The online racing simulator
A new meaning to drifting
(203 posts, started )
#1 - BAMBO
As you all know the drifting community has never been appreciated by the LFS community because some don't consider it a motor sport and others because your average LFS drifter is a teenager that has just seen Tokyo Drift and thinks that he knows everything there is about drifting thus acting like a moron leaving others a bad impression about this interesting motor sport. Some consider that all you need is a car able to loose grip and a heavy right foot but like any other motor sport , drifting requires a driver that has not just sharp responses but also a driver that has finesse and talent because anyone can drift but only a true professional and a dedicated driver can do a harmonious drift that gives it it’s beauty. To understand why someone can’t compare it to another motor sport, we shall need to look it from another point of view. Let’s find a sport that is similar to some of the motor sports we have today. Dragsters would be the sprint runners, trying to go as fast as they can in a short distance. Le Mans drivers would be the endurance runners trying to finish a very long race. The drifter would be the figure skaters ,not showing speed but beauty. Returning to cars we can say that usually any other motor sport is about going to A to B as fast as you can while drifting is to go from A to B in the most beautiful way you can go in a car. By that analysis I determined that drifting is literally and metaphorically speaking in another league, comparing drifting to any other motor sport is like comparing hockey to figure skating or dog fighting to plane acrobatics and remember never judge a sport by a driver, judge it by it’s beauty and purpose.

PS: I am not a drifter, I just wanted to make this things clear because I am open-minded to any motor sport and I wanted to share it with you hoping that it may change the way some of you think about this noble motor sport that deserves as much respect as any other motor sport
#2 - Gil07
Oh ffs. Why?
This xit agayn...

Why do you want to convince people or change theyr opinion in any way?

if you dont like drifting

dont do it

i have fun doing it and thats enough reward, i never cared what people think, it works wonders for me and should also work for anybody else.................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................
............who isnt a sissy asian Emo.
i did like the mental image of tristan in a tutu on skates sliding with the rtdc but then i rememberd hes already worn something very similar and it turned out creepy
#6 - VoiD
Quote from BAMBO :...By that analysis I determined that drifting is literally and metaphorically speaking in another league...

Thx for (another useless) post, but it isn´t another league, it´s another game...
Best solution.

"This message is hidden because BAMBO is on your ignore list."
Thank you for using a font thats easy to read.
I find it hard to not like anything posted next to that avatar but, although a kind of valid point that makes some kind of sense, I do think that it would be good to drop the subject and let people make their own opinions. What I would say is that people shouldn't be so inappropriately vocal about their hatred/love of the activity of drifting - after all, LFS is a game that people have paid for and so they can do anything they like with it and have the right not to be bombarded with insults every time they take part in whatever they like to do in the game.

Anyway

/"drift or race" debate, please!
Wow. After reading Bambo's post, I suddenly have a whole new appreciation for drifting.

Well, not really.
i think that "normal" or "grip" racing is the most beautiful way to go from "A" to "B", and also the fastest i mean, what is more beautiful than watching a perfect hotlap? a car going sideways and making smoke? i don't think so
Quote from [plidex] mateo :i mean, what is more beautiful than watching a perfect hotlap?

I thought you said racing? Hotlaps are boring. Side-by-side, in traffic. That's the good stuff.

Quote from MAGGOT :I thought you said racing? Hotlaps are boring. Side-by-side, in traffic. That's the good stuff.

Heh, Tokyo Drift does side-by-side stuff in traffic too...

And even though I'm a drifter, BAMBO goes to my ignore list for trying to start a fight once again (after the Jeep vs. Hummer and other posts of his own. Thanks!
Well it's not the motorsport that people just hate...
It's the people in it too. And it just so happens to be that some of the newcomers that go to drifting take it as a free-for-all and don't really care about its etiquette. In contrast, the newcomers to racing do have some courtesy and obey some of the basic rules.
#16 - JJ72
Ok so who's joining the 'I have BAMBO and GH!N0 in my ignore list' club with me?

The first post was far more reasonable, polite and nicely written than any of the replies. Keep up the good attitude!
Dont let the "we are here to say you suck because we dont think alike"
guys which this forum is loaded with to take ya down..
Being open minded is a good thing!

(i aint no drifter either.. but its fun to go sideways )
Quote from Drunken Predator :The first post was far more reasonable, polite and nicely written than any of the replies. Keep up the good attitude!

I concur. Although I can't really understand the ultimate point of the first post BAMBO wasn't being rude for the sake of being rude.
Quote from Riders Motion :Ok so who's joining the 'I have BAMBO and GH!N0 in my ignore list' club with me?

whahaa he still spells my name wrong lol

idiot
Drift is an art.It's not a race.
I think hotlapping is as much 'not racing' as drifting is
Quote from TURKISHPOWER :Drift is an art.It's not a race.

Actually agree on this one. Drift can not be put as racing, but as a style of art actually describes it well.
I don't drift, and never seen the interest in it, but I'll agree that drift can be art if done right.

(203 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG