The online racing simulator
Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )

Poll : Slick shod TBO class?

Yes, it would add to the game
No, no one would drive the standard TBO's anymore
Yes, but I fear it may dilute online racing
Other - please post
i chose "other plz post moar kittiez" because i think the proposal sucks. the turbo class is really good, has lots of grip, goes very fast and is just fun. thats why people have been playing it for nigh on 40 years.

if you want to drive something "faster and with more grip and with better handling and more like a race car" then drive the fox. that is what the turbo class is like with slicks, use lfstweak if you dont believe me.

there are already awesome GTRs and compact touring cars. maybe a couple of rwd compcts would be cool in the later class, but part of its appeal is the chuckable cars and close racing.

why not give the LX4 some buddies and get a bit creative for a change? intellectual property can be created, as well as modified.
Quote from Bob Smith :You're already playing his opinion.

sorry i don't realy know what you mean? easy english?
Quote from Leprekaun :FXO GT S

Engine: 1.9 turbocharged inline 4 / FWD

Power: 294 BHP

Torque: 370 Nm

Weight: 1111 Kg

Power-Weight Ratio: (261 BHP/ton)

What's wrong with a boxer engine?
I'd rather see three completely different cars for a new class than re-used tbo cars.
#55 - Woz
Quote from henrico-20- :sorry i don't realy know what you mean? easy english?

Scawen tends to add/remove what he thinks is right for the direction of the game. Case in point being auto blip aid was recently removed and caused loads of bitching BUT shows Scawen wanted more hardcore feel.

Slicks are probably NOT on the TBO because he KNOWS it means road tyres might as well be removed from the game because nobody will use them.

This request has come up again and again and again over the years and has ALWAYS been ignored.

Hope that clears it up for you
Quote from Woz :Scawen tends to add/remove what he thinks is right for the direction of the game. Case in point being auto blip aid was recently removed and caused loads of bitching BUT shows Scawen wanted more hardcore feel.

Slicks are probably NOT on the TBO because he KNOWS it means road tyres might as well be removed from the game because nobody will use them.

This request has come up again and again and again over the years and has ALWAYS been ignored.

Hope that clears it up for you

its NOT the tbo cars with slicks though

its a slightly modified tbo touring class, mid way between tbo and gtr's
I would LOVE to have touring cars in LFS. LOVE!

Here's a list of what I would LOVE to see in LFS :

- BMW Sauber F1.08, Ferrari F1.08, etc.
- Touring cars (WTCC, BTCC, etc.)
- Go-Karts (A couple of different types with Kart tracks would be nice)

That's the main things I'd LOVE to see in LFS.

So maybe not TBO class with slicks but rather a brand new class for Touring cars which would have FWD, RWD and AWD which are balanced and have slicks and about the same power as WTCC cars.
Quote from flymike91 :I'd rather see three completely different cars for a new class than re-used tbo cars.

Once I agree with him ^^

---
What LFS needs is high power track machines like Ferrari F430, Caterham 7 CSR260 and Noble M400. That class would be right under or actually over the high power muscle car class with Viper, Zonda and Porsche 911 GT3 . Sorry, I just once again got a bit carried away
Quote from frokki :Please, don't make the TBO class duller. But adding a new bit more powerful touring car class sounds good!

First of all i would Vote for not putting Slicks, but to keep the Road supers in this class. Because Slicks are changing all the driving. There are many people that enjoy from Racing on Road tires.

Imho - there can be an upgrade, that is only more power,something like 300-310 hp, same cars [maybe with a bit wider tires,especially at rear on RWD].
That would make the TBO very interesting,if keeping Road tires. There is already skill about how to handle and apply the power.

Can be options or making another class with more power,but road tires, or IMO better option is to Upgrade the TBO's current tire sizes and Power
#60 - TG44
well most of you know this pic http://farm1.static.flickr.com ... 85715175_6bedffbb0a_b.jpg

I think we need something like the 320si in lfs if not the 320si itself..
in both road, and touring car specs.
and we need an RWD saloon in lfs, imo.

and yeh, i'm not sure about the slicks under the TBO class cars though... :/
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from Dj-Aeri :I don't know why the "road cars" have racing parts but not wheels

So, in a mini we can adjust the gearbox final drive ratio (with a 4 poor gearbox), the ride height, the steering lock... and we can't put slicks? that's a nonsense.

Because Slicks change everything:
1)It's much faster, so it's not same class anymore...if you put slicks - people will never choose Supers in racing vs Slicks
2)it's another driving style
3)It's MUST make a lower CG, else cars can flip easly [already checked].
4)Cars should be much stiffer.
5)There are already many cars in LFS with slicks, and there are still MANY people who like racing with Road tires.

If to make a different class, maybe. Or possibility on server-side to FORCE tire choice.
#62 - Woz
Quote from Dj-Aeri :I don't know why the "road cars" have racing parts but not wheels

So, in a mini we can adjust the gearbox final drive ratio (with a 4 poor gearbox), the ride height, the steering lock... and we can't put slicks? that's a nonsense.

What is nonsense is that if all the cars had slicks you might as well remove road tyres from the game as they would become pointless. Can you not see that at all?
This is one of the things that annoys me about LFS, the uncomfortable realism, in some cases it's striving for ultimate realism, but in other cases it veers wildly of into the realms of fantasy, the infintesimal setup options spring to mind.......

As for saying the road tyres will become redundant if slicks were added, I don't buy it, it's almost like saying the UF1 is redundant because we have the BF1
I think the setups should be heavily restricted on the road cars - maybe just tyre pressure and one or two other bits ...
Quote from danowat :This is one of the things that annoys me about LFS, the uncomfortable realism, in some cases it's striving for ultimate realism, but in other cases it veers wildly of into the realms of fantasy, the infintesimal setup options spring to mind.......

As for saying the road tyres will become redundant if slicks were added, I don't buy it, it's almost like saying the UF1 is redundant because we have the BF1

UF1 has an UFR with slicks.
duke_toaster@ Why to limit things,that are important in racing road cars?
Even in my BMW i can adjust Suspention as i want,Anti Rolls, Toe In, Cambers etc.
Probably UF1 hasn't these settings,since it's simple and cheap car
sanderman2000, is your suspension all standard? (By that, I mean just as you/the original owner bought it from the dealer).

LFS road cars do not have a roll cage and run on road legal tyres. I am guessing that they are stark raving standard due to this. Whilst standard road cars do not participate in wheel to wheel motorsport, they can participate in autocross, autosolo, autotest, sprints, hillclimbs and so-on.

E : The UFR has a different engine, suspension and so-on to the UF1. The same as the other racing cars.
Nope,it's custom Coilovers with adjusting, and custom anti rolls with adjusting.
The only settings are possible to change in stock car like mine are TOE IN,Camber at rear and tire pressure at all wheels
I understand what you mean.
But still I don't want the Road cars on Road tires to die, as a class [since it's the car that are like 1 to 1 as my real life]. So LFS helps to learn same Skill and get same reflexes. And vice versa [real life getting better = better in LFS].
Quote from sanderman2000 :But still I don't want the Road cars on Road tires to die, as a class [since it's the car that are like 1 to 1 as my real life]. So LFS helps to learn same Skill and get same reflexes. And vice versa [real life getting better = better in LFS].

Neither do I. It's just that the road cars have a bizzare level of setupability, for standard road cars. I'd like to see the setup stuff at least heavily reined in (we can lose the gear ratios stuff for a kick-off).
#69 - Woz
Quote from danowat :This is one of the things that annoys me about LFS, the uncomfortable realism, in some cases it's striving for ultimate realism, but in other cases it veers wildly of into the realms of fantasy, the infintesimal setup options spring to mind.......

Yep and I + others over the years have asked for really restricted setup options on the lower end cars.

Quote from danowat :As for saying the road tyres will become redundant if slicks were added, I don't buy it, it's almost like saying the UF1 is redundant because we have the BF1

Not the same at all because when there is a UF1 race people would not call selecting a BF1 fair.

What it means is that if the UF1 can have slicks that you will FORCED to use them ALWAYS when you are in a UF1 race or accept the fact you will lose every race by a HUGE margin. When was the last time you joined a TBO race and selected road normals over road supers? I am willing to bet you NEVER have becaue its pointless.

Its the same thing as old BL1 track where you were FORCED to use the tarmac that was off to the side before the S to flatten the corner for speed, even though it want against what was allowed IRL, because everyone else did it. If you didnt you lost every race.

Hope that helps you understand.

-1 slicks on current road cars.
+1 for far more restricted setup options on road cars as they would never have the setup options they have
Why are you all still arguing about this? I said "no" back on page one. Move on.
ok what I don't understand is why wouldn't you guys want a touring car class. Something like early 90's btcc or something.

Or are you just ignoring the real request (touring cars) because the topic says TBO with slicks?

The gtr's are racecar versions of the TBO cars, and people drive both avidly...so that argument doesn't work.

The touring car would be a step in between the two.
Just enable Slicks on the existing TBO class.... Simple.
#73 - Woz
Quote from BlueFlame :Just enable Slicks on the existing TBO class.... Simple.

ROTF, have you read NOTHING

i think this should be the link for the 4wd FXO to FXR, could be great to have something like it, i thinking, like the old A4 Quaddro

Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG