The online racing simulator
Watchmen: most anticipated comic film of all time
That's not my kind of movie but man, those special effects are jaw dropping.
#3 - wien
<oldfart type="grumpy">
I don't get recent Hollywood megamovies. I just don't. Is there some acting buried in there somewhere or is the CGI the whole point these days? CGI stopped exciting me after Lucas raped and murdered the Star Wars prequels with it. It seems they're doing entire movies in front of green screens and it's just so painfully obvious. There's nothing for the actors to act off of so you end up with movies completely devoid of human emotion. The actors are just puppets with glazed over eyes.

Now, I used to love a campy high-budget action movie as much as the next guy, but these days I just can't get excited about them. They've lost the charm that made them entertaining through all the effects.
</oldfart>

EDIT: Sorry about the negativity. I think it's a delayed reaction from watching the Transformers movie or something. That thing really depressed me.
Quote from wien :<oldfart type="grumpy">
I don't get recent Hollywood megamovies. I just don't. Is there some acting buried in there somewhere or is the CGI the whole point these days? CGI stopped exciting me after Lucas raped and murdered the Star Wars prequels with it. It seems they're doing entire movies in front of green screens and it's just so painfully obvious. There's nothing for the actors to act off of so you end up with movies completely devoid of human emotion. The actors are just puppets with glazed over eyes.

Now, I used to love a campy high-budget action movie as much as the next guy, but these days I just can't get excited about them. They've lost the charm that made them entertaining through all the effects.
</oldfart>

EDIT: Sorry about the negativity. I think it's a delayed reaction from watching the Transformers movie or something. That thing really depressed me.

I feel your pain, believe me.

This one could go either way. It's directed by the guy who did 300, so it could be completely over the top CGI wankfest, but if he can rein it in a bit, it could be incredible. From what I hear, the script is an extremely faithful adaptation of the book, which is a landmark in the genre. The cast is good, the action in the trailer looks pitch perfect. I'm excited.

Seriously read the book. It's worth it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :At least by people who read comics.

I'd rather use stronger words, but let's just say you're extremely presumptuous. For example I read a lot of comic books, yet I've never even heard of this crap.
Quote from Batterypark :I'd rather use stronger words, but let's just say you're extremely presumptuous. For example I read a lot of comic books, yet I've never even heard of this crap.

I guess you need to read more comics.

All I'm saying is that along with The Dark Knight Returns, it's nearly universally recognized as one of the greatest graphic novels of all time, and perhaps the greatest. And mostly what I was implying is that people who are into comics are more likely to be excited about this than people who go to see comic book movies for explosions and cool special effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen#Reception
I don't read comics, and I've heard of Watchmen.
ooooo very nice find
lets just hope hollywood doesnt screw it up like all the other comic adaptations.
Just came back from the cinema. The movie was brilliant from start to finish.
Quote from spankmeyer :Just came back from the cinema. The movie was brilliant from start to finish.

Yep, same here. One of the best films I've seen in ages.
*Spoiler... ish*

I got back about 2 hours ago and I have to say it was outrageous, but quite superb as well. Simply stunning special effects and some pretty good acting to boot.

One of my friends was hiding her face by the end - she couldn't take all the violence.
Quote from spankmeyer :Just came back from the cinema. The movie was brilliant from start to finish.

+1
Quote from Mp3 Astra :*Spoiler... ish*

I got back about 2 hours ago and I have to say it was outrageous, but quite superb as well. Simply stunning special effects and some pretty good acting to boot.

One of my friends was hiding her face by the end - she couldn't take all the violence.

lol it wasnt that hard imo, i´ve seen worse
Me too... She's a person who will happily watch Saw but found this more realistic violence sickening.
Just found out what the ending in the novel is.

I find it kind of ironic that if a different film did something like that it would have almost certainly benn dismissed as 'pointeless special effects'

Not knowing the novel when I watched it, I think the ending they used worked just as well, doing the 'proper' ending would have needed even more backstory to explain it, making an already very long film even longer.
#15 - Byku
I've also seen that moving, AWESOME. Great story, great ending and v.good special effects. What i liked also about it, that it wasn't so... censored, they've showed a penis in HOLYWOOD! OMG... (i'm no gay :razz... it was so bloody also.
haha, my mate next to me kept going 'DANGLY BLUE PENIS!!' whenever it was in shot
Me and my friends decided they had a whole department just to animate that thing realistically.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Me and my friends decided they had a whole department just to animate that thing realistically.

1st guy: "Whats your job mate?"
2nd guy: "I animate penises"
1st guy.......RUNS AWAY!!!!

haha, we had the same conversation as we left the cinema. Someone, somewhere in the world spent a week or so getting paid to make a giant glowing blue penis on a computer.

Where he puts his hand through the glass roof near the end, we decided he should have done it with his willy, hands behind head.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG