The online racing simulator
Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )

Poll : Slick shod TBO class?

Yes, it would add to the game
No, no one would drive the standard TBO's anymore
Yes, but I fear it may dilute online racing
Other - please post
Quote from Breizh :Yep, it wouldn't be much fun without sharper and lighter handling.

Which is why Danowat added that it would need to be a new class of car with lowered center of gavity etc which would enable you to be much much more aggressive in the corners thus then getting near to the new slick tyres grip limit again which would then mean that is you mashed the throttle you would spin If you can mash the throttle you not going fast enough

Back in S1H days I remember driving the XFG with slickmod and it was alot of fun (could do about 1:28xx around BL1 if I remember correctly at that time 1:32s were possible normally) so with slicks you push much much harder. Personally I enjoy both types of car, the LX6 with its need for throttle sensitivity and the UFR for its raw cornering grip for example. All can be fun in there own ways
Please, don't make the TBO class duller. But adding a new bit more powerful touring car class sounds good!
the answer here is to add a whole nother saloon on terms with the gt2 cars, they are quite touring car is especcialy the xfr but they are only hatchback, well ufr is sort of, a gt2 saloon would be a good adition
Quote from Bob Smith :Road supers have (a little) too much grip already tbh. The cars will be more fun to drive if they had LESS grip, not more.

+1

I still don't understand why people drive those restricted UFRs. I imagine slicked TBOs would be much the same - put a brick on the throttle and go make a cup of tea.
Better not. I like it real.
Its good when the Tyres burn easer on TBO. Dont wont drive 50 laps races without any Pit need.
I think it would be a great addition to have a touring car style TBO class, based on the current cars. I remember the FXO was a lot of fun with slickmod. Sure, there would be nothing but slick TBO servers initially, but I would still enjoy driving the standard road car too.
This is EXACTLY what i was thinking watching it yesterday, and i think proper touring cars would be a great addition to LFS.
Instead of slicks id be more up for some A048/R888 style tyres like a track car would have an even some race cars, not the full shebang but more grip.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Instead of slicks id be more up for some A048/R888 style tyres like a track car would have an even some race cars, not the full shebang but more grip.

I think that is what our 'Road Supers' are already.
Doesnt look like it to me as they dont even behave like a semi-slick, dont look like one either, looks to me like they are same as normals but maybe the normals are like say some rubbish cheap make comapred to the supers are an advan road tyre or pirelli's...
Was thinking the same when playing the DTM or V8SC mods. I don't think that the TBOs should just get slicks and make them into a new car but perhaps add a new class of car where the cars have slightly more power, some slight aerodynamic modifications, slightly lighter and slightly more powerful than the TBOs.

I know most of you are going to think I'm a nerd for doing this but I thought of maybe providing 3 examples for a more powerful class:

XR GT S

Engine: 2.0 turbocharged inline 4 / RWD

Power: 308 BHP

Torque: 486 Nm

Weight: 1192 Kg

Power-Weight Ratio: (249 BHP/ton)

RB4 GT S

Engine: 2.0 turbocharged inline 4 / 4WD

Power: 305 BHP

Torque: 412 Nm

Weight: 1183 Kg

Power-Weight Ratio: (249 BHP/ton)

FXO GT S

Engine: 1.9 turbocharged inline 4 / FWD

Power: 294 BHP

Torque: 370 Nm

Weight: 1111 Kg

Power-Weight Ratio: (261 BHP/ton)

I'm sure you're pondering to how I've come up with such specific figures. Well, I calculated the differences between the XRT and XRR, RB4 and FXR and divided each number by 4 then subtracting that from the original TBO class figures. Because there is no FXO equivalent in the big GTR class (high powered FWD car), I calculated the FXO by calculating the ratio of each figure of the original RB4 to the original FXO.

In simpler terms, the cars are 1/4 better in every area.
I made a topic about this before. and a topic with poll about diffrent classes, Touring cars ( WTCC style ) won with a big lead!

i preffer the BTCC 1990 till 1993! Without aerodynamics but big wheels good supsension, roll cage. just the mean looks of btcc

Link to the poll topic:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34486

And a link to a topic from me request STW/btcc 90's
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17250

bad quality but you know the idea

I realy hope this class will be added in LFS. in my opinion it will be a good investment!
TC-T class

Engine : Naturally aspirated 2 litre inline 4
Power : ~280hp
Tyres : slicks
Aero : mainly for show.
Weight : 1140 kg for FXO based version, 1170kg for XRT based car.

Sound sensible?
Quote from henrico-20- :I made a topic about this before. and a topic with poll about diffrent classes, Touring cars ( WTCC style ) won with a big lead!

i preffer the BTCC 1990 till 1993! Without aerodynamics but big wheels good supsension, roll cage. just the mean looks of btcc

Link to the poll topic:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34486

And a link to a topic from me request STW/btcc 90's
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17250

*PIC*
bad quality but you know the idea

I realy hope this class will be added in LFS. in my opinion it will be a good investment!

I agree. That was a great era for BTCC.

I still have TOCA 1 with those sorts of Touring Cars

Maybe the XF GTI could be added, like the Seat in the real BTCC.
Quote from thisnameistaken :+1

I still don't understand why people drive those restricted UFRs. I imagine slicked TBOs would be much the same - put a brick on the throttle and go make a cup of tea.

It's RACING, not cruising mate :-) j/k

restricted ufrs take out a little dynamics, allow very very close races due to the fact that you can take different lines at the same speeds.
Also the Baby-Rs are close to real life tuned saloons from the near past.

Just a thought for those who like the idea of slick tbo:
Try and get slickmod running and build up a new niche! If this wtcc kind of class becomes popular by driving small then bigger leagues you have some kind of proof that it works! Don't talk about it, do it! I might want to have a go as well, sounds interesting.

greetz

der butz
#41 - halo
+1 for diversity.
More options more fun imo.
thinking more about it I think heavily modified tbo touring class would be best.

Stripped down, light, and high strung 4 banger screaming away. No downforce, sticky tires, and just sounding like its rattling and breaking apart the whole time. Screaming and bouncing and floating around the corner, making you question if the car was really designed to go that speed.

Super stiff suspension, small tires, light weight, moderate power increase.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCij9mYIokA

This.
#43 - Woz
-1 to TBO on slicks it would kill the TBO class

I would prefer some RWD cars that would sit in the FXR,UFR class that had slick.

Come on, seriously... We would be FORCED to use slicks. Who uses road normals on TBO? People have to use supers or you don't stand a chance.

I get the feel this sort of thread, like many others is just a cry for new content or some form of a change.
Imo you should make a Touring car version of whats already done with TBO and put them in the 2nd GTR class.

So basically:

-Same power
-a weight that would put it in the same catagory as the 2nd GTR class)
-Touring car body kit, including rollcage(with no wing so its equal with the other GTRs)
-Slicks
Quote from Woz :Come on, seriously... We would be FORCED to use slicks. Who uses road normals on TBO? People have to use supers or you don't stand a chance.

Once a server side app is able to force certain aspects of the client setup, then yes, the road normals might see some use with likeminded people. In general though, adding slicks might as well remove the supers from game. Even our road normals are pretty good by typical road tyre standards.
So, you can ask me for Y patch slickmod
When Z will be outdated, i (probably) will release slickmod for Z.
PLease Scawen post your opinion
You're already playing his opinion.
#49 - Woz
Quote from Woz :-1 to TBO on slicks it would kill the TBO class

I would prefer some RWD cars that would sit in the FXR,UFR class that had slick.

Come on, seriously... We would be FORCED to use slicks. Who uses road normals on TBO? People have to use supers or you don't stand a chance.

I get the feel this sort of thread, like many others is just a cry for new content or some form of a change.

+1 Agreed, exactly my thoughts....saved me posting more

Quote from Bob Smith :You're already playing his opinion.

So true, which is why I think Woz's opinion is even more valid. I don't think we will see either to be honest.

Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG