The online racing simulator
can't buy the license
(57 posts, started )
Thanks Anyway guys
Ya paypal might be your only option... linking your bank account up to it is a pain though.. dont get me started about paypal >.<;
hmm and that think via moneybookers ?
Here in Portugal, we have a system that allows us to create a virtual card, which has in it the amount of money we specify. Once you pay, it disappears, and no more charges can be made. And it functions as any card i want, either visa, mastercard, etc.

Here its called MBnet, and we can sign up for it in any bank. Might be a good option if it existed there...
Quote from LiveForBoobs :Here in Portugal, we have a system that allows us to create a virtual card, which has in it the amount of money we specify. Once you pay, it disappears, and no more charges can be made. And it functions as any card i want, either visa, mastercard, etc.

Here its called MBnet, and we can sign up for it in any bank. Might be a good option if it existed there...

That's a very neat system. Unfortunately it doesn't exist here.

scoped11, you can use Moneybookers. You have to create an account there, and then you can transfer money to it with a normal bank transfer (= gewone overschrijving) (instructions on their site). It will take 1 or 2 days. If you have the money in your Moneybookers account you can then buy the LFS license via the LFS site, no problem.
Quote from obsolum :That's a very neat system. Unfortunately it doesn't exist here.

scoped11, you can use Moneybookers. You have to create an account there, and then you can transfer money to it with a normal bank transfer (= gewone overschrijving) (instructions on their site). It will take 1 or 2 days. If you have the money in your Moneybookers account you can then buy the LFS license via the LFS site, no problem.

So Moneykers is the best option for me thanks :d
isn't there a possibility to buy a credit card with a given amount of money on it? dunno how it's called! But in some countries you can go to the shopping mall and buy one there! you can choose the amount of money which is on it and u cant give out more than it's on and you can't reload it.
i dunno
Nope, no such thing exists here.
Use paypal..
International Money Order? Unless there is something akin to a tuxedo card in your part of the world. You can't use the tuxedo card thing as you have to be a British resident (If you have a mate over here you could do it that way but it isn't kosher and would be harder than moneybookers).

TECHNICAL QUESTION: Why does LFS not take VISA debit cards from outside the UK when they would work in chip and pin machines in the UK, and British VISA cards work on US-based websites? Is it to do with the devs or a technological limitation?
Quote from BoyGTA :Use paypal..

Dang, now why didn't anybody else think of that? Oh wait...
not sure whats available over there but does any MAJOR credit card company's near you make gift cards? if so you can buy one with your card and put however much a license costs on it and pay with that. or put something on ebay that costs the same as a license and buy it with your card, then the money will be in your paypal account and if im correct you can use that money without setting up a bank account(saves a LOT of time) to buy the license.

nice to hear someones first thoughts of the game. it only gets better and better once you get the license! good luck
Can i buy license with Visa Electron card?
Quote from TexasLTU :Can i buy license with Visa Electron card?

No. Need a credit card. Visa Electron is a debit card, same as Maestro. Virtual credit card is a good option. We have it here at Colombia so I guess with a little research you can find it in most countries.
hmm. Money Orders are the way to go!
Quote from TexasLTU :Can i buy license with Visa Electron card?

I don't think so (if it was a UK card the answer would be yes).
i one go for MoneyBookers it seems too be the best
nad paypal doesn't work either i have too use a mastercard or visa and i don't have that
Quote from scoped11 :i one go for MoneyBookers it seems too be the best
nad paypal doesn't work either i have too use a mastercard or visa and i don't have that

Money Booker work fine, don't worry. The plus for MB is that you can send a paycheck to refill your account. No need of any card but a little bit slower.

I hope you'll get it working.
Quote from obsolum :If you're under 18 you can't get a credit card from your bank anyway.

but how i got credit card? I was 17 when i got a credit card(visa electron)... bank just needed parent's permission to i could get credit card.
And it works ok, i bought with it lfs, and some other things.
Or it's specific rule in your country?
Quote from ddd9022 :but how i got credit card? I was 17 when i got a credit card(visa electron)... bank just needed parent's permission to i could get credit card.
And it works ok, i bought with it lfs, and some other things.
Or it's specific rule in your country?

Yeah, I suppose you could get a credit card here if you're under 18, with explicit agreement from your parents or other adults.
The Visa Electron protocol can be used for debit and credit cards.

can't buy the license
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG