The online racing simulator
A new meaning to drifting
(203 posts, started )
Quote from Fat-Alfie :I think hotlapping is as much 'not racing' as drifting is

hotlapping is racing for the fastest time as possible, drifting is just show off
#27 - hda
Quote from TURKISHPOWER :Drift is an art.It's not a race.

shame you haven't got the xrt

drift is a joke, i thought we had that cleared up by now
For god sake. Its people like you that give it a bad name to be honest. You don't shut up about trying to defend it instead of letting the people who don't like it just get over it.

People who make topics about drifting being not rice make it seem more rice and destroy it more. Stop it.
Quote from Drunken Predator :The first post was far more reasonable, polite and nicely written than any of the replies. Keep up the good attitude!
Dont let the "we are here to say you suck because we dont think alike"
guys which this forum is loaded with to take ya down..
Being open minded is a good thing!

(i aint no drifter either.. but its fun to go sideways )

+1!
Quote from Drunken Predator :The first post was far more reasonable, polite and nicely written than any of the replies. Keep up the good attitude!
Dont let the "we are here to say you suck because we dont think alike"
guys which this forum is loaded with to take ya down..
Being open minded is a good thing!

(i aint no drifter either.. but its fun to go sideways )

Agree
With tolerance this world would be awesome^^
#31 - Dac

so your saying all you drifters out there are actually figure skaters? :P
nice weather we are having!
Quote from Quint999 :Drifting - The synchronised swimming of motorsport

:ices_rofl

I don't get why this thread is here. He starts rambling on about how no-one likes drifting, and how it's great, and everyone who does it has the talent of figure-skaters (which they don't, figure skaters > drifters), and then says he doesn't drift and just wanted to turn it into a "noble motorsport"...

Given that ~80% of dirfters are complete arseholes without the slightest regard for others (I know that some people here aren't. They are in the 20% bracket who aren't utter pillocks!), I don't see how it's a noble motorsport. Le Mans, Triumph and the Nordchleiffe would all be noble in regard to motorsport. But I'm sorry, drifting just isn't, not in LFS at least
#34 - Dac
its also subjective, not like real racing where the winner is clearly the winner (unless they come within less than a thousands of a second together lol)
Quote :Given that ~80% of dirfters are complete arseholes without the slightest regard for others

...and 80% of the people who replied to this post aren't? the OP didn't attack anyone or call anyone names...all he was saying is that drifting takes a little more finesse and skill than most think...he never said drifting is great, he just said it is in a different league because it isn't about how fast you get from A to B, it's the style in which you do it...

Did any of you actually read his post or did you just see the thread title and jump on the 'hate' bandwagon?

this community has such a short fuse...and is quite hypocritical at times...
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :...and 80% of the people who replied to this post aren't? the OP didn't attack anyone or call anyone names...all he was saying is that drifting takes a little more finesse and skill than most think...he never said drifting is great, he just said it is in a different league because it isn't about how fast you get from A to B, it's the style in which you do it...

Did any of you actually read his post or did you just see the thread title and jump on the 'hate' bandwagon?

this community has such a short fuse...and is quite hypocritical at times...

No, he didn't attack anyone. But he did make the thread specifically to cause an argument over racing/drifting. There is no other reason to make a thread saying why we should all pay homage to drifters, as they are a noble motorsport(ists), plus he has a track-record for that kind of carry-on...Besides the fact that not very many people (apart from drifters themselves. But maybe the 80% rule kicks in here too) like drifters, because of they way they act, or at least, the stereotype of the way they act, so they'll flame the OP for bringing it up.

Godwin's law will come in to effect soon anyway, almost inevitable in a thread about drifting
Why do you think I posted this thread to cause an argument over racing/drifting?I never said drifting rules and racing sucks or anything like that and I never said we should all pay homage to drifters. I said that we should show them the same respect we show to racers because they're also racing and they also need talent, skills, etc. I made this thread hopping that some people who have a bad impression will change the way they see drifting but I got flamed for other reassons that are not related to this thread. By the way ,you should all know that you don't judge a man by his past, you judge him for what he stands today.
Quote from BAMBO :I didn't made the thread to cause an argument over racing/drifting, I made it just so I could show some of the people ,that have a bad impression about drifting, the other side of drifting.

But there's already been a million posts on that and people just bash them and make drifting look worse.

Don't post and it'll get better.
#39 - Dac
Quote from BAMBO :Why do you think I posted this thread to cause an argument over racing/drifting?I never said drifting rules and racing sucks or anything like that and I never said we should all pay homage to drifters. I said that we should give them the same respect we give to racers because they're also racing/

why cant you just accept that people already know what drifting is and whats its about yet do not want to respect it. i respect the skill involved as i tried it and saw just how difficult it is yet i do not respect drifting as a form of racing.

if drifters want to be taken seriously then they really need to do alot of work. somehow i just dont think the art (and it is an art) of sliding a car around a corner when its not supposed to can ever be a respectable sport. the whole drifting scene annoys me, drifters attitude annoys me, the way they make a car do what it was designed not to do annoys me, the fact that its purely subjective annoys me.
Quote from BAMBO :I said that we should show them the same respect we show to racers because they're also racing and they also need talent, skills, etc.

They're not racing. They're intentionally losing control of the car to appear "cool".

Quote from BAMBO :By the way ,you should all know that you don't judge a man by his past, you judge him for what he stands today.

Erm, no? In that case why are police, school and employment records kept? When someone commits an offence with a record 2 inches thick, should he be punished the same as a first-time offender? Nope. You do cause spammy threads on the forum, and that's what people associate with you. Stop spamming and it might go away...

As Jack said, there's been gazillions of threads on the drifter/racer/cruiser arguments, there's no need to intentionally start a new one...
Quote from G!NhO :hotlapping is racing for the fastest time as possible, drifting is just show off

And trying to be the fastest ISN'T showing off? Please.....
Why do drifters and racers always have to fight?
I mean, racers, let the drifters drift, and drifters, let the racers race.
Id suggest euthanasia to half of these people who replied,
so i guess that makes me intolerant aswell
Quote from Fat-Alfie :And trying to be the fastest ISN'T showing off? Please.....

Drifting is more show and racing is uhmmmmm....................racing but not really showing off
It's fine if you think drifters go sideways to be cool, it's your opinion and I won't try to change it and if people don't like a thread they should just tell me that, not flame me but in any case, if this topic bothers you so much, then don't post in it, just imagine it isn't here. Why can't we discuss topics in a civilized manor? The ideea of a forum comes from the ancient greeks who used to discuss philosophical and real problems in a theatre-shaped building , we are acting more like barbarians.
I sometimes try to drift around for fun. Its a great feeling when you initiate a perfect long, fast and smooth slide around a corner. It is difficult to do correct and balanced. (especially because i heel and toe)
I must agree i dont like the drifting culture, as i dont like many things about todays "popular" culture. But full respect to whoever can do it well (using realistic input methods of course), in game and real life.
Quote from Drunken Predator :I sometimes try to drift around for fun. Its a great feeling when you initiate a perfect long, fast and smooth slide around a corner. It is difficult to do correct and balanced. (especially because i heel and toe)
I must agree i dont like the drifting culture, as i dont like many things about todays "popular" culture. But full respect to whoever can do it well (using realistic input methods of course), in game and real life.

I think that's the main problem. It's not the drifting, it's the drifting culture. I've no problem if 20 lads want to scream around a track until each and every tyre is blown, that's their fun, and that's fine. But to see threads like "We wantz drift car!!!11!, and to see drifters invade real racing servers is what gives them the stigma. Should they all suddenly get a major boost in maturity levels (again, that's what I meant by 80%. 20% are sensible and mature, and they're grand), then I'm sure the racers won't be as...quick on the trigger

@BAMBO: People were telling you that they don't like drifting, and replying in a thread, as is the point of a forum. The argument of saying "if you don't like it, don't post" is moot, as anybody who is a member can post in a thread, so long as it doesn't violate the forum rules. Also, real-life forums can become a lot more heated than online forums, watch some politics TV (heh, it's all that's on early in the morning here :rolleyes)...

In fact this thread has been very civilised, hardly "barbarian" behaviour
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
Quote from BAMBO : As you all know the drifting community has never been appreciated by the LFS community because your average LFS drifter is a teenager that has just seen Tokyo Drift and thinks that he knows everything there is about drifting thus acting like a moron leaving others a bad impression about this interesting motor sport.

By that I also meant that he acts like a show-off and doesn't obey the law. Everything is in the first post.
Honestly, everyone needs to stop with the topics, and the arguments. Drifting is using a car a way you enjoy, racing is using a car the way you enjoy. Different people will like different things - but don't go Seung-Hui Cho just because you don't like it. Sure, it may seem off. Sure, it may not be seen as a motorsport, but people think an atom smasher will destroy everything in the world by creating a black hole too. It's unknown, but we still do it. Whether it's a true motorsport or not will be left up to those who are willing to give up some moolah and set a standard for "good" drifting or "bad" drifting. Hell, that's what motorsport is anyway, right? Just money for winning on a standard. So until there's a set standard, bugger off the subject of drifting.

Drifting culture today is a different story. I'd absolutely adore it if every drift chick was some Asian model in a short mini-skirt. I'd probably sell my house and buy a Toyota Soarer, or some nice old car to thrash around. But the kids, and men, that go around saying drifting is so fast, and spout Initial D bull... ignore them. Heck, I don't even listen to a racer if he can't dot his I's and cross his T's. So maybe start judging by the character of a person and his attitude rather than judging by the sport he competes in.
Just stop this is pointless, get over it.

A new meaning to drifting
(203 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG