like they aren't visible to the naked eye is it? The guy has a point. Tuning a Ratio is far more complex to do to a road car than fitting slicks.

rotf, like 99% of server force anything at the mo. Most would be all open and so yes you might as well remove from the game.

The cars are just not powerful enough for slicks, they would be DULL as with them.
Slick tires and downforce are the mark of the devil
well woz, you never know until you tried it and dont tell me you dont like it because you tried the slickmod once. Using just slicks is nonesense as well as using a bodykit and all the bling bling stuff on a normal day road car hatchback thingy (mostly without any other adjustments). That said, its not even sure if slick would really be needed but thats all down to the way (if there ever would be any) the devs decide to create such a class.

I dont know but i just cant stand this "well i dont like it because it would/ could be this or that, probably or maybe..." or "i hate it because there is/ isnt this or that feature or so..." (without trying it first or even discovering its full potential in the slightest after some practice) attitude, these days. But maybe thats just me.
#82 - Woz
Quote from 510N3D :well woz, you never know until you tried it and dont tell me you dont like it because you tried the slickmod once. Using just slicks is nonesense as well as using a bodykit and all the bling bling stuff on a normal day road car hatchback thingy (mostly without any other adjustments). That said, its not even sure if slick would really be needed but thats all down to the way (if there ever would be any) the devs decide to create such a class.

I dont know but i just cant stand this "well i dont like it because it would/ could be this or that, probably or maybe..." or "i hate it because there is/ isnt this or that feature or so..." (without trying it first or even discovering its full potential in the slightest after some practice) attitude, these days. But maybe thats just me.

You have been around LFS to know how online works. Be honest...

Do you use road normals on TBO setups as you know full well everyone else used supers? No, thought not!

When the BL track has the extra tarmac did you use it just like everyone else or suffer the 1-2 seconds it cost staying within the track bounds and hence lose all your races? Bet you did because we were ALL forced to before the track redesign!

Its just fact of life that people want to know they have the fastest car so they can compete. Its why tuning would be pointless, everyone would use the fastest settings.

If people want slicks why not create a set of baby GTR cars for their server like the baby UFR/XFR. The baby Rs are very popular.

The fun with the TBOs is the fact they are on road tyres and lets not forget the road supers can already hold well over 1G so they are already SERIOUS tyres compared to your normal IRL roads!

Honestly, i dont know what youre talking about mate

Im talking about a whole new class. (and servers are usually using just one at a time iic) Basically the TBO class cars used to fit inbetween the TBO and GTR class for instance.

I dont like the UFR/ XFR cars at all (FWD (only - atm?) - not intentionally build for race conditions (afaik) "but to have a much saver ride from the shop back home" (or so..), not to mention the significant disadvantages in terms of weight distribution and how it overtaxes the front wheels the more power/ torque is available). To be fair, its fun to drive those cars every now and then but compared to an XRT/ FZ5 / LX6 it just doesnt feels right. Just in case, im aware about the usage of FWD cars in many race classes but im simple referring on this purely (for my personal taste) RWD lacking GT2(?) class in LFS right now.

Maybe this new class or those cars could either be an addition to that so called GT2(?) class or an completely independed one. Maybe even slightly less powered but still "very race car oriented" (where the exact definition for this is a bit cloudy to me at the moment) (just like in the videos, meaning spanks and mine (STCC or early to mid 90s DTM), shown in my first reply here).

So just for clarification, like every other class/ car, everything is or should be predefined and you dont need to play "NFS-underground-carbon pimp my ride _whatever_ game" beforehand in order to remain competitive. Also, the unique class related attributes should remain up to a decent amount, meaning the characteristics that makes the TBO class what it is (power-weight distribution for instance(?)). It should be something unique as well, something with a nice handling reminding on a road car in combination (or restricted/ enhanced in that respect, depending on how its been realized i guess, if ever...) with some GTR car atributes, something that perhaps prepares you a bit for the GTR class if youre rather new to the game for instance, everything nicely adjusted indeed.

I talking about stuff like specially tailored engine tweaking, slicks, a slightly wider track in combination with an adjusted bodywork only for this purpose, corresponding front and/ or rear end spoiler, rollcage, weight saving by removing stuff that serves no purpose on a race track and so on...

You shall get an completely new experience with cars you have already driven before many times in the "normal road version". Which of all of those things could or should be added, i dont know since im not into that technical stuff of the official STCC or (early to mid 90s) DTM classes. But as i have said already, all with the goal to get something that fits inbetween or broadens the already existing GT2(?) class.

Maybe the TBO class is or should already represent just that? If so then im sorry for wasting your time.

However, im not demanding anything thus im not in the position to do so anyway nor am i obviously taking all possible facts into account for this exact reason. So this is why im open for any corrections on this matter (and/ or my limited english skills of course if you feel like it ).

Please dont count "(" or ")" or " or " or the word "class" or anything else that has been used too many times by me. I know...

/meh
#84 - Woz
Quote from 510N3D :Honestly, i dont know what youre talking about mate

Im talking about a whole new class.

Sorry, thought you were asking for slicks on the current TBO class like loads already have, which is pointless as they are not powerful enough

I think and have said earlier in the thread that we need some RWD in the UFR/XFR class and that would be a great class then. Right power levels to be fun for slicks and no downforce
understood
+1 for last 3 replies.
Different GT class, [and maybe raising little bit actual TBO classes power [Boost]]

Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG