Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )

Poll : Slick shod TBO class?

Yes, it would add to the game
No, no one would drive the standard TBO's anymore
Yes, but I fear it may dilute online racing
Other - please post
Slick shod TBO class?
Whilst watching BTCC yesterday I was thinking about the TBO class, and if making a slick-shod, club racer / touring car version of the TBO class would add anything to the sim.

Now I know this has been mentioned a few times, and I personally would like it, but if it were added, would it actually add anything to the sim?.

By this I mean, would it just mean nobody drives the road TBO class anymore?.

Anyone have any thoughts?, to my mind, it would be a pretty simple addition to the game, just chuck some slicks, a small bodykit and a rollcage on the existing TBO's and bang, and whole new class, but I am not sure if would work in practice.
#2 - JJ72
nah, just as we move away from generic car platform sharing among classes and "race" cars that are just street cars with a road cage........no
I don't really like the idea. People will just wanna go for the faster cars, and no-one would drive the Turbo class cars, which are one of my favorite cars to drive in LFS.

We already have 2 GTR classes. You can use them instead.
using slick mod with old versions of the game, TBO cars flip over with that much grip
Slickmod was actually quite fun on the patches it was made for. Yeah some of the cars flipped a bit easier but thats part of the fun. UFR and XFR flip fairly easily so what's the problem?

If it was used in some league it could be good, something different atleast.

Obviously it would only be used if the server was using it so it's not like people could cheat by using it on every server.

So from me, +1 to see slickmod again.
This is the reason why slickmod shouldn't be a replacement for a proper slick TBO class, the cars would be modified properly (suspension and COG mods) to stop them flipping over so much.
Wouldn't that mean we'd have a new FXO, RB4 and XRT if slickmod wasn't used?
No, forget slickmod
The idea is good, but I can't see the devs doing that. No time soon anyway.
if the cars need to be modified to keep from flipping over, then it won't be tbo?
The road class stays untouched, nothing needs changing, a new slick shod touring class is added with the required modifications.

And I too doubt very much the dev's would even consider the idea, but I just wanted to see how the general population felt about it.
-
(spanks) DELETED by spanks : double posted somehow
oh, that'd be awesome

I thought you just meant like xrt with r1's

+1, sorry for the earlier posts
R5 tires only.
+1, I think this could add some great races to LFS. The car would be somehow powerfull, but aswell pretty easy to controll.
+1*10exp(99) for proper touring cars!

TBO is always fun on the right tracks
Leave the TBOs alone, we need a 'fast-road' class, maybe even add a 200bhp 1000Kg hot-hatch.

We could do with a S2000/Touring Car class though, with ~300bhp and slicks.
Fully racing spec TBO cars would be great - in pretty much the same sense that extra cars would be great. Wouldn't that effectively move them to the same class as the UFR and XFR though (although with more options for the drivetrain)?
No, I think the XFR and GTR remain a GT3 class, and the TBO race class is S2000 / TC class
i thnk the class you are suggesting would be a lot better without the turbos, but because of scavier tuning, the cars would still make about 300hp, and they would have the stripped out interiors, and roll cages, just like modern touring cars, but without the silly body kits, jus a little front spoiler/splitter, and a rear wing
I think that slicks should be added, but they shouldn't give much grip tbh. This road tires that are on TBO now are giving just enough grip, like BTCC cars.
But I would like to see slicks + rollcage and some aerodynamic spoilers, like FXO in S1, just for better visual impression.
+1
Not as a change to the TBO class, but I'm definitely up for a TC class.
I'd love to see a european-styled, touring car specced car. The closest thing is the FXO and that's a japanese monstrosity.
Road supers have (a little) too much grip already tbh. The cars will be more fun to drive if they had LESS grip, not more. The TBO class just don't have the power to really require slicks without making them even less exciting to drive. Pressing the throttle in a RWD is no fun if you can just mash it.
Yep, it wouldn't be much fun without sharper and lighter handling.
Quote from Bob Smith :Road supers have (a little) too much grip already tbh. The cars will be more fun to drive if they had LESS grip, not more. The TBO class just don't have the power to really require slicks without making them even less exciting to drive. Pressing the throttle in a RWD is no fun if you can just mash it.

That almost reminds me of the XRR, that massive turbo lag lets you stomp the throttle nearly without any negative behavior, I can't even imagine getting on the XRT with R3, it would be like driving the FOX but with a roof on top of your head :P

Slick shod TBO class?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG